Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #16
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
And I 3rd it! When our QF flight got in late to LAX, we rushed to make the AA connection for our flight from LAX to Orlando (and did) but, although I would have been gutted to get to Orlando late, in the back of my mind, I felt reassured to know that, if we missed it, it was QF's responsibility to sort it out for us.

So I would never be on separate tickets with same day travel unless you had a long transit between the two flights and who wants a long transit?! Not me, that's for sure - especially at LAX
i don't mean to hijack this thread, but did you find that your flights were more expensive when flying direct through to orlando? my TA quoted me approx $1200 for the bne - mco flight, but we could get bne - lax return for 1200 and then our lax - mco return for approx 350. much cheaper than bne - mco 1200 and mco - lax 285 and lax - bne 1100...

maybe there was something i or my TA had missed

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
i don't mean to hijack this thread, but did you find that your flights were more expensive when flying direct through to orlando? my TA quoted me approx $1200 for the bne - mco flight, but we could get bne - lax return for 1200 and then our lax - mco return for approx 350. much cheaper than bne - mco 1200 and mco - lax 285 and lax - bne 1100...

Sorry I didn't even check the price of doing it separately as I knew I wanted to go WLG-AKL-LAX-MCO in one go. We couldn't leave any earlier than 29 Sep and that was the last day to check-in to POR to quality for free dining so HAD to get there!!
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #18
cola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Mix of non-partner airlines? Fixed dates? There are so many thing that can push fares up.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #19
cola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
If you are flying internally on the same day as your international flight - I would try and get those on the one ticket -

I couldnt stand the stress of possible delays and having to make a connection. If it is all on the one ticket, if you miss your connecting flight,its their responsibility.

(Also your baggage allowance will included as per you international ticket)
Been there, done that!

United into LA, on time, sailed through immigration, got connecting flight to ORD, it sat on the tarmac to AGES, arrived in Chicago 30min late, (not helped by someone that refused to site down once we actually landed while the plane was taxing around, so we had to STOP), finally got to the terminal with 15min to get to next flight, which was as far away from the gate we landed at as you could get, got to next gate with 3min to spare but they had already closed the gate. Went back to United, was given a night at the airport Hilton I think it was plus meal vouchers for dinner and breakfast, got flight next morning. If any of those flights had been ticketed separately, it would've all been at our expense, which would've been ok claiming through travel insurance, but only had to claim the first night in Miami.

Another trip, I had SYD-Vegas-MCO-SYD. Friends had return London-Vegas, decided to change to LON-Vegas-MCO-LON, Virgin Atlantic didn't do Vegas-MCO, they got a separate ticket, got hit with baggage fees, something like $50 each, no baggage fee for me on the international ticket.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: