Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #226
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyrn9 View Post
Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on the Nov 3rd cruise so I thought I'd introduce myself instead of continuing to lurk. 😀
My name is Molly and my DH is Jeff. We have two little girls. Kayla will be 4 in December and Jenna just turned 2. We are huge Disney fans, but this is our 1st cruise experience. I am definitely a rookie at planning and feel very clueless! Lol! I was tempted to do FE, but I think we'll pass this time because I already feel a little overwhelmed. 😬
Any tips for planning would be greatly appreciated!
I look forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome aboard!! You will LOVE the cruise! I will be onboard with my 2 year old daughter, but bringing my parents this time (hubby and the 6 year old are staying back due to school). Bring plenty of fun dress up clothes for the girls... we took several for our 14-night cruise last September and the girls loved getting to dress up, then hop back to the cabin for a quick change of clothes to continue with the next activity of the day.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #227
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! We have 11 groups signed up for the FE now. We had 16 post on the DIS meet thread saying they wanted to join. If you haven't please sign up soon! I want to make sure everyone who wanted to gets the opportunity.
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #228
disgirl2
Earning My Ears

My friend and I are booked on this sailing Its my 2nd Disney Cruise, her 1st. Got my docs on Monday - so excited! Just over 4 weeks!!!!!! We have a few things planned for excursions and spa treatments through the week. Cant wait! I so need a vacation!
disgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #229
Sorcerer-Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl2 View Post
My friend and I are booked on this sailing Its my 2nd Disney Cruise, her 1st. Got my docs on Monday - so excited! Just over 4 weeks!!!!!! We have a few things planned for excursions and spa treatments through the week. Cant wait! I so need a vacation!
Rebecca (Mickey-Mouse28) and I are doing the same. Looking forward to some BFF time together. We look forward to seeing you there.

2003 - October: DL Disneyland Hotel
2004 - May: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; May: DCL On board the Wonder Bahamas (4 days)
2006 - June: DL Disneyland Hotel
2007 - May: : WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; May: : DCL On board the Magic -Maiden Transatlantic Voyage; June: : DCL On board the Magic - Mediterranean
2007 - December: WDW Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge; December: DCL On board the Magic - Eastern Bahamas; December: WDW Off site
2008 - September: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; September: DCL On board the Magic -(5 day - Double Dipper)
2010 - November: DL DVC Grand California Hotel & Spa
2011 - January: DCL DREAM Bahamas (4 days); September: DCL On board the Magic -West Bound Transatlantic Voyage; Disney's All-Star Sport;
2012 - May: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; May: Disney's Contemporary Resort; November: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise;

Sorcerer-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #230
Sorcerer-Mickey
Mouseketeer

to all the new people joining our group!! We can not wait to get to know everyone and say Hi in person.

2004 - May: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; May: DCL On board the Wonder Bahamas (4 days)
2007 - May: : WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; May: : DCL On board the Magic -Maiden Transatlantic Voyage; June: : DCL On board the Magic - Mediterranean
2007 - December: WDW Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge; December: DCL On board the Magic - Eastern Bahamas; December: WDW Off site
2008 - September: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; September: DCL On board the Magic -(5 day - Double Dipper)
2011 - January: DCL DREAM Bahamas (4 days); September: DCL On board the Magic -West Bound Transatlantic Voyage; Disney's All-Star Sport;
2012 - May: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; May: Disney's Contemporary Resort; November: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise;

Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #231
Sorcerer-Mickey
Mouseketeer

I am sooooo excited ..... I received Mickey mail today!! My Disney documents are here, it is official!! We only have 30 days until we cruise!!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #232
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I'm officially crazy. I signed up for a 5K the day after we get back. Rock n Roll Mini-Marathon on the 11th. Anyone else going to be doing some running on deck 4?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #233
AboutAMouse
Earning My Ears

Crazy Question, yes I know!

Ok, so this is probably going to be crazy, but I need to know if it's possible!

How far from the port is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.? Like walking distance? Would it be doable to arrive at the port on the first Disney shuttle of the day, run to Bubba Gumps's for lunch, then board the ship? We've been really wanting to go there and this is the first opportunity we've had

Sept 1999 Offsite (Honeymoon!) / Jan 2004 Offsite / Jan 2005 Offsite / Sept 2007 ASM / June 2009 ASM (SW Weekends!) / Oct 2011 ASM / Apr 2012 POR (Royal Guest Suites!) / Nov 2012 Disney Magic (Galveston) / April 2013 Disney Fantasy (PC) / Feb 2014 Disney Wonder (Miami)

AboutAMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #234
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutAMouse View Post

How far from the port is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.? Like walking distance? Would it be doable to arrive at the port on the first Disney shuttle of the day, run to Bubba Gumps's for lunch, then board the ship? We've been really wanting to go there and this is the first opportunity we've had
I don't know how far, but I know it is not walking distance.

Ask on the "All About Galveston" thread. I don't know how cabs and stuff work in Galveston. The only thing to remember, and this is a good reminder for everyone, traffic my be bad that weekend. The Lone Star Rally is the 1-4th. I am making my DH leave an extra hour early just in case. A bunch of streets are going to be closed off right near the port area.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 10-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #235
Bonifay5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I'm officially crazy. I signed up for a 5K the day after we get back. Rock n Roll Mini-Marathon on the 11th. Anyone else going to be doing some running on deck 4?
Aren't the dining rooms on deck 4? I'll be running or probably waddling by Wed. there 3 times a day!
Bonifay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #236
disgirl2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer-Mickey View Post
Rebecca (Mickey-Mouse28) and I are doing the same. Looking forward to some BFF time together. We look forward to seeing you there.
Cool! Glad to know a few others are doing a friends getaway :D
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #237
disgirl2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
i am just starting to run. I will be walking the deck and at the gym to work on it :D Good luck with your 5K!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #238
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonifay5 View Post
Aren't the dining rooms on deck 4? I'll be running or probably waddling by Wed. there 3 times a day!
Love it! One MDR on deck 4, the others are on 3. (And yes, there will be some waddling from me as well!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl2 View Post
i am just starting to run. I will be walking the deck and at the gym to work on it :D Good luck with your 5K!
I love doing running events. There is so much good energy! Just a lot of fun and you see so many different people. From babies in strollers to people your grandparents age! I'm doing a 5K at Seaworld tomorrow then participants get to spend the day in the park. My DH unexpectedly had to go out of town this weekend so I signed up for it at the last minute. Hopefully I can do a RunDisney event in the next few years.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #239
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow is the LAST day for Fish Extender sign ups!

If anyone else wants to join please message me or Bonifey5 (or anyone else who is participating) and we will get you the link to the spreadsheet. I think we are up to 14 participating groups, so not to large of a group. Let us know if there are any questions.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #240
wdisneyk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutAMouse View Post

My husband works in Galveston and he said from port to pleasure pier is about 25 minutes . You have to go up 21st street and then pretty far down the sea wall to get there.
wdisneyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: