Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Doing a split stay in 2 weeks. I'd questioned whether or not bell services would move my bags and most replies said "no". Glad to know they did for you; I am hoping they will for me as well!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #32
scrapshappen
DIS Veteran

I used to be one of those that couldn't justify the cost of staying on site when I could stay off site for so much less. But we are splurging this time on the GC and I'm so excited.

I work it out in my head by comparing how much more we would spend if we bought four airline tickets from SLC to Florida and a value package at WDW. Let's just say it's a lot more than four nights at the GC at Disneyland with 6-day hoppers. (We drive to DLR from here). Besides that, it's milestone birthday for me so we are splurging for a reason.

We are also splitting our stay. First night at the Hilton, nights 2-5 at GC and then we haven't booked a hotel for the last night. It doesn't need to be near DL though since we will have used all six days of our hopper by then.
scrapshappen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #33
duckwife
Mouseketeer

I am wondering if an AP holder can check the AP rates at DLH for Nov 8-13. I have already decided that we are finally going to stay there this time We always stay offsite but DS(16) has always wanted to stay at the DLH. I figured we should do it this time as he may not want to go with us much longer. I am surprising DH and DS with this as I have told them we are staying at BWPPI and I am considering upgrading our parkhoppers to DAP's if the discount makes it worthwhile. Besides, it gives us an excuse to go again! (not that I need one!)
I am not sure I will be able to keep the secret as it is already killing me

Disneyland trips 1982, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011, Nov 2011, March 2012, November 2012, May 2013, Oct 2013
duckwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #34
dana278
Mouseketeer

DLH: Standard room/View room

November 8: $293/$324
November 9: $347/$365
November 10: No availability/$365
November 11: $293/$324
November 12: No availability/$324
November 13: No availability/$351
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #35
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwife View Post
I am wondering if an AP holder can check the AP rates at DLH for Nov 8-13.
Unfortunately it's kind of late to get what you want just a month out. The AP rate rooms have really been booking up this fall. For your dates, for a standard room at DLH, AP rates: Nov. 8 & 11 are $293 and Nov. 9th is $347. The 10th, 12th and 13th are not available at all for standard room, AP rates. There are still rooms with a view for your dates at a higher cost, of course. The view rooms Nov. 8, 11 & 12 run $324, Nov. 9 & 10 are $365 and the 13th is $351.

They go up from there and those rates do not include taxes or resort fees.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #36
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

@ Dana278: Must have posted at the same time. Yours is easier to read/linear.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #37
duckwife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
DLH: Standard room/View room

November 8: $293/$324
November 9: $347/$365
November 10: No availability/$365
November 11: $293/$324
November 12: No availability/$324
November 13: No availability/$351
Thanks for the reply. I figured it was only 10%, not quite enough to totally justify the added expense of an AP. I have booked an upper level view room already. We will enjoy our one and only DLH experience!!

Disneyland trips 1982, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011, Nov 2011, March 2012, November 2012, May 2013, Oct 2013
duckwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #38
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Keep in mind that when you go for 10 days to 2 weeks, you'll need to buy 2 or maybe 3 separate tickets per person. DLR only sells 5 day tickets now.

As far as average cost, paying rack rate is extremely expensive. We are staying for 6 nights in late January at the VGC for $178/night. Renting DVC points is an attractive option for getting 40-70% off rack rates.
I say YES!! to this!! RENT or own (Disney Vacation Club) villas @ Grand Californian!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemo View Post
I love to stay on-site!! We have stayed at all three over the years. It definitely adds magic to the whole trip.

When there are 5 or less traveling in the group we stay on-site. However, when the number reaches 6 or more, we have to make off-site arrangements.

Only one time when there were 7 of us did we stay on-site. Two adjoining rooms at the GrandCalifornian for a week.

Our family is now up to 9.
The cost for two rooms on-site is a real HIT on my budget!!
With meals, snacks, blah, blah....

The full expense of our family Disney trips are always my $$treat$$ and I can't afford two rooms on-site now.

Our family tree
DH, D-ME
DS, DGS (18), DGD (14)
DS, D-DIL, DGS (10), DGD (8)

Geemo
ALSO WHY I YES this!! RENT or own (Disney Vacation Club) villas @ Grand Californian!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
dmband
DIS Veteran

Just curious, the people who say stay on site because it adds to the experience...
A are you staying at dgc? Or one of the others?
B have you stayed at wdw?

I ask because I have stayed at wdw to many times to count and 100% feel it I worth it
But
I don't thing staying on site at dl is worth it, however I never stayed at dgc which I can see would be much cooler
If you think staying on site at dl is worth it and you have never been to wdw, don't even consider not staying on site there for a second
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

OMG, you guys are terrible enablers. I just got a new job with a huge raise, so I changed my Dec 9-13 BWPPI reservations to Dec 9-14 DLH ressies! And instead of getting a parkhopper, i'm getting a premium annual pass. To hell with the extra money; you only live once, right?
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #42
Disneyanajc
~It's just a moment...This time will pass~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Just curious, the people who say stay on site because it adds to the experience...
A are you staying at dgc? Or one of the others?
B have you stayed at wdw?

I ask because I have stayed at wdw to many times to count and 100% feel it I worth it
But
I don't thing staying on site at dl is worth it, however I never stayed at dgc which I can see would be much cooler
If you think staying on site at dl is worth it and you have never been to wdw, don't even consider not staying on site there for a second
A: 60+ stays at the DLH
1 stay at PPH
1 stay at GCH
B: 8 stays at the Contemporary /park view
3 stays at the Polynesian /club
1 stay Animal Kingdom Lodge /club
1 stay at the Grand Floridian /park view
I love the Magic of the DLH and it is my hotel of choice. From the moment I step on property, I feel like I'm 12 again and a Mouseketeer

Off to the World!
Disneyanajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #43
Mary09
Mouseketeer

I've only stayed at 3 onsite hotels (two at WDW) but I'm weird. They just feel like hotels to me. So I get a more magical feeling from the money I save staying off-site, and the extra days I get to stay due to it.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #44
Beee
Mouseketeer

We're staying at DLH for our first trip in December, they had me at light up headboards lol but the EMH are going to be awesome for us to see as much as we can on what is probably the one and only time we will visit DL. It is costing us close to $2000 for 5 nights, but hey when you are paying almost $20,000 for the entire trip it is not a huge part of the budget

I bought an AP so figured I will make up the extra cost of that with the AP rate (can anyone tell me what the AP rates are for dec 9-14? I can't access that section until I validate my pass when we arrive in Dec) and then discounts on dining & merchandise will be a saving on top of that...hoping so anyway!

I can see if you live closer and go more frequently that maybe staying onsite isn't of great value to you for the extra expense but I am looking forward to be totally immersed in Disney from the moment I check in until the day we check out

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #45
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerluvr View Post
OMG, you guys are terrible enablers. I just got a new job with a huge raise, so I changed my Dec 9-13 BWPPI reservations to Dec 9-14 DLH ressies! And instead of getting a parkhopper, i'm getting a premium annual pass. To hell with the extra money; you only live once, right?
omg, that is AWESOME! Enjoy!!

We've stayed onsite and we loved it. Of course, prices have really gone up since then, and now we're a family of 6 instead of 4, so it's so much more expensive because of that too. The next time we're able to afford it, we'll stay at DLH, but until then, it's the Kids Suite at HoJo and we're very happy about that.
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
MommyLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: