Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #15
pugcrazy
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Dinner at Tony's Town Square

So after eating our fill of patriotic foods at Liberty Tree Tavern, we headed out into the park to ride rides and watch shows until time for the afternoon parade. We had reserved viewing for the parades and fireworks thanks to a cast member who is a friend of the family.

After the parade, we were among the lucky ones that had been able to schedule FastPass Plus events prior to our arrival. We had scheduled rides for the afternoon. We were very pleased with how well this system worked. No running across the park to get a fast pass. Everything worked fine until…we chose to ride Big Thunder Mountain one more time. This put us running later into our time for Space Mountain (Fast Pass Plus time 5:30 – 6:30). We had a 6:10 dinner reservation for Tony’s Town Square. Dana did not plan to ride Space Mountain due to a knee injury so she walked to the front of the park to check in at Tony’s while we rode Space Mountain and then sprinted across the park to Tony’s. This would not have been a problem, but when she checked in at 6:10pm they immediately took her to a table. We were just getting off of Space Mountain. We rushed across the park and entered the restaurant sweating but also hungry. Our table was right next to the Lady and the Tramp fountain.

For drinks we had the usual Cokes and Diet Coke with Lime.

We were brought bread and olive oil. We enjoyed this.

For appetizers we had 2 Pezzi Parmesans and 2 Zucchini Fries and shared them.

Pezzi Parmesan

Zucchini Fries - Breaded ,seasoned with a creamy sun dried tomato dressing for dipping - $7.99
Both of the appetizers were delicious. The zucchini fries were my favorite, but the Pezzi Parmesan was excellent as well. I would order these again.

Dana ordered the Chicken Parmesan.

Chicken Parmigiana - Lightly breaded chicken breast with marinara sauce, melted mozzarella over spaghetti. - $16.99
The chicken was moist and well seasoned. The pasta was good, but I like angel hair pasta better. Dana ate little of the pasta as she wanted to save some room for dessert. She said that she would choose this entrée again.

Jeff ordered the Spaghetti and Sweet Italian Sausage.

Spaghetti - Spaghetti with choice of meatballs or sweet Italian sausage with marinara sauce. - $16.99
He liked his choice, but he also would have preferred angel hair pasta. Once he tasted my entrée he stated that I had the best entrée.

Billy & I ordered the Cannelloni.

This entrée was perfect (pasta, meat sauce & bechamel sauce). This was the best entrée of the night. Unfortunately we failed to take a picture of the menu and the description of this entrée is not listed on the Disboard menu list.

When time to order dessert I immediately knew I would be ordering the Pistacio Crème Brulee. By this time Dana had become a fan of crème brulee, so she ordered it as well.

Pistachio Creme Brulee - Pistachio Creme Brulee - $5.99

Billy ordered the chocolate gelato.

Assorted Gelato - Italian style ice cream. Choice of vanilla or chocolate. - $4.49

Jeff ordered the chocolate cake.

This cake was much better than the one at lunch. It was moist and the icing was rich and chocolaty, but not overly sweet. I do not have the official name of this dessert nor the description, but it was a good chocolate cake with no weird twists (Jeff likes simple desserts.)

This is a lovely restaurant with many great details (including Lady and the Tramp marking the bathroom doors.)

Our waiter Parviz from Iran was understanding and did not seem at all impatient with us for being a few minutes late. He was friendly and kept our drinks refilled. He paced our meal perfectly. We finished in time to walk across Main Street to our reserved spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Coming up...Breakfast at Cat Cora's Kouzzina's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: