Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #886
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priory View Post
Budget.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #887
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I think "Budget" us exactly the right answer. Given how Team Disney Anaheim seems to be scaling back other areas of Halloween Time (though I'm not sure if they're aware that people are noticing that they're scaling back), it's no surprise that they cannot graduate the Cavalcade to actual "parade status" just yet!

The Cavalcade is a mini-parade, so basically it is just a little bit shorter than a full-scale parade (like what Boo to You is at WDW), and it probably has fewer bells and whistles than an actual parade. Not as many floats. Less of an overall production, I suppose.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #888
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I forgot to say thank you to SueTGGR for posting those Mike W. character pumpkin pictures yesterday! Those photos were perfect examples of how the character pumpkins change from year to year and never look exactly the same. I guess the carvers have to work with what they've got, and some years they may have differently shaped or differently colored pumpkins and different accessories.

Thank you, also, to TheZue, for the wonderful photos on the previous page - I absolutely love the last picture (with the fog), and I want that Scream Team t-shirt!

Continued thanks to figment_jii for the awesome photos that are giving us all a great overview of the party and the season!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #889
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Ok folks, got the bags in today. Just for reference it is about 6 days to late.

So here's the deal, I have two 15.5" x 14" cloth bags (with no gusset) printed with below -

While not the level my wife's boss skydived with (long story) it should hold a full bag of candy. It is someones for the cost of shipping.

If you want them let me know.

BTW they did get both hidden Mickeys in it

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #890
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
In Sue's pumpkin pictures from the Carnival/Jamboree/Round-Up/Ranch, I noticed something that proves my point about a subject I brought up in the Halloween Time podcast last week. I was saying (during our call-in show) that a character pumpkin you see this year will not look like a pumpkin of that same character from last year. (I said that a Jack Skellington pumpkin this year will not look like the versions from 2011 or 2010.)

One of Sue's photos shows a Yoda pumpkin from this year - and he is totally different from the Yoda pumpkin of last year, except for the same basic facial features and ears. He's wearing a different robe, for one thing. Those carvers find new ways to make character pumpkins look different every year!
Thank you Sue for posting the photos. I hadn't heard any information if they were still doing the pumpkin carving with the new villan carnival thing so I was very excited to see your photos. I've never been at Halloween time before and that is one of the things I'm really looking forward to.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #891
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Thank you Sue for posting the photos. I hadn't heard any information if they were still doing the pumpkin carving with the new villan carnival thing so I was very excited to see your photos. I've never been at Halloween time before and that is one of the things I'm really looking forward to.
I was a little disappointed as you were not able to get to the back where they have moved the carved pumpkins during the party. Luckily this year we were able to get passes to visit DLR the day after the party. But why would you have them closed off back there. I kind of understand they didn't want to have to keep the carnival part open during the party but the carved pumpkins are so amazing they shouldn't be locked away in the back of the round-up area. If it had been last year where we were only able to go to the party itself I would have really been sad as would the rest of my family. Just saying...not sure I like the new setup back in the round up area.
I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #892
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor
I have a reservation at Cafe Orleans for 5:30 the night of October 12th. It sounds like it is really crowded around then, so what time should we get to the parks to make it on time?
Still no answers on this...any advice?

Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #893
hannah75
Earning My Ears

Someone did reply earlier - i copied it for you below

[QUOTE=Elk Grove Chris;46326517]I would give myself an hour just to be safe, but you really shouldn't have any issues. My son and I will be there right after you at 5:40. We will be in the parks in the morning to hit rides, then take an afternoon break and go change into costumes. We will probably come back in right at 4 just to grab a FP for something. It will be crowded from 4-7. We plan to hit SM and HM early in the day, those two seem to be pretty crowded during the parties.[/QUOTE
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #894
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I must have missed that, thanks for posting!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #895
imjen
DIS Veteran

Love all the pics!

Last edited by imjen; 10-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #896
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Hi all - alright, here are the last set of photos from the trip! These are the general around Disneyland ones.

A Jack-themed decoration in New Orleans Square:

The HalloweenTime banner on the light post:

And lots of pumpkins from Big Thunder Ranch. I don't know if it was because the weather was so hot last week, but more of the pumpkins this year were "etched" or painted opposed to carved. I really like the "etching" and have a feeling they last longer in the heat.

Finally, as I was walking around Big Thunder Ranch, Mickey came out and was stopping for photos with folks. He even posed for me!

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #897
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I am getting so excited for my trip!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #898
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I am getting so excited for my trip!
Me too!!!
25 days!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #899
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
Me too!!!
25 days!!!
What day is your anniversary? Dh and I are going for ours. Where are you staying?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #900
siburdue
Mouseketeer

WOW - you took some awesome photos, what kind of camera did you use, and what kind of settings? Also, do you share your photos? I dont' think my camera will be able to take photos as good as yours.

[QUOTE=figment_jii;46339521]Okay, now some photos from the 9/28/12 fireworks show! My favorite part is that Zero flies!

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: