Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #31
goeva
DIS Veteran

Hi! Everyone:
Just booked our cruise. Will be traveling with hubby and two kiddos. So excited!

Last edited by goeva; 11-21-2012 at 04:13 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan0923 View Post
Has there been an FE started for this cruise yet? We may be on this cruise (deciding this weekend) and would love to get involved with another exchange. Our first disney cruise was last DEC and we LOVED it! We have a Disney World trip planned for the week of Dec 10th and hope to add a cruise before the trip. Fingers crossed!
That would be great! I think several of us are doing this cruise in conjunction with a WDW trip. I'd definitely be game for a FE, if anybody else wants to do one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
We're such a small group, that FE's are less exciting to do... but hopefully more DIS'ers jump on to the thread as we approach and it's something we can consider!
I'm hoping more DISsers will join us now that they've posted the various *GT rates, so that an FE would be possible ... though I'm also thinking the short length of this cruise will make a small group a good thing. I'm cruising on Sunday on one of the Pixar cruises we booked less than 60 days out, and we joined the FE thinking it would be about 20 rooms or so like our first cruise ... turns out there were over 50 rooms on the FE list! Fortunately my roommate is driving distance from the port, but that's going to take awhile just to deliver. I think 10-20 rooms is a good size for an FE, so hopefully we'll end up with a larger & chattier group as we get a little closer.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Just booked our first cruise. Will be traveling with hubby and two kiddos. So excited!
Welcome aboard! And to the DIS
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
goeva
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #35
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
That would be great! I think several of us are doing this cruise in conjunction with a WDW trip. I'd definitely be game for a FE, if anybody else wants to do one.

I'm hoping more DISsers will join us now that they've posted the various *GT rates, so that an FE would be possible ... though I'm also thinking the short length of this cruise will make a small group a good thing. I'm cruising on Sunday on one of the Pixar cruises we booked less than 60 days out, and we joined the FE thinking it would be about 20 rooms or so like our first cruise ... turns out there were over 50 rooms on the FE list! Fortunately my roommate is driving distance from the port, but that's going to take awhile just to deliver. I think 10-20 rooms is a good size for an FE, so hopefully we'll end up with a larger & chattier group as we get a little closer.

If everyone decides to do a FE group, we're in! I agree that a smallish group could be a good thing for a short cruise. Either way, if we do one, we'd love to join.
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromio42 View Post
If everyone decides to do a FE group, we're in! I agree that a smallish group could be a good thing for a short cruise. Either way, if we do one, we'd love to join.
We're game too!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #37
goeva
DIS Veteran

@ taaren: If you're still looking for rental car...Here are some coupon codes for Budget Rent A Car. There are couple other local rental car companies offer less than Budget. However, after reading reviews on Yelp. I'd say it's safer to stay with more reputable companies.

Try all these code and find out the best discount for you.
And I dont' know the expiration date on any of these codes.

Entertainment Book discount: BCD Code X443047
Walmart customers discount : BCD Code W810000 or W810011
Discover Card Holder discount (Saves up to 25%) : BCD Code S232000
Spirit Air Top Picks discount: BCD Code U109700
Choice Privileges [choicehotels.com] member discount ( free to join): BCD Code Z959200

Last edited by goeva; 11-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #38
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromio42 View Post
Count me in.

Last edited by goeva; 11-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #39
goeva
DIS Veteran

Just made the reservation for snorkeling @ Nassau. Now I'm having second thought about it.

Last edited by goeva; 11-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #40
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva

Count me in.
Now I just have to figure out what's FE.
Haha

FE is the acronym for "fish extender" which is unique to DCL and is traditionally a metal fish that acts like a giant clip outside your stateroom where navigators etc. are placed.

FE's are a long standing tradition of hanging an organizer with pockets off this fish, where groups of fellow travelers leave small gifts in each pocket for your respective travel partners in your stateroom. Everyone who participates, bring gifts depending on ages etc. of others in the group, and each day you return to you cabin with treats!

Do a search for tons of great ideas. You can even find directions to make a personalized extender... Or go on ebay, thats where we got ours, years ago!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #41
goeva
DIS Veteran

Done a little research and ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
Haha

FE is the acronym for "fish extender" which is unique to DCL and is traditionally a metal fish that acts like a giant clip outside your stateroom where navigators etc. are placed.

FE's are a long standing tradition of hanging an organizer with pockets off this fish, where groups of fellow travelers leave small gifts in each pocket for your respective travel partners in your stateroom. Everyone who participates, bring gifts depending on ages etc. of others in the group, and each day you return to you cabin with treats!

Do a search for tons of great ideas. You can even find directions to make a personalized extender... Or go on ebay, thats where we got ours, years ago!
Thanks, DbleTheFun.

Last edited by goeva; 11-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #42
taaren

Thanks, goeva. I need to get into crunch-time mode on planning the car rental and doing the last few bits to get this trip together.

Just got off the Disney Wonder, went on the last Pixar cruise and can't wait to get back on board DCL ... apparently I missed the best dessert on the ship, which is the Pirate Night dessert buffet chocolate cake since DS was too tired, so hopefully they have it on the Dream!

On the bright side, I won $300 OBC for that cruise at the DVC presentation, so I got my prepaid gratuities back, all our fancy drinks and a few toys for DS, plus when I couldn't figure out what to do with the last bit of nonrefundable credit my friend suggested a Disney Gift Card, so now I have a DGC for this next cruise!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #43
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Thanks, goeva. I need to get into crunch-time mode on planning the car rental and doing the last few bits to get this trip together.

Just got off the Disney Wonder, went on the last Pixar cruise and can't wait to get back on board DCL ... apparently I missed the best dessert on the ship, which is the Pirate Night dessert buffet chocolate cake since DS was too tired, so hopefully they have it on the Dream!

On the bright side, I won $300 OBC for that cruise at the DVC presentation, so I got my prepaid gratuities back, all our fancy drinks and a few toys for DS, plus when I couldn't figure out what to do with the last bit of nonrefundable credit my friend suggested a Disney Gift Card, so now I have a DGC for this next cruise!
Thats awesome! We almost booked one of the pixar cruises as well!! I just couldnt manage my work schedule around it. Great work on the OBC!!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #44
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Well, we had to cancel before PIF date due to the new fantasyland opening and vacation date issues. Time approved and FL resident rates have now opened. Looks like we may be back on this cruise and bringing my in-laws to celebrate their 50th anniversary which is Nov 24. Here's hoping!

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #45
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post

Congratulations on your $300 OBC prize! We are DVC members and were thinking about going to that presentation.....now I really want to go!
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: