Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

An American Disney Fanatic in DLP

We visited DLP for one day in August on a recent trip to Paris. It was myself (40 yr old Disney fanatic who vists WDW 2-3 times per year), husband who also visits WDW frequently and my 13 yr old nephew who shares the Disney freak gene. We took the train from Paris early, arriving at DLP around 9am for a 10am opening. Bought tickets quickly and easily and got on line for Studios park heading straight for Crush & Gusher which we went on first. It was an awesome ride. I wish they would have built this instead of the very lame Nemo ride at WDW. We then spent time at the Toy Story section of the park and enjoyed a few rides there. This section was beautifully done. We saw Cinemagique which we all loved. Great show! We then ate lunch at the Remy themed buffet style restaurant and thought the food was great, the " show" with Remy adorable and the price reasonable for three people with wine less than 90 euro. We then went over to the Disney park and enjoyed every minute of seeing the different castle with dragon and hitting the rides to see how they compared. It was fun to do the " old" version of Pirates and Star Tours. And I loved the park's versions of Small World, the Haunted Mansion and BTM. They were GREAT.

Overall, we had an amazing day. Cast members were very nice and helpful, most other guests were fine and we didn't experience any line cutting. The parks were gorgeous and it was so cool that you could walk so easily between the two. It was an amazing day and we were so happy we got to see DLP!

To answer a question posted elsewhere, "yes". The DLP was as magical as the WDW parks in it's own way. It was visually gorgeous. New and exciting for us with some different rides & attractions. And I honestly liked a few ride versions better- it almost seemed like lessons were learned from WDW that were applied well at DLP.

Last edited by conandrob240; 10-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: