Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

The book has been a huge help! It's definitely worth the money!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
jennamarie
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I ended up buying it

Patiently waiting for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! December 2014!

jennamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #18
jennamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly

Have you booked a site visit? If you just turn up i'm pretty sure all they do is give you a brochure, and that's only if someone is there.
I was going to call them when it got a little closer and try to book some sort of appointment so I am probably going to call within the next week to get info

Old 10-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Let me know how receptive they are. I'm planning an Escape wedding and would really like to see the inside of the wedding pavillion before I make a final decision. I'm pretty sure we can just drop in on sea breeze point.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
jennamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker
Let me know how receptive they are. I'm planning an Escape wedding and would really like to see the inside of the wedding pavillion before I make a final decision. I'm pretty sure we can just drop in on sea breeze point.
WP is public too they told me.. They only do site visit and info session for wishes brides and grooms I might say I'm interested in wishes and that my date is for next year.... Then suddenly change to an escape for 2 years haha

Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennamarie View Post
WP is public too they told me.. They only do site visit and info session for wishes brides and grooms I might say I'm interested in wishes and that my date is for next year.... Then suddenly change to an escape for 2 years haha
In August my fiance and I drove over to the Wedding Pavilion to sneak a peek. We made sure to go at a time when there would be no wedding going on. They were setting up for a 2:30 pm wedding (around 1:15pm) and a planner was definitely there, she was nice and said hello but didn't tell us to leave or anything. We also passed a bride with her mom and a planner giving a tour. That planner said hi but also didn't tell us to leave. Nobody bothered us at any point. They were setting up flowers and things on the altar and once we saw that we left as not to disturb anything. But we had already had lots of time to take pictures inside.

We looked around in the Bride's Vestibule, Grooms Room, all inside the Pavilion and around back. We took pictures all over the place. It's definitely open for viewing! I didn't try to go in Frank's though because I was short on time.

If it's any consolation I had a lot of doubts about not having seen the place for myself on the inside either. We oohed and ahhed over the outside.

But when we opened the doors to the main pavilion we both gasped, looked at each other and said simultaneously, instantly, "We're getting married here!" It was an amazing feeling.

Hope that helps
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
jennamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122

In August my fiance and I drove over to the Wedding Pavilion to sneak a peek. We made sure to go at a time when there would be no wedding going on. They were setting up for a 2:30 pm wedding (around 1:15pm) and a planner was definitely there, she was nice and said hello but didn't tell us to leave or anything. We also passed a bride with her mom and a planner giving a tour. That planner said hi but also didn't tell us to leave. Nobody bothered us at any point. They were setting up flowers and things on the altar and once we saw that we left as not to disturb anything. But we had already had lots of time to take pictures inside.

We looked around in the Bride's Vestibule, Grooms Room, all inside the Pavilion and around back. We took pictures all over the place. It's definitely open for viewing! I didn't try to go in Frank's though because I was short on time.

If it's any consolation I had a lot of doubts about not having seen the place for myself on the inside either. We oohed and ahhed over the outside.

But when we opened the doors to the main pavilion we both gasped, looked at each other and said simultaneously, instantly, "We're getting married here!" It was an amazing feeling.

Hope that helps
That definitely helps and makes me excited yay I still don't get why they don't do info sessions for escape brides and grooms but oh well! I know it would be far out but I'm a planner and like to talk to people and get all of my ducks in a row lol

We will definitely be going to look at it regardless!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #23
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I'm guessing that they are too busy with the Wishes Brides? I don't know why they won't do the session, I also think it's a little unfair. I mean, I'm asking my planner person a million and one questions and she's answering them so I'm not getting the blow off at all like some other gals have reported.

I originally started asking in Nov 2010!! And then stuff happened... and now we're here and I'm looking at next year. Luckily all the info she gave me then, which was a lot, is all mostly still the same, just the pricing is different.

But I think if they did planning sessions with all the Brides they would be very overwhelmed. Still, we are spending *thousands* of dollars so I don't know why once we are booked we can't get a session too. I see both sides. But I want a cake testing too!!

I am also a planner. And while this is my second wedding and I'm cool with a lot of things like date and time and favors and what room I am in and all that other stuff Brides sometimes get a little crazy over (Hey, I did it my first time out too, believe me!!) I would like to know what food I am feeding people. When I say cool I mean, for me, not every minute of every day obsessed. Then again I have been reading and planning this thing for the last two years But I know what you mean about planning. There is so much to do you don't want to be making a million decisions at one time and let's face it, it's fun to plan!

Definitely stop by. It's well worth a visit. We weren't sure we were going to go down there before next year and our wedding trip but we squeezed out the funds to go with a friend and finding that money to go was worth it just to see the Pavilion!! It gave us such a piece of mind. We were also looking at Canada because we thought that would be really special and only looking at the Pavilion for stuff like "it might be hot, it might rain" but once we saw it... it's true what everyone says about it.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: