Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #466
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

Wow, this thread is quiet.

BY THIS TIME NEXT WEEK WE'LL BE ONBOARD!!!

I'll just assume it's so quiet here because everyone is busy packing
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #467
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

I'm in serious trouble!
I keep throwing stuff at my luggage, but it refuses to pack itself!!!

Not only that- but my Kindle is starting to get a bit 'glitchy', and DH MADE me order another so that I wouldn't appropriate his in a panic.....

Only 5 working days to go, and I'll be demonstrating in the Crowne Plaza's lobby if we don't have our complimentary shuttle to the port in 1 WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #468
happygeekgirl
Earning My Ears

Finally Free to Be Excited

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, extremely disappointed that I didn't have the chance to browse all of your lovely posts before this week and learn about the FEs and etc... so right up my alley and would have been so much fun! This is my first Disney Cruise for me, my boyfriend, and the family. I couldn't go cruise crazy until now because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past Friday that was a combo bridezilla/monster-in-law episode, took a lot to get through so I'm so excited to have this to look forward to... but now I can't eat, can't sleep, and can't concentrate on work because I am getting so excited! If only I could channel the energy into packing! We have a 4 year-old niece and 12 year-old step-sister in our group so I'm bummed that I couldn't get them into the FEs so I am going to just do my own secret FEs with the girls... will be fun for me (and hopefully for them)! Thank you for the ideas and excitement! Can't wait! Whee!

DJ
happygeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #469
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygeekgirl View Post
Just wanted to say hi to everyone, extremely disappointed that I didn't have the chance to browse all of your lovely posts before this week and learn about the FEs and etc... so right up my alley and would have been so much fun! This is my first Disney Cruise for me, my boyfriend, and the family. I couldn't go cruise crazy until now because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past Friday that was a combo bridezilla/monster-in-law episode, took a lot to get through so I'm so excited to have this to look forward to... but now I can't eat, can't sleep, and can't concentrate on work because I am getting so excited! If only I could channel the energy into packing! We have a 4 year-old niece and 12 year-old step-sister in our group so I'm bummed that I couldn't get them into the FEs so I am going to just do my own secret FEs with the girls... will be fun for me (and hopefully for them)! Thank you for the ideas and excitement! Can't wait! Whee!

DJ
Welcome - I am sure you will have a wonderful trip.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #470
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

Quote:

DJ
Welcome to our group....whether in the beginning or the 11th hour...your are welcome. Come to our get together at 3pm on the first day in the promenade lounge....The girls will have lots of fun and so will you...just remember to breath!!!
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #471
jerkymom
Earning My Ears

Free Children's Admission w/adult paid at Sea World

Can't believe that our cruise is in four days!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a children's Sea World admission is free with a paid one-day adult admission at Sea World for the month of October. The details can be found if you google Sea World San Diego and look for tickets. I would have posted the link if it was possible here.

The San Diego Zoo is also free for all children during the month of October no matter if accompanied by a paying adult or not (I think this was already mentioned), both attractions are very accessible by taxi, and quite a bit less expensive than a ship's shore excursion. Sorry if this was already mentioned, lots of pages to go through and we just booked.

Hope this helps,

Denise
jerkymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #472
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkymom View Post
Can't believe that our cruise is in four days!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a children's Sea World admission is free with a paid one-day adult admission at Sea World for the month of October. The details can be found if you google Sea World San Diego and look for tickets. I would have posted the link if it was possible here.

The San Diego Zoo is also free for all children during the month of October no matter if accompanied by a paying adult or not (I think this was already mentioned), both attractions are very accessible by taxi, and quite a bit less expensive than a ship's shore excursion. Sorry if this was already mentioned, lots of pages to go through and we just booked.

Hope this helps,

Denise
Thanks Denise. Just to clarify, the admission is free at the Zoo for 11 and younger. They do need to pay for the bus tours and skyfari (ask for the $10 ticket at any ticket window - then they get unlimited access instead of paying for each one as you go which adds up quickly)
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #473
deann
Disneyland too many times to count!!! and many more still to come
Disney Adventurer

Woohoo!!! Last work day before cruise. It's almost here! Now I just need to finish packing! lol So excited!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #474
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

You all are going to have a wonderful time. I'm on the Wonder now in San Diego. The weather has been perfect! The ship is beautiful and the staff is fantastic! I'm sad this week is flying by so fast, but all good things must come to an end......
I'm sure you will all be happy to see the Wonder in San Pedro Sunday.

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #475
RaglanRoad
So Cal Girl

Finally done with my last day of work before the cruise. Now just some laundry along with packing and then off to the ship on Sunday. I cant wait!!!

http://www.dis-n-that.com

Disney Wonder, Disney Magic, Disney Dream, WDW Beach Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Disneyland Annual Pass
RaglanRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #476
*Flower*

We're still trying to convince the luggage to pack themselves, but it's not working!
However- we have our boarding passes for the flights tomorrow, and are hoping that we can meet up with some of our family while we're out there.

I had more surgery last week, so I'm hoping that all of my repaired parts make it through the plane ride without major issues.

Keep your fingers crossed- I'm REALLY looking forward to my first FAB of the cruise on Sunday!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #478
minniemoms
There's no place like Disney

YEA, it is HERE!!!!! Wish I didn't have this WEDDING to photograph today before I leave, HOWEVER, the wedding paid for the trip, so I won't complain, I just want to get there NOW

minniemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #479
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:

DJ
Welcome! So glad you are joining us. Looking forward to meeting you!
Official Member of the Club!
A Litle Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #480
*Flower*

Well, here we are at the Crowne Plaza- repacking luggage and up extra early because we're still on East Coast time!
Still have to put the DCL luggage tags on our bags to be checked, and all the other good stuff.

Looking forward to the meet in the Promenade Lounge!!

See you there-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: