Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #646
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I've never been to the Animation Building either! Weird right?? I'd love to go, though! It looks like tons of fun!

I'm not a lefty, but I have like 5 friends from high school who are, and I know they always have such a hard time in math class when we had to draw graphs with pencils! I really shouldn't laugh because I don't know what it's like, but they were just too funny!

YUM cupcake!!!!! Those other treats look delcious as well!!!
You really should! It's a really cool place. It's almost like a hidden gem, even though it's not really hidden. I don't know.

Oh my gosh, seriously. It's the worst. Actually, the WORST is trying to write on a dry-erase board! You have to hold the marker in a weird way so you won't erase what you just wrote with your hand, but then it looks bad because you're holding the marker a weird way... ugh, lefty problems.

It was good! Nothing beats my lovely Contempo cupcake though! We all enjoyed our treats!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #647
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

When we did the drawing class, we drew Stitch. My turned out to look like a scary troll! I think Kadence's looked better than mine! Us rightys have our problems too!It was fun, and I'd do it again.

Don't knock the carrot cake! I LOVE carrot cake, it was my wedding cake flavor! But then again, marble and red velvet are equally yum!

I love all the details everywhere in Disney!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #648
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'd love to do the drawing class, but I can't draw either. I'd probably 'forget' to take a photo of my drawing for the TR. My little brother is left handed, and actually a really good artist, and he's spent his life with dark pencil smudges all over the side of his hand.

I love that Jacob was so excited to see the characters! Every time we've been i the animation building we've seen Sorcerer Mickey and Pooh. No one else. I would have been so excited to see the Incredibles!

Using Stop # 11 on another trip perhaps? Spill it. I can't handle the suspense.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #649
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in DHS!

I'm with you on the whole carrot cake thing, I do like me some carrot cake, but the marble cupcake sounds so much better!

I'm guessing the answer is Pluto lol

Ooh suspense, spill please!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #650
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
When we did the drawing class, we drew Stitch. My turned out to look like a scary troll! I think Kadence's looked better than mine! Us rightys have our problems too!It was fun, and I'd do it again.

Don't knock the carrot cake! I LOVE carrot cake, it was my wedding cake flavor! But then again, marble and red velvet are equally yum!

I love all the details everywhere in Disney!
Hahah I'm sure it wasn't that bad! I think we should both try to redeem ourselves with another drawing class.

Ahh I'm sorry! I've just never liked it, but believe me, I've attempted! Cake in general is just the best... ahhhhhh.

Me too! They make it that much more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'd love to do the drawing class, but I can't draw either. I'd probably 'forget' to take a photo of my drawing for the TR. My little brother is left handed, and actually a really good artist, and he's spent his life with dark pencil smudges all over the side of his hand.

I love that Jacob was so excited to see the characters! Every time we've been i the animation building we've seen Sorcerer Mickey and Pooh. No one else. I would have been so excited to see the Incredibles!

Using Stop # 11 on another trip perhaps? Spill it. I can't handle the suspense.
You should! See, I used to be able to. I'm slightly bitter I guess haha. Your brother is awesome then! Those pencil smudges, I tell ya... they're super annoying.

He loves his Disney friends! Aw, well if you go to the drawing class you'll probably see them! As far as I remember, they were right there next to it, with Mickey and Pooh below. AND, I'm pretty sure Pooh is gone now because Wreck-it Ralph is going to be there now!

Okay, so I probably shouldn't have even said that because I promise, there is unfortunately nothing to spill. There have just been conversations had, that's it. I just really like getting my hopes up apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Sounds like you had a lot of fun in DHS!

I'm with you on the whole carrot cake thing, I do like me some carrot cake, but the marble cupcake sounds so much better!

I'm guessing the answer is Pluto lol

Ooh suspense, spill please!
Definitely!!

I just can't make myself like it! I don't know why. Oh well. Jacob was definitely bummed about that, but at least he enjoyed his eclair.

It wasn't Pluto! It's pretty tricky!

I would if there was anything to spill! I actually had to go back and edit that because it was misleading, I'm sorry!

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #651
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

From one lefty to another, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I had the hardest time learning how NOT to drag my hand across the paper in school!

But look at it this way: if the left hand controls the right side of the brain, then leftys are the only people in their right mind!

Get it???

I can't wait for the cupcake crawl I have planned for our trip (in FOUR days!). I actually like carrot cake, but I wouldn't waste a Disney cupcake choice on a carrot cake cupcake!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #652
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I always go into the Animation Building because I love meeting Sorcerer Mickey, but I've never done the drawing class! I'm quite possibly the worst artist ever, and even though it's just for fun, I like to not feel like a Disney failure. That said, your Sorcerer Mickey is WAAAAAY better than anything I could do!

Oh man, everything from Starring Rolls looks so good! That's sad about the marble cupcake though.

Also, I love all of your seemingly random pictures of miscellaneous (or should I say mouse-cellaneous? ) pictures of things around Disney. They're things I notice when I'm there, but I forget about when I go home. You notice everything!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #653
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

DH and I did the Animation Academy drawing class once. We drew Bolt, who is not one of my favorites. I love the movie but I was really hoping to draw a princess so next time we go I think I'm going to request it!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #654
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
From one lefty to another, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I had the hardest time learning how NOT to drag my hand across the paper in school!

But look at it this way: if the left hand controls the right side of the brain, then leftys are the only people in their right mind!

Get it???

I can't wait for the cupcake crawl I have planned for our trip (in FOUR days!). I actually like carrot cake, but I wouldn't waste a Disney cupcake choice on a carrot cake cupcake!
YAY, another lefty! Clearly, we're the best. Hahha I still do it, unfortunately. Any other way is really uncomfortable for me when it comes to holding the pen.

Hahha yes! Perfect!!!

That is going to be fantastic! Yeah, I don't blame you! Remember: CONTEMPO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I always go into the Animation Building because I love meeting Sorcerer Mickey, but I've never done the drawing class! I'm quite possibly the worst artist ever, and even though it's just for fun, I like to not feel like a Disney failure. That said, your Sorcerer Mickey is WAAAAAY better than anything I could do!

Oh man, everything from Starring Rolls looks so good! That's sad about the marble cupcake though.

Also, I love all of your seemingly random pictures of miscellaneous (or should I say mouse-cellaneous? ) pictures of things around Disney. They're things I notice when I'm there, but I forget about when I go home. You notice everything!
You should definitely try it out some day! I totally get it, I wanted my Mickey to be perfect! Haha thank you, but you never know! If you follow the directions closely, yours could be great as well.

It was really good! I know, I felt bad for him! He really enjoyed his eclair though, and it was a new thing for him, so he was satisfied.

Aww thank you! Yeah, I've always been really observant and I like to remember everything about it! That way I can pretend I'm there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
DH and I did the Animation Academy drawing class once. We drew Bolt, who is not one of my favorites. I love the movie but I was really hoping to draw a princess so next time we go I think I'm going to request it!
Wow, Bolt? That seems random! The movie is good, but it never got to be as popular as a lot of the other movies, so it's surprising to me that yall drew him. Was it around the time of his movie? Usually I don't hear of people drawing princesses, but I'd love to draw one of them! That would be awesome. You should definitely put a request in!

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #655
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

"Brave (love), Tangled Ever After (adore), Wreck-it Ralph (can’t wait for), and Monsters University! Could that wall BE any more awesome? I think not."

Chandler Bing, much?! Hahaha!

I have heard so much about the animation studios, but I never seem to find time to go in. Plus, I didn't know that they had character meet and greet's either... Bad DIS-er, bad!!! Guess I need to take care of that on this next trip!

I'm going to guess Donald for Sorcerer's Apprentice, but I feel like I could be wrong...

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #656
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
"Brave (love), Tangled Ever After (adore), Wreck-it Ralph (can’t wait for), and Monsters University! Could that wall BE any more awesome? I think not."

Chandler Bing, much?! Hahaha!

I have heard so much about the animation studios, but I never seem to find time to go in. Plus, I didn't know that they had character meet and greet's either... Bad DIS-er, bad!!! Guess I need to take care of that on this next trip!

I'm going to guess Donald for Sorcerer's Apprentice, but I feel like I could be wrong...
Yes! Hahah Chandler Bing is the best ever.

Well goodness, you should go check it out on your trip! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the stuff there and I didn't even see the whole thing!

I thought the answer was Donald at first, too. But no.

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #657
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

At least your Sorcerer Mickey actually resembles him, I'm sure mine would end up looking like a toad or something. I seriously can't draw for my life!!

Oh my God that cupcake. I can't believe I will be there in 17 days!! I have to disagree on the toffee, I think it makes the cupcake practically perfect in every way! But I really wanna try the ones at Contempo too. So many cupcakes, so little time.

Those soda machines are one of my favorite little details of Disney. It's just one of those things I've always loved. Hollywood Studios is so perfect.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #658
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
At least your Sorcerer Mickey actually resembles him, I'm sure mine would end up looking like a toad or something. I seriously can't draw for my life!!

Oh my God that cupcake. I can't believe I will be there in 17 days!! I have to disagree on the toffee, I think it makes the cupcake practically perfect in every way! But I really wanna try the ones at Contempo too. So many cupcakes, so little time.

Those soda machines are one of my favorite little details of Disney. It's just one of those things I've always loved. Hollywood Studios is so perfect.
Hahah well, maybe you'll get to draw him and then you can prove yourself wrong.

It was so good! Aw, that's okay. It was my first time having toffee (I know, right?) and I guess I'm just not a fan! I didn't pick it off though, don't worry. I hope you make it over to CR because oh my goodness. OH MY GOODNESS.

I agree! I mean, usually people don't refer to soda machines as 'cute.' It's one of the millions of things I love about Disney.

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #660
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Okay, when I tweeted to you last night, I was half way through, just caught up and now I have the Muppet Babies theme song stuck in my head!! hahahaha!!! Loved that show...

The Contemporary looks amazing!! Thanks for all the pics! LOVE that you can see Magic Kingdom so well from your room. That would make for an awesome trip.

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time in August and I totally agree with your review. It was sooo goood. Not sure if we will eat there again next year, but I will miss it if we don't. Delish.

I think I ate six different cupcakes when we were there, but I will have to try the ones at the Contemporary. Oddly enough, one of the best ones I had was a Cappucino cupcake at Pizza Planet at DHS!! They were sold out of Butterfinger cupcakes at Starring Rolls, so we did have the red Velvet. It was good.

Can't wait to read more!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: