Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

What Goes? What Comes?

Just for fun...

What WDW or DL attraction should go?

What kind of attraction would you like to see come to the parks? Why?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I'd love to see American Idol go...don't understand why it was brought in to begin with... and Backlot Tour, it is just a shell of what it once was. DHS needs more rides, I would love, love to see that Monsters Inc Rollercoaster...love to see the Pixar area expanded with that and something for the Incredibles ... they deserve it ... I love DHS, but it's show heavy and needs a couple more family rides to go with Toy Story Mania.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't mind seeing The Tomorrowland Speedway go away. It's too loud and smelly. And not that I'd put it in that location, but I wish Aladdin had a better representation than The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. The Cave of Wonders could be a great inspiration for a dark ride.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Most of the studios

We spend the least amount of time at the studios - get rid of backlot tour, that stupid stunt car show and Indiana Jones. Is Beauty and the Beast still running? Great show but its time to do something else there.

Keep Star Tours, ToT, R'n'RC and Fantasmic... I love the idea of more Pixar stuff here, it just fits! The could do a dark ride with Ratatouille, something exciting with the Incredibles, they have to be able to do something sweet with Up or Wall-E, they are fab movies.

I haven't seen American Idol - never seen the show, can't stand the thought of watching it, so will be skipping that on our next trip most likely.

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

We really love DHS but have to agree this park needs the most help.
Two words....Cars Land!! Or is that one word...either way THAT would be awesome!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
DisneyDaddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
thelundypride
Making Magic Happen Everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
We spend the least amount of time at the studios - get rid of backlot tour, that stupid stunt car show and Indiana Jones. Is Beauty and the Beast still running? Great show but its time to do something else there.
I actually think both the Indiana Jones and stunt show are great. They are more heavily themed to appeal to boys rather than girls, which is somewhat of a rarity in the parks.

Also, though I do love the backlot tour, I agree that its time for an update. Possibly tweek the tour to incorporate a Cars theme? Such as the vehicle becoming a Cars-esque character or one of the Disney character actually GIVING the tour.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
jcarter29
DIS Veteran

Should I stay or should i go now...

Carousel of Progress should go. Yep...I said it. Put your angry face away.

I'd love to have something devoted to Mary Poppins...ride? show? character meal? anything! I also want a dedicated Villains character meal if I can't have an entire section of one of the parks dedicated to villains.

Try not to get too angry over my COP suggestion.

Kim
jcarter29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
awoogala
Mouseketeer

I want to see stitch's great escape go..
I want to see a Nightmare before Xmas ride! We keep seeing them try to drag in other things non-Disney(attempt at HP, now avatar) I want to see them bring in Nightmare, an ignored Disney property!

Actually, I'd be happy with a monsters inc ride, too. Anything...more Disney, more rides. I like shows, but I am getting tired of new construction just being more meet and greets and restaurants! (fantasyland expansion?) More rides! :-)
Incredibles! Yes! Where is Wall-e? Up? Amazing movies and nothing is being done with them. We don't all obsess over princesses!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
jcarter29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoogala View Post
I want to see stitch's great escape go..
I want to see a Nightmare before Xmas ride! We keep seeing them try to drag in other things non-Disney(attempt at HP, now avatar) I want to see them bring in Nightmare, an ignored Disney property!

Actually, I'd be happy with a monsters inc ride, too. Anything...more Disney, more rides. I like shows, but I am getting tired of new construction just being more meet and greets and restaurants! (fantasyland expansion?) More rides! :-)
Incredibles! Yes! Where is Wall-e? Up? Amazing movies and nothing is being done with them. We don't all obsess over princesses!
YES! I love all of your suggestions. Stitch's "great" escape is so lame that I literally forget all about it. I remember disliking it when I rode it as a CP to "test" Alien Encounter in 1995. It only got worse when it changed to Stitch. Wall-e would be great to add to Epcot in some way. Monsters Inc and Incredibles have long been rumored to be moving into Pixar Place as it expands (not sure if this is now a WHEN or IF).

Kim
jcarter29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
SA mom
DIS Veteran

I was glad to see Snow White go. I didn't like it when I was 5 and I didn't like it when I was 18 and I didn't like it when I was 40.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

WDW: Stitch. Ugh.
DL: I would scrap California Adventure and start over. We were bored out of our minds, went on Soarin' and went back to Disneyland.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Would love to see an attraction, VR, something based on the Grid in Tron. Either legacy, the original, or a mishmash.

The queue could be Flynn's arcade...with working games. Then you enter through that arcade machine/door.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarter29
Carousel of Progress should go. Yep...I said it. Put your angry face away.

I'd love to have something devoted to Mary Poppins...ride? show? character meal? anything! I also want a dedicated Villains character meal if I can't have an entire section of one of the parks dedicated to villains.

Try not to get too angry over my COP suggestion.

Kim
Yes, a villains meal is brilliant!

Maybe a shady looking meet & greet area? Devoted to villains?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
SA mom
DIS Veteran

I would like to experience a Peter Pan character meal.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
rrich172
Earning My Ears

rrich172 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: