Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #916
skitt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly duckling View Post
Does anyone know... If I apply (and am approved) for the Visa right now, can I take advantage of the promo?

I think it takes 7-10 days for the actual card to come in the mail but by then the public discount will be available and I fear all the good rooms will be gone.
You have to wait. It makes no sense to me either, think of all the people who would be signing up for the card right now if that weren't the case! Don't they want more card holders?
skitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #917
SL30
Earning My Ears

I had to tell them the code over and over for P/S/D and they still kept giving me RO, but finally after I said I thought the discount should be much more than I was quoted did she finally listen and plug in the right code....so if you didnt get a big discount, call back and make sure you give them the code!
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #918
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitt View Post
You have to wait. It makes no sense to me either, think of all the people who would be signing up for the card right now if that weren't the case! Don't they want more card holders?
Haha. Then I totally just scammed it because I got it!

Here's what I did:
  • Logged in to my existing January package reservation online
  • Clicked on the "apply" ad for the Disney Visa
  • Applied and was instantly approved
  • If you're instantly approved, you can book / pay for a reservation for WDW even without the card in hand so...
  • I went back in to my reservation and clicked to make a payment toward my balance
  • Made sure to select the new Disney Visa as my payment method
  • I made a $200 payment (essentially re-making the deposit)
  • Called in, the CM could see the $200 payment on the Disney Visa and was able to apply the promo
  • Woo hoo!

I had to switch from POFQ to POR and do a Royal room, but still saved over $400 for our 6 night stay (we also have DxDDP and parkhoppers.)

I can't believe it worked!
snuggly duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #919
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here's what I did:
  • If you're instantly approved, you can book / pay for a reservation for WDW even without the card in hand so...
  • I went back in to my reservation and clicked to make a payment toward my balance
  • Called in, the CM could see the $200 payment on the Disney Visa and was able to apply the promo
  • Woo hoo!

I had to switch from POFQ to POR and do a Royal room, but still saved over $400 for our 6 night stay (we also have DxDDP and parkhoppers.)

Good work! I wonder how many apps they will get now?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #920
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL30 View Post
I had to tell them the code over and over for P/S/D and they still kept giving me RO, but finally after I said I thought the discount should be much more than I was quoted did she finally listen and plug in the right code....so if you didnt get a big discount, call back and make sure you give them the code!
I'm glad everyone is posting this. I booked the RO discount this morning at Poly 4 nights 4 day PH for me, DH, DS(10), DS(10) and DS(5). The total was 2932.84 saving us about $750. Then I started seeing the P/S/D and called to see what the rate difference was and CM said total would be 3890.92 with dining. I specifically asked if that was the correct rate for the P/S/D with the visa discount and he said yes. That is almost $1000 dollars for us to eat for 4 days. I didn't think that was right and just kept my RO discount. I guess I'll try to get a different quote again tomorrow !
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #921
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Was POFQ excluded from the offer?
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #922
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here's what I did:
  • Woo hoo!

Thank you! It worked for me too! I am on hold with Disney now trying to apply it. Remember to be logged in before you apply.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #923
keta123
Earning My Ears

Split Stay = No Discount

I just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a CM (Diamond). She was very helpful. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we are arriving 12/31. The discount starts on stays starting 1/2. She tried to "split stay" our reservation but it was going to cost more and be more hassle. We are staying at AOA in LM room. However, if a free dining (fingers crossed) comes out soon I will be happy to move to a different resort. Does anyone know about splitting only the FD. i.e. if we arrive on 12/31...can our free dining kick in on 1/2 for the rest of our stay? Thanks for the help.
keta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #924
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I don't know... it seems others are getting the deal at POFQ. I didn't even try. We are traveling with another family and they called earlier to apply the promo. The CM they spoke with said no-go on FQ so they moved over to POR. Since they moved over there, we wanted to as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #925
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
Thank you! It worked for me too! I am on hold with Disney now trying to apply it. Remember to be logged in before you apply.
Glad to be of service!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #926
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

We got about $800 of Wilderness Lodge for late January-early February. 8 nights, 9 days, deluxe dining (1 ts, 1qs, 1snack), standard room. Total cost came to $4183. I figured if free dining comes out, I will save about another $300.

Thanks for the tip about applying online for disney VISA and applying the $200 payment online right away. I was shocked it worked. She did ask me for the credit card # for verification and since I did not have it, she had to talk to a manager for approval. He/she said it was fine since I had to log into my account to do it.

Thanks everyone!
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #927
WeLuvTink!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
POFQ is included! Just booked it 1/2-1/12.
June 1981 - Fort Wilderness/RV, December 1983 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, Christmas 1984 - Fort Wilderness/RV, March 1989 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, February 1991 - Off Site, March 1992 - Off Site, May 1994 - Off Site, December 1995 - Dixie Landings, March 1997 -(Disneyland) Offsite, May 2003 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, November 2003 - Off Site/Vacation Home, August 2006 - All Star Sports, September 2007 - Pop Century, May 2008 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2008 - All Star Music, August 2009 - All Star Movies, September 2010- Port Orleans Riverside, March 2011 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2011 - Carribean Beach, January 2013 - Art of Animation & Port Orleans French Quarter
WeLuvTink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #928
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

Today's 35% off just saved our two room, 6 adult group $3000 at the Poly for the first week of February. If they eventually come out with FD, we will save another $500 by giving up the room discount on one room with 4 adults and taking FD on that room.
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #929
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvTink! View Post
POFQ is included! Just booked it 1/2-1/12.
Nice!! How much did you save?? I can't believe I have to wait another 6 days!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #930
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Wow! It seems like a pretty good offer!! Maybe not as good as FD, but almost? You folks are saving a lot of money :D

Uhh... Can't wait untill the 10th I'm afraid all the rooms will be gone!... Haha

Just thinking about how I'm going to do this!? I'm arriving 12/31 and have a reservation at AOA LM rooms. So I think that if I can, I will change that LM package to a RO and stay 12/31-01/02 and reserve a package at either POP, ASMo or PORFQ for 5 nights, 6 days base tickets, and thinking of the regular dining plan

Wee... Can't wait! Just wondering - will the offer be avalible for booking online 10/10?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: