Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
Have you spoken to your concierge team yet? I know they keep 2 on hold (or so I have been told). I would talk to them. DH and I have only done concierge once, and we upgraded at the port, and it was the Canadian so no Castaway Cay for us on that trip. Talk to your team.
Nah, I'm still a year out, lol. If I dont get one at midnight at the right time, I will call them then
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
jennandcompany
Mouseketeer

We booked our cruise about three 3 weeks in advance. We sailed 9/14/12 in a 1 br suite. We were offered a cabana if we were interested. Believe me, I am a big fan of nice perks. We decided to not do the cabana since we spend most of our time in the water. Guess what, we spent most of the day in the water and didn't miss not having a cabana. There was sooooo many loungers and plenty of umbrellas. We actually heard cabana guest complain that they should have sent the money on other things.
There is plenty of beach and plenty of water to go round. I actually second guessed myself about not choosing a cabana prior to the cruise after reading the posts here. People are cabana crazy..... You wait up all night for your chance to get one. So, I said maybe I should change my mind. Glad I didn't. We had a blast at CC !!
jennandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #33
jennandcompany
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau
May I ask what other things you utilized a butler for (other than packing/unpacking)? Do they do your ironing and laundry? THAT would be worth it to me! We had a butler at an all inclusive in Mexico, and didn't know what to utilize him for!!! The best we could come up with is a bucket of Coronas with interestingly displayed limes. Hubby ate all the caviar on the fancy lunch buffet, not knowing what it was... they didn't put it out the rest of our stay.
We had a ship mobile phone with a special line to our butler. Anything that we needed, any place on the ship, we could call and Das would arrive with our request. We tried not to abuse this awesome service, but with three kids we did utilize the service. We did use him to press our clothes. I do believe he sent it out, but it was ready in three hours.

Our butler delivered our hot breakfast every morning. He made use gourmet coffees and catered to the kids needs.

Ncl also opens the high end restaurant (Cagneys) for breakfast and lunch for suite guests only. So, if we did not eat in our suite, we ate there. Nothing like filet mignon and eggs with a bloody Mary.

Ncl has figured out the suite perks.... Disney take note.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #34
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Celebrity has a special restaurant, concierge only.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Nah, I'm still a year out, lol. If I dont get one at midnight at the right time, I will call them then
No, the point of them is to call them before hand. They will make the bookings for you. That is their job. If you are in one of The Royals I am sure they can secure this for you so you don't have to get up at midnight. Don't wait...before you get to the window and they contact you, ask them. Good luck and enjoy!
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #36
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

Hi,

This is just my opinion but...
I went on my first cruise last year in a perfectly nice, normal, cabin with verandah. There were only 2 of us and our cabin felt just right. I never found myself at Guest Services - I just called them from my room or phone when I needed something. But as most things had been set up online I did not really need them. Getting my DD signed up at the kids club was also no big deal. I had signed her up ahead of time online and just went over with her the first time to get her wrist band. Having a character show up might be nice, and there were often long lines for autographs in the main atrium, but we bumped into characters all over the ship and so never waited in those lines. I did have to pay to get some laundry done but the prices were less than in NYC so that was OK. Our room steward was great as was room service. It wasn't MDR food but that was Ok.

I think Concierge sounds very nice especially if money is not really a constraint or you have a big group or you cannot stand to be cabana less. But otherwise for a first cruise I would just spring for a nice cabin with a verandah.

If I were on a romantic cruise with another adult and no kids it could be fun too. But at age 8 my DD would not appreciate the luxuries and I would spend all my time at the Aquaduck anyway.

Why start out at the luxurious top? People take DCL after DCL and never try concierge. Clearly they are all having a blast anyway.

Besides, it will give you something a little different to try if you go in a second DCL cruise!
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, the point of them is to call them before hand. They will make the bookings for you. That is their job. If you are in one of The Royals I am sure they can secure this for you so you don't have to get up at midnight. Don't wait...before you get to the window and they contact you, ask them. Good luck and enjoy!
Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. I just assumed I wouldn't be speaking with them until right before the cruise. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #38
jennandcompany
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrush
Hi,

This is just my opinion but...
I went on my first cruise last year in a perfectly nice, normal, cabin with verandah. There were only 2 of us and our cabin felt just right. I never found myself at Guest Services - I just called them from my room or phone when I needed something. But as most things had been set up online I did not really need them. Getting my DD signed up at the kids club was also no big deal. I had signed her up ahead of time online and just went over with her the first time to get her wrist band. Having a character show up might be nice, and there were often long lines for autographs in the main atrium, but we bumped into characters all over the ship and so never waited in those lines. I did have to pay to get some laundry done but the prices were less than in NYC so that was OK. Our room steward was great as was room service. It wasn't MDR food but that was Ok.

I think Concierge sounds very nice especially if money is not really a constraint or you have a big group or you cannot stand to be cabana less. But otherwise for a first cruise I would just spring for a nice cabin with a verandah.

If I were on a romantic cruise with another adult and no kids it could be fun too. But at age 8 my DD would not appreciate the luxuries and I would spend all my time at the Aquaduck anyway.

Why start out at the luxurious top? People take DCL after DCL and never try concierge. Clearly they are all having a blast anyway.

Besides, it will give you something a little different to try if you go in a second DCL cruise!
Amen. And that is from the guy who spent 15k for a concierge suite. Next cruise..... Family stateroom with Verandah!!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #39
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post

We sailed this past August on the Dream and Shutters did not bring our pictures to either our room or the Concierge lounge. Does this happen on the other ships?
There is an issue between Shutters systems and DCL systems that was causing problems with concierge guests being able to view and order their photos from the concierge lounge. So, until that issue is fixed, concierge guests need to go to the regular Shutters areas to take care of their photos.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #40
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
The butler service was from another cruise line and the poster wanted to know what else was provided by the butler on the other line.
I apologize. I missed the previous comment.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #41
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennandcompany View Post
We had a ship mobile phone with a special line to our butler. Anything that we needed, any place on the ship, we could call and Das would arrive with our request. We tried not to abuse this awesome service, but with three kids we did utilize the service. We did use him to press our clothes. I do believe he sent it out, but it was ready in three hours.

Our butler delivered our hot breakfast every morning. He made use gourmet coffees and catered to the kids needs.

Ncl also opens the high end restaurant (Cagneys) for breakfast and lunch for suite guests only. So, if we did not eat in our suite, we ate there. Nothing like filet mignon and eggs with a bloody Mary.

Ncl has figured out the suite perks.... Disney take note.

i wish i could have taken my mom and sister on NCL!! it wasn't available for when, where and how long we were able to cruise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLowe View Post
There is an issue between Shutters systems and DCL systems that was causing problems with concierge guests being able to view and order their photos from the concierge lounge. So, until that issue is fixed, concierge guests need to go to the regular Shutters areas to take care of their photos.
are you kidding me? that's one of their big selling points for conceirge!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #42
Laila Bryce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom

Not true, we were told by shoreside due to the rush on cabanas that normally when they come in at 830 the cabanas are gone and to do it ourselves.
Laila Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #43
Laila Bryce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. I just assumed I wouldn't be speaking with them until right before the cruise. Thanks!
You should get a call and emails from shoreside right before your 120 day mark.
Laila Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #44
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

I was just reading about the $400 CD + printed pictures package at Shutters on another thread. Someone posted that "You need to keep up with this during the cruise to make sure you get all the pictures both in your folder and on the CD." Is this something that the concierge would help with on the classic ships? Thanks in advance!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
Our photos were in the lounge. They are in binders next to the concierge desk.
We also viewed our photos in the lounge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLowe View Post
So, this is a recent and current issue? Ugh! This feature was available last June.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: