Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
bmalina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
4 days minimum. Are you staying onsite or offsite? What other parks do you plan on doing? Any kids? How old?

Congrats on finally making the trip to Disneyland. It is amazing. We were WDW vets who finally went in 2007 and now we've been as many times to Disneyland as we have to WDW. We have made 8 trips to each. We love Disneyland so much.

Feel free to keep asking questions. Everyone here is very friendly!

Congrats again Brian!
Hi Mike, we haven't booked a hotel yet, but I anticipate we would stay onsite. (It's our 1st time so I'd like to get the whole experience. But the partner hotel rates are very tempting. There will be three of us on the trip, my wife and I and our 9-yr-old. son.

Not sure what else we'll hit while in California. I'd like to take them to a beach also. I spent time in Santa Monica which was great, so that's a possibility.
bmalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #17
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

we did 4 days in Nov 2009 and that was just enough then but since then there is WoC, Carsland and other things i'm sure. I'd say 4-5 days.
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Our first visit was June 2011 and we had 4 days which wasn't enough. There was so much we missed. Since then we bought an AP and haven't spent less that 7 days in the park (except for a day visit in May). On day six this past week DH said He thinks 6 is perfect.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
tomgreen41
Earning My Ears

If you're pressed for time, I would say 2 days minimum. This would mean arriving early, leaving late, and making the most out of these 2 days.

If you want to do it in a bit more of a leisurely pace, 3 days is good.

My family went there in March 2011 and we spent 4 days. By the end of 4 days, we had done everything we wanted to do (some things multiple times) and seen everything we wanted to see. It was perfect. We arrived early, went back to our hotel mid-day for a nap or swim, and then back later in the afternoon and evening. Kids were young, so we packed it in at around 8:00 p.m. and weren't too tired.

5 days... probably too long. If we had stayed 5 days, the sheer excitement of experiencing everything for the first time would have been gone... still great, but diminishing marginal utility.
tomgreen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
razza1987
Mouseketeer

three days and four nights is the package I am looking at doing for next March

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
paulacraiglow
Earning My Ears

We are doing 3 days 4 nights in three weeks. Our first time too, with an 8 and 3 year old. will let you know if it was enough once we get back.
paulacraiglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
TinkBride
I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cake castle.

I too am a WDW regular visitor. We went to Disneyland 2 Augusts ago and spent about 2.5 days in the parks. We have no children and at the time felt we had accomplished what we wanted to..........

Well - yesterday we booked another trip to DL for 4 days because we felt we may have missed out on some things while there 2 years ago. So, I suggest that you spend 4 days. However, the park experience is much different from WDW. I found that there is a lot more to absorb at DLR. Maybe it is the history or just the newness of never having been there before. It was a little like twilight zone though because everything felt so familiar, but completely different at the same time. It was definitely a great trip, especially for any Disney lover!
DLR - 2 trips
TinkBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
Magalex
DIS Veteran

We are also planning our first DL trip in the summer(July 2013) trip. We are visiting from a Saturday to Saturday. We are not planning on visiting any parks on our arrival day or departure day. Maybe dinner at DTD when we arrive. Still deciding on Disney's Paradise Pier hotel or Candy Cane Inn. So 5 day park hopper with one day we are taking the OC Beach tour probably on the Wednesday of our trip. We have one 12 yr old DS & we are all Disney fanatics. Is it time to go yet? Are we there yet?
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
bmalina
Earning My Ears

Thanks Paula! Enjoy your vacation!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
bmalina
Earning My Ears

Thanks tink, Mega, I think I'm leaning toward 4 or 5 days at DLR, coupled with a day at the beach and a dodgers game. Also thinking about flying into San Diego, to see the zoo then driving up to DLR. Right now paradise pier looks like the hotel we'll choose. Seems to be a good deal on property.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: