Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read your trip report. I found you on another board while researching our 1st Disney Cruise a couple weeks ago. You led me to this board. I have found so much information here, and even found a group for my cruise here. Thank you!

I love the way you make us feel like we are right there with you on your trips! Have fun in November. I will be on the Dream in Feb and can't wait to read about that trip too!

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLuvr321 View Post
I can't wait to read your trip report. I found you on another board while researching our 1st Disney Cruise a couple weeks ago. You led me to this board. I have found so much information here, and even found a group for my cruise here. Thank you!

I love the way you make us feel like we are right there with you on your trips! Have fun in November. I will be on the Dream in Feb and can't wait to read about that trip too!
Thanks for joining. The Dis does have a lot of info. I have learned so much here, and it really helps when planning a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Another trip report??I am in!!
Yep. A last minute cruise! I am so glad i took it too. It was really nice to sail for 7 days. I have found I really LOVE sea days.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #33
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great start, Jen, even without pics!

I love the fact Skip gave you some extra money! Always nice to have a little more spending money.
Can't wait to read more about your adventures and ports as they are some of the same we are going to next summer.
BTW, loved your pics on FB!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #34
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great start, Jen, even without pics!

I love the fact Skip gave you some extra money! Always nice to have a little more spending money.
Can't wait to read more about your adventures and ports as they are some of the same we are going to next summer.
BTW, loved your pics on FB!
I know. I was shocked...and glad to have and use it!

I enjoyed the ports, but I really liked the ship better. But the scenery is gorgeous at the ports.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #35
sager1969
Mouseketeer

I am headed for Galveston tomorrow to sail on Saturday. I am hoping to learn a little about the port there (does that sound like begging? No? Please, please, please!).

I love taking trips with friends! People always think it is strange when my hubby and I do that. We don't like to do all of the same things. But, we love each other! I love that the wallet was opened for you! I think Skip wants you to have a great time.

Can't wait it here more!
Magic - 10/2012; ALK - 3/2013; Aulani - 6/2013; DVC Dream/AKV - 10/2013;
Christmas Dream/WL - 12/2013; AKL - 3/2014; Wonder - 6/2014;
ABD Backstage magic - 7/2014; Fantasy - 4/15;
DVC Dream - 8/15; Aulani - Christmas 2015
sager1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #36
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm getting in on this one early so I can keep up! Aren't girls trips the best? I try and take one at least once every few years.

Cracking up that Skip gave you his wallet and told you to take what you needed, I so would have cleaned him out, lol!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I happened upon your PTR and skimmed it. Excited to hear about the trip itself!!

I've read several of your TRs!

Me and DH DD (13) DD (11) DS (9)

4/03 ASMO/CBR 4/05 HOJO'S DL 4/07 NICK HOTEL/WH 4-5/09 NICK HOTEL/WH 6/10 WH 5-6/11 HOJO'S DL 6/12 WH/AKV/POLY 5-6/13WH 5-6/14 HOJO'S DL 8/14 CSR
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #38
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Yay! subbing, can't wait to go back and read - finishing up a really long week of conference/training at Virginia Beach and need a happy break!
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #39
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager1969 View Post
I am headed for Galveston tomorrow to sail on Saturday. I am hoping to learn a little about the port there (does that sound like begging? No? Please, please, please!).

I love taking trips with friends! People always think it is strange when my hubby and I do that. We don't like to do all of the same things. But, we love each other! I love that the wallet was opened for you! I think Skip wants you to have a great time.

Can't wait it here more!
You will have a nice trip. The port was pretty basic, but still nice. The CM's were slow...as they were new with Disney being there. But it was very easy. We got there VERY early and waited about an hour for the doors to open. And it is hot in Texas.

We saw Donald and after a bit we saw Daisy replace him. We sat near some glass doors that had stairs on the other side and the CM's things to check you in...BUT that is NOT where you enter. You go in on the other side of the building and down a long hall and then go up those stairs. The place was clean and the bathrooms were better than Port Canaverals. I do have pictures, but I don't I will get them posted before you leave.
I am working on my next trip a lot and also on real work as well. I kind of slacked a little today and did some stuff for my trip, but tomorrow I have to work on my job things so I don't get behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yay, I'm getting in on this one early so I can keep up! Aren't girls trips the best? I try and take one at least once every few years.

Cracking up that Skip gave you his wallet and told you to take what you needed, I so would have cleaned him out, lol!

It will be slow going. I have a ton of things to do. Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
Subbing! I happened upon your PTR and skimmed it. Excited to hear about the trip itself!!

I've read several of your TRs!
Welcome! It was a fun trip. And it wasn't one that just flew by. I really enjoyed each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Yay! subbing, can't wait to go back and read - finishing up a really long week of conference/training at Virginia Beach and need a happy break!
Howdy! Thats my Texan talk! I can feel your headache!!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #40
sager1969
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You will have a nice trip. The port was pretty basic, but still nice. The CM's were slow...as they were new with Disney being there. But it was very easy. We got there VERY early and waited about an hour for the doors to open. And it is hot in Texas.

We saw Donald and after a bit we saw Daisy replace him. We sat near some glass doors that had stairs on the other side and the CM's things to check you in...BUT that is NOT where you enter. You go in on the other side of the building and down a long hall and then go up those stairs. The place was clean and the bathrooms were better than Port Canaverals. I do have pictures, but I don't I will get them posted before you leave.
I am working on my next trip a lot and also on real work as well. I kind of slacked a little today and did some stuff for my trip, but tomorrow I have to work on my job things so I don't get behind.
Thanks so much! Nice to know about the walk and the slowness. I figured it would be that way for a little while. I hope you get your next trip planned out smoothly and you get caught up on work. Those first few days are killer. E- mail catch up gets me as I "turn off" on the boat. It is hot in Texas. I live in DFW area. We are having a cold front this weekend and I will miss it. I always love getting wear a jacket!

Take care and I can't wait until I get back and catch up on your report. I am so bad at pictures. I have a hard time focusing with out shaking. So, they usually turn out really bad.

Thanks!
Magic - 10/2012; ALK - 3/2013; Aulani - 6/2013; DVC Dream/AKV - 10/2013;
Christmas Dream/WL - 12/2013; AKL - 3/2014; Wonder - 6/2014;
ABD Backstage magic - 7/2014; Fantasy - 4/15;
DVC Dream - 8/15; Aulani - Christmas 2015
sager1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #41
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Just discovered your new TR! Now to catch up!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Good so far, can't wait for more!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #43
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Following along! I have never been on a cruise, but the Military rate next month for a 7 day is $320, I think we may have to go
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

Glad I decided to check the DIS this morning, Looking forward to more. Girls trips are the best!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: