Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #196
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I currently have POFQ booked in February but my Disney Visa can only get me a 5% discount for that location. I am seriously considering switching it to POR. While garden room view was not available for me to book nearly all other categories are. We could save a bundle with standard view but I'm pretty sure I'd like to upgrade to river view. It will still give me a better deal than if I stay with our garden view at POFQ.

My question is - I can remember at some time reading about some people in river view rooms in either POFQ or POR being bothered by the horns from the boats. But I can't remember which mansion or building was the one where this was most likely to be a problem. Can anyone help with the answer? Thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #197
zy144622
Mouseketeer

We had to upgrade from standards to garden at POR for disney visa discount to apply.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #198
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Actually you are considered a family of 4, because only ONE child under the age of 3 doesn't count towards occupancy - but the second one does.
But if they booked preferred you can get those AB rooms no matter what if you pay for the preferred level.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #199
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Is there a map of specific room numbers? For eg. what room numbers are connecting and what room numbers are corner rooms? TIA
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #200
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I did a search on the old thread and found Andre's answer to my question re possible boat noise on pg. 132, 7-18-12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by appplel
And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

The boats turn and stop just opposite Oak, so they don't carry on past Magnolia and Acadian. And anyway, you'll hardly notice the noise with the door shut anyway - it's never bothered us in river-front rooms in Parterre or Oak anyway.

Andre
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #201
RunRosemary
Earning My Ears

Just heard from our TA that she got us a room only discount for our trip in January (VISA). And since there were no standard rooms available, we got bumped to a River view. If anyone has the Disney VISA and is staying between Jan - April, check for a discount!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #202
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

So I've decided to call and put a request in on my reservation after thinking about it.

Mostly because the last time I stayed at POR I ended up in the Acadian House area in the last building near the North Depot facing the garden area (I had a garden view room booked). And when I asked to be moved to a different room, I was told they didn't have any other garden view rooms available.

So I'm thinking of my request this time. I am booked in a Royal Room River View. I was going to make Oak Manor my first request but so many people ask for that that I'm thinking of requesting:

Oak Manor Or Parterre River View building that is closer to the quiet pool or should I say Parterre River View Building close to the bridge that leads to the lobby?

I know alot of people request Oak Manor and I just don't want to end up in the very last River View Building of Parterre.

Which Parterre request do you think sounds less confusing for the room assignors?

Thanks in advance.....

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #203
pixxi
Mouseketeer

Which rooms are AB garden view

Inorder to get the free dining we had to upgrade to a garden view and due to our party size need a AB room. Which buildings would they be, it all looks pretty "garden" like to me!

Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #204
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
I did a search on the old thread and found Andre's answer to my question re possible boat noise on pg. 132, 7-18-12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by appplel
And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

The boats turn and stop just opposite Oak, so they don't carry on past Magnolia and Acadian. And anyway, you'll hardly notice the noise with the door shut anyway - it's never bothered us in river-front rooms in Parterre or Oak anyway.

Andre
Can't help with this since we stayed in Oak Manor (standard view) way back when, but I wanted to say:

48 years?!?! WOW! and Congratulations!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #205
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRosemary View Post
Just heard from our TA that she got us a room only discount for our trip in January (VISA). And since there were no standard rooms available, we got bumped to a River view. If anyone has the Disney VISA and is staying between Jan - April, check for a discount!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just called my usual TA and asked her about the discounts people have mentioned. She advised me that guests booking for those dates that are not Disney Visa holders can still get that discount now if they would like to apply it. But that is a TA option only. Regular guests booking stays will have to wait til the 10th to apply it. Now keep mind that if your booking through a travel agent like AAA your stay may already be cheaper than the 30% off that you would have gotten off the original price. You will not get the percent off of the AAA price making it a really good deal. The agent will most likely flip it to a regular booking if it turns out to be cheaper than their price for you.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #206
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Is there a map of specific room numbers? For eg. what room numbers are connecting and what room numbers are corner rooms? TIA
Yeah that is something I believe may be in the works. Do to the refurbishment work they underwent recently numbers may have changed and would have to be updated again when someone wants to take the time to research that.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #207
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Can't help with this since we stayed in Oak Manor (standard view) way back when, but I wanted to say:

48 years?!?! WOW! and Congratulations!!!
Thanks so much. I usually hasten to add that I was a child bride since we got married 4 months before my 20th birthday. My DH has put up with me and my obsessive nature for almost 48 years now.

Here's a question that I'm sure all you POR regulars can answer for me. Where are the locations of the exterior stairways on the river side of Magnolia and Acadian buildings? Are they just at the center of each building or does Magnolia also have them at the ends near the river?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #208
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Anyone ever order a Sazerac from either Scat Cat or River Roost? When DH and I went to NOLA this August, I fell IN LOVE with that cocktail-and with NOLA!! We will be staying at BLT, but plan to take the long way to DTD by way of walking to MK, bus to POR/F, hopefully scoring a decent Sazerac and Hurricane while taking in the ambiance of both resorts, and then finally hopping a boat to DTD. I was referred to this board by a fellow Diser...said maybe Andre would be of help. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #209
kydisfan
Mouseketeer

Did the Bob Jackson show last night. The family loved it. We are going back Friday evening for a while. Great with kids and WHAT a memory.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #210
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

But if they booked preferred you can get those AB rooms no matter what if you pay for the preferred level.
Yes, I am fully aware of that. You might want to go back and read the post again.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: