Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #3091
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZue View Post
OMG, is that chicken fried YUM I see there??
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #3092
Ozdisneydreamin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenuviel
Thanks all for the photos!

People think I am so strange when I talk about how excited I am for all the Disney food! Only 33 days....
Glad I'm not the only one !! 55 sleeps :D
Ozdisneydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #3093
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

LOL. Not only do I have a calendar for all of our dining reservations, but this year I am going to make a list of all the things I want to eat. I have never had a churro (I know gasp right!!??) for this year. I get very excited!!!
We are going to have lunch at Carnation Cafe so I can have the pickles. LOL. I do not like the veggie burger option, but I LOVE the pickles. DH will more than likely have a regular burger, I will have pickles and a salad (yup..I know what I want).

isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #3094
Gina421
Earning My Ears

This is probably one of my favorite threads!! I love anything and everything food, and seeing all the pictures makes me drool!!! Going next month and can't wait to eat my way through Disneyland!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #3095
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Hi All - Figment and I just got back from a trip to DLR and it was our first time at Carthay Circle Theater. I have to say, we really liked it! (So much so that we made an impromptu reservation for lunch after having dinner there!) Here are some of our photos from Carthay Circle.

At both dinner and lunch we had the Carthay House Biscuits. We were a little worried about the jalapenos in them, but decided to try them anyway. They were so good! Nothing like a biscuit; they were more like a fritter. They had a nice crispy outer coating and then a soft inner filling.

Figment also tried the Signature Fire Cracker Duck Wings. The meat was nice and moist, but the sauce was so spicy! The server warned us, so we knew. The spicy-food lover in group ate most of them because they were just to hot for the milder-food eaters in the group.

For dinner, Figment tried the Cavatelli Pasta with Tuscan-style Braised Lamb (top), Grilled Quail (middle), and Bacon-wrapped Shrimp (bottom). All three entrees were very good. The lamb was tender and had a nice rich flavor. The quails were very tender (as well). The shrimp were tasty, but the sauce was kind of sweet.

At lunch, Figment tried the Strawberry-Lemon Roasted Organic Chicken Salad (top) and Grilled Angus Flank Steak Cobb Salad (bottom). The chicken salad was really good. It was light and the dressing, despite having buttermilk, wasn't anything like a ranch dressing. The Cobb salad was heavier, but still good. It isn't like the Cobb salad from HBD, but it was still really yummy.

The inside the restaurant was really pretty with lots of attention to detail. The servers encourage you to look around after you've finished.

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #3096
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Continuing with Figment's Halloween Trip to DLR...these are some of the Halloween treats he saw...

And then the Mickey marshmallows and Tigger Tails...

Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace: the Steamboat with sausage

A blueberry muffin and sausages (the sausages are from the River Belle Terrace and the muffin is from Main Street)

The Matterhorn Macaroon from Jolly Holiday:

Mickey pumpkin beignets and mint julep (from the Mint Julep bar):

Next time...Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen brunch, Flo's, and Carsland snacks!

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #3097
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

yummy looking food everyone!
wdwnut4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #3098
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I love the little Mickey hat!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #3099
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Wow, looks like Figment had another wonderful trip. He is so photogenic, I am jealous of all the great trips he has been on

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #3100
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

Figment saw some yummy treats!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #3101
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleh1 View Post
Figment saw some yummy treats!
Yup! DLR always has such yummy snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
Wow, looks like Figment had another wonderful trip. He is so photogenic, I am jealous of all the great trips he has been on
Thanks!

Okay - a little late, but here are the pictures from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Brunch.

As usually, Figment started with the Bourbon Street Sampler. Everything was really good, but his favorites were the calamari and deep fried artichoke hearts.

For his entrees, he tried the Creole Caesar Salad with Crawfish Tails (top), BBQ Shrimp & Grits (middle), and Cochon De Lait & Eggs Sardou (bottom). As always everything tasted really good. He got to listen to jazz music while he ate!

As this was Figment's first trip to Disneyland since Carsland opened, he had to try out the food there. He had to have "Starbucks" one morning and try some of the offerings at Flo's V8 Cafe.

The Chicken Tamale Breakfast - it was kind of spicy, but still pretty good.

He also had the American Breakfast. Pretty standard breakfast food.

His favorite was the Starbucks mocha and seasonal cupcake.

Later in the day, he wandered over to the Cozy Cone Motel and tried the pretzel bites (yum!) and Red's Apple Freeze. The pretzel bites (with cheese dipping sauce) were really good. The apple freeze...well...it tasted like frozen apple juice, which was okay, but he was hoping for something more like the green apple slushie over at Mad T Party (he had another wiggly yard on this trip, but was so excited, he forgot to take a picture ).

Then, later, he went back to the Cozy Cone Motel and tried the churro bites and got his souvie cone cup! (He would have gotten the souvie cup earlier, but they ran out during the middle of the afternoon and had to wait for a re-stocking!). It looked like a lot of soda, but it's 32 oz, which is the same size as the regular large soda! The churro bites and chocolate dipping sauce were okay, but Figment likes the normal length churro better for some reason.

Overall, Figment liked the new food places on this trip (Carthay Circle, Carsland) and the old favorites (Ralph Brennan's) were still as good as he remembered. He can't wait to go back to DLR (hopefully during the holiday season)!

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #3102
SleepyDeb
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Figment. You're adorable.
SleepyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #3103
kaci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDeb View Post
Thanks, Figment. You're adorable.
Agreed. I love seeing Figment's dining choices
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #3104
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Wow, just wow... I love Figments reports!! I look forward to them!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #3105
Xenorye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
then, later, he went back to the cozy cone motel and tried the churro bites and got his souvie cone cup! (he would have gotten the souvie cup earlier, but they ran out during the middle of the afternoon and had to wait for a re-stocking!). It looked like a lot of soda, but it's 32 oz, which is the same size as the regular large soda! The churro bites and chocolate dipping sauce were okay, but figment likes the normal length churro better for some reason.
Oh my God... Churro Bites... I'm going to faint.

zzzzzzzzzzz
Xenorye is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: