Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Building 1, top floor, facing the Sassagoula River, room 1332. Pics in my TR of the room for anyone who is interested.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.

Last edited by BearcatsFan; 10-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Building 1, top floor, facing the Sassagoula River, room 3232. Pics in my TR of the room for anyone who is interested.
I may be wrong but I believe Room 3232 is located in building 3 ... the first number designates the building number and the second number is usually the floor number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelloc View Post
... 2006: Stayed in building 3 room 3233. 2nd floor, 2 double beds. I would describe it as a "courtyard" view. ...
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

I don't remember the room number, but we were in building 5, top corner floor, facing the courtyard. The corner room was fabulous!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite

Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #19
casieleigh
Earning My Ears

Rm 7104, bldg 7. It was a beautiful resort--quiet everywhere, but I DEFINITELY wish we had gotten a more central bldg. The walk to/from buses, while shorter than some other resorts, was still quite long with 2 tired kids. There were plenty of days when we were at the restaurant and needed to run back to the room to get something or drop something off and I wished every time that we were in a closer bldg. We happened to be on the OTHER side of bldg 7, facing parking lot, so not many more rooms that were further away than ours, but I wish we were closer to bus, front, food court, pool, etc. Even rooms that were right beside the main area seemed quiet, so I don't think noise would have been an issue for us. LOVED being ground floor, though, definitely would want that again!
casieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
I may be wrong but I believe Room 3232 is located in building 3 ... the first number designates the building number and the second number is usually the floor number.
Ooops! Yep, you're correct ... I fixed it!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
BNukem
Love the Mouse

2214....loved it. It was pretty central. Garden view. The parking lot was just past the garden. Food court was 1min53sec walk from our room (yes, I timed it), about 2min 15sec with my 3yr old. Boat launch was only about 30 seconds away. I will definitely stay here again. We usually stay deluxe, but due to the size of this resort, it's a moderate with almost a deluxe feel.
2009-Polynesian

2010-Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
2011-Polynesian
2012-Port Orleans French Quarter
2013-Port Orleans French Quarter

::me 43 : DH 44
DD 19 DD16 DD 4
BNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
norwane
DreaminofDisney

Hello!

We are going to POFQ in January 2013 and are very excited!!! It will be my friend and I, and my 9 year old son and her 8 year old niece.
My questions are:
1. At this moment in time we have a standard room. When we check in, do we ask for an upgrade? If so, what do we ask for?
2. Is it possible to get a rollaway bed for my son (the bed hog!)
3. How is the food at POFQ? My crew are not very adventurous eaters - mainly cheeseburgers and pizza!

Thanks for the help!
Tracy
norwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwane View Post
Hello!

We are going to POFQ in January 2013 and are very excited!!! It will be my friend and I, and my 9 year old son and her 8 year old niece.
My questions are:
1. At this moment in time we have a standard room. When we check in, do we ask for an upgrade? If so, what do we ask for?
3. How is the food at POFQ? My crew are not very adventurous eaters - mainly cheeseburgers and pizza!

Thanks for the help!
Tracy
We were in building two (Garden View), first floor with the dragon slide right out our window. I want to say it was 2135... ideal location to the pool (laundry, bar), boat dock with in steps from our door. Could easily walk to parking lot if you needed something out of your car, food court was very close. We would request this building again, for sure! It was considered Garden View since it was on the first floor and you had to look through the bushes to see the pool.

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
scooffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwane View Post
Hello!

My questions are:

Thanks for the help!
Tracy
1. If you ask for an upgrade, you will most likely be quoted the price to change to another category. If you have discounts, you will basically lose them, because it is a new reservation. Only you can decide what is more important to you. One of the last ways to get an upgrade is ask for it and expect it for free.

2. Nope, since they changed to queen sized beds, they eliminated the rollaways. You can bring a twin sized air mattress and lean it against the wall during the day when not in use.

3. The menus for POFQ are on the POFQ thread or on portorleans.org.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
Winue
Mouseketeer

We were in bldg two, garden view first floor. We faced the opposite side of the pool. LOVED IT THERE. The boat launch was like 30 seconds away and the food court was between a minute or two. Fantastic location!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl
I had 5139 last September. Building 5 1st floor backside facing the courtyard where they show movies. Loved this location. About halfway between busstops and boat dock (as in equal time to walk to both). Never was bothered by the movies or the kids playing before hand, couldn't hear them once my tv was on.
We stay in building 5, ground floor, facing courtyard every time. Love it. Quiet, great location, central to pool, buses, and boat launch. Our favorite location, at our favorite resort.

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: