Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
sheetz
DIS Veteran

Cooking in your room using your own kitchen appliances seems wholly inappropriate to me. Some hotels do offer guest rooms with a kitchenette/microwave and I would think it perfectly fine to do some light cooking using that.
sheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRfan31 View Post
then I guess the lamps, coffee maker and hair dryer are fire hazards too.

I would never leave ANY appliance plugged in while I'm out of the room. Just plain common sense.
No, lamps, coffee makers, hair dryers are normally off if you aren't in the room, the exception may be a lamp but housekeeping will turn it off when they leave. Also, these are items that are already in the room so they are accounted for in the wiring. A crock pot may overload a plug and start a fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
A crock pot might be a little much, but what about a hot pot? You could heat hot water for oatmeal or heat soups in it to go with sandwiches.
Yes, a hot pot would work great! You could do the single serving cup of soups, mac & cheese, etc and you could do hot drinks or oatmeal as the pp said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
Cooking in your room using your own kitchen appliances seems wholly inappropriate to me. Some hotels do offer guest rooms with a kitchenette/microwave and I would think it perfectly fine to do some light cooking using that.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
Its why we do love Residence Inn. We have a full kitchen, should we decide to make something. Rarely do we do more than breakfast on Christmas morning, or making cookies/brownies/chex mix, but having a full sized fridge/stove/micro is really nice.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Agree with the previous posters. If cooking in your room is of such importance/necessity to you, then make sure to book a hotel room that provides cooking space and appliances, like a kitchenette or full kitchen. This will cover the safety, not only of your room, but also the rooms around you. And it should keep smells and such contained to your room and not bother or inconvenience your neighbors.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: