Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #31
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Today is my SIXTY DAY MARK!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa:

Our WDW trips will be overlapping! My Uncle and I will arrive late on the 27th, and one of the things I wanted to do was the Wishes buffet on the 28th, but we had some delays in finalizing our trip and it looks like everything is booked (and I groaned in frustration when I read that you reduced your rezzie from 3 to 1) Do you have a strategy for us to try to get that still? Should I just keep checking online, or would it be better to call? (What number do you call???)
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #33
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Hi Lisa:

Our WDW trips will be overlapping! My Uncle and I will arrive late on the 27th, and one of the things I wanted to do was the Wishes buffet on the 28th, but we had some delays in finalizing our trip and it looks like everything is booked (and I groaned in frustration when I read that you reduced your rezzie from 3 to 1) Do you have a strategy for us to try to get that still? Should I just keep checking online, or would it be better to call? (What number do you call???)
Cindy - I ended up having to go thru the WDW-DINE number to get mine done right. I would suggest calling and having them check. You might even tell them you know of someone who had reserved a party of three and adjusted it to a party of one and asking if perhaps those two seats are available? All they can do is say "no", right? Good luck!

Oh, and my official countdown is now at 50 days!

Last edited by LisaCat; 10-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
LisaCat

FORTY-NINE DAYS!!!!!!! It's starting to feel "soon"! I've got a helpful distraction of a 1 night trip down to Disneyland in 2 weeks, followed by a 3 day weekend with hubby in Vegas. When I get back from Vegas, I will be looking for my Mickey Mail with my luggage tags in it! And I'll know it's time to preorder my PhotoPass. I think I'm going to do the plus. It's an extra $50, but I'll get the ride photos and since I'll be doing this trip solo, I'm planning to take advantage of every PP photographer I see. Plus I have ADRs at 2 of the restaurants on the Plus account, so between the rides and the two restaurants, that justifies the $50, right? LOL

Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #35
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Cindy - I ended up having to go thru the WDW-DINE number to get mine done right. I would suggest calling and having them check. You might even tell them you know of someone who had reserved a party of three and adjusted it to a party of one and asking if perhaps those two seats are available? All they can do is say "no", right? Good luck!

Oh, and my official countdown is now at 50 days!
For your countdown!

I called the number, and no luck at the moment. Thanks for the great idea about checking for reservations for different party sizes. I will do that every day until we leave
Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

You are AWESOME

LisaCat, you are my hero!! I never would have thought of checking for other sizes of parties, and I checked my dates today and it came up for a party of 3, but not 2. I called WDW Dine and they were able to get my rezzie

We have 7:05 rezzies for Monday, Dec 3rd. Where can I check to see what advice people have for making the most of the Dessert Party?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #37
LisaCat

Quote:
LisaCat, you are my hero!! I never would have thought of checking for other sizes of parties, and I checked my dates today and it came up for a party of 3, but not 2. I called WDW Dine and they were able to get my rezzie

We have 7:05 rezzies for Monday, Dec 3rd. Where can I check to see what advice people have for making the most of the Dessert Party?
Hooray! There were a couple threads. There's a lot of discussion in the big thread of people waiting for the next month to open. I saw a really good review somewhere that included photos of the yummies, but I can't remember where it was.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #38
LisaCat

And I'm now under 40 days. Today's count is THIRTY EIGHT!

I watched the YouTube video this morning - the Imagineering Tour of Be Our Guest. I'm totally drooling to get in there!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa!

Thank you so much for all the dessert party advice. I found some threads and go some great info. I'm under 40 days as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #40
LisaCat

One month, one day. SQUEAL!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
LisaCat

Look what was in the mail today!!!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #42
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa!

I got mine too, but my Magical Express info looks different???? It's in a bigger booklet this time, and I noticed that instead of vouchers it has scannable bar codes that you just show when you arrive. Did you get the Mickey holographic luggage ID tags (not the yellow one you attach to your bag)?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

I just re-looked at your calendar, and we may be in DHS also on the 30th. It's hard to tell with my uncle - I make general plans but he likes to decide on the spur of the moment. I'll be wearing a blue Hilton string backpack, with a Lime Green Mickey Head attached to it. I usually wear a ball cap, so I'll probably have a plain beige ball cap on. My uncle is a very charming, almost bald (but don't tell him I said so - he still thinks no one notices) 72 year old.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
LisaCat

Quote:
I got mine too, but my Magical Express info looks different???? It's in a bigger booklet this time, and I noticed that instead of vouchers it has scannable bar codes that you just show when you arrive. Did you get the Mickey holographic luggage ID tags (not the yellow one you attach to your bag)?
No, just the yellow tag, but I didn't do a package, my reservation is room only since I'm only staying onsite one night. I'm not even using the luggage tag since I am scheduled to land at 9:45PM. That's too close to the 10PM cut off for me!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
LisaCat

TWENTY-THREE DAYS!

Oh my gosh, it's getting SO CLOSE!

I'm still checking the dining daily to see if I can get an earlier time for Ohana and I have a couple of ADRs that I might still cancel, but now it's time to work on my "touring plans". Yes, I do them. I don't religiously adhere to them, but I like having an "outline" to work with.

The other things I'm working on are my packing list and my squished penny list.

The hubby and I just got back from a long weekend in Vegas (HIS idea of a REAL vacation). I now realize how HORRIBLY out of shape and unprepared I am for the walking I will be doing at WDW. I think I will be making some changes to the touring plans to make them a little more "achievable". I'd LOVE to be able to schedule a break back at my resort mid-day, but with the short park hours and staying offsite without a car, it's just not feasible. I've already scheduled "on site" down time to sit and relax, mostly at onsite resorts. Like on my Animal Kingdom day - I have a 2 hour break planned to go to AKL and check out their lobby Holiday decorations and I figure I'll go to the bar and get a glass of wine and just sit and chill. My first park day has extended hours, so I do have a 4 hour break planned, during which time I will be switching from AoA to Bonnet Creek resort. If they don't have my room ready, I'll do all the check in stuff and then go hang out by the pool. They have a lovely lazy river. I've already planned to have my swimsuit in the small carry-on bag I'm using Friday night. Not even going to open the main suitcase until I get to Bonnet Creek. My plan is to leave it at the bell desk at AoA and not even haul it back to my room at the Little Mermaid building.

All the details and planning are swirling around in my brain and making my head spin like a teacup! LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: