Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #1621
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Question - if I don't use a gift card, but want to charge to the room with my KTTW card, will I have to sign a receipt at each booth?
I was paying with my credit card the first day we were there and I didn't have to sign.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #1622
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
The berry flavor I tasted the most was strawberry but the drink is not overly sweet or strawberry flavored. I couldn't taste any rum.

The griddled cheese from the Greek booth is very mild with a texture of a melted mozzarella, not a fresh mozz, but the kind you might find on pizza. Not bitter at all and it does have some honey drizzled over it.

Can't wait to try the griddled cheese!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #1623
garada3
DIS Veteran

Changes to the normal WS?

I read the posts about the different beers in Canada during the F&W (at a beer cart right? Not the festival booth?)

Are there changes or additions to the normal offerings in any other countries?

Thanks!
garada3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #1624
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl
Question - if I don't use a gift card, but want to charge to the room with my KTTW card, will I have to sign a receipt at each booth?
No you won't have to sign a receipt at each booth. We had to sign one receipt on our first day here but have not been asked to sign one since.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #1625
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I expect you will only have to sign at France. I have no idea why they are so obsessed with signatures but I had to sign for my Disney reward card and it doesn't have a name on it! Not sure what signing proved, but there you go
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1626
dznygrl
Earning My Ears

We're HERE!!!!

Great !! A little wet and hot...but GREAT!!!!
HAve a question...has anyone heard about the "soft opening" for FantasyLand on Oct 8th for Annual Pass Holders???
I know this if the F&W blog...but please forgive me
Thanks!!!
dznygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1627
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznygrl View Post
Great !! A little wet and hot...but GREAT!!!!
HAve a question...has anyone heard about the "soft opening" for FantasyLand on Oct 8th for Annual Pass Holders???
I know this if the F&W blog...but please forgive me
Thanks!!!
I thought any preview days and soft-opening days are not until November. The official grand opening is December 6.

Perhaps some elements will have limited previews before then.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #1628
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As far as I know there is no passholder preview of the New Fantasyland scheduled for October 8.

The days for the previews are November 3, November 10 and November 11.

The SIGN-UP for the previews on the passholder website takes place October 8.

It is a preview, not a soft opening. The passholders (who must sign up in advance) will be taken in groups on a "tour." They will ride Little Mermaid and it says there will be a tour of Be Our Guest, but not that anyone will actually be eating there.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #1629
dznygrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
As far as I know there is no passholder preview of the New Fantasyland scheduled for October 8.

The days for the previews are November 3, November 10 and November 11.

The SIGN-UP for the previews on the passholder website takes place October 8.

It is a preview, not a soft opening. The passholders (who must sign up in advance) will be taken in groups on a "tour." They will ride Little Mermaid and it says there will be a tour of Be Our Guest, but not that anyone will actually be eating there.
Thanks for clearing that up!! I didn't think that it sounded right...we walked by there yesterday and it did not even look close to being finished...
We will be home by then...
dznygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #1630
disneyvillainlover
Mouseketeer

Am I the only one who thinks the new 'brown' trays are just horrid!! how does food look nice in a brown tray .. surely any sauce will just get soaked into the tray ..

I am very disappointed at Disney losing the white logo'd plates .. any chef surely knows food looks better on a clean white plate

the fish trays for feeding the animals at seaworld are nicer than these .. and they are white!

Disney are going cheap on us me thinks .. and for what you pay for these tiny tasters they could at least put them on a plate
Hampton lakes 2008
disneyvillainlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #1631
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyvillainlover
Am I the only one who thinks the new 'brown' trays are just horrid!! how does food look nice in a brown tray .. surely any sauce will just get soaked into the tray ..

I am very disappointed at Disney losing the white logo'd plates .. any chef surely knows food looks better on a clean white plate

the fish trays for feeding the animals at seaworld are nicer than these .. and they are white!

Disney are going cheap on us me thinks .. and for what you pay for these tiny tasters they could at least put them on a plate
My husband said he noticed a few sauces that disappeared into the tray.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1632
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Just got home last night, and overall I thought the booths were very good this year. I tried a lot of new-to-me items, and was pretty impressed with most of them. I'll be posting full reviews with pics later, but my favorite was probably the scallop from the New Zealand booth.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #1633
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I was paying with my credit card the first day we were there and I didn't have to sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
No you won't have to sign a receipt at each booth. We had to sign one receipt on our first day here but have not been asked to sign one since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I expect you will only have to sign at France. I have no idea why they are so obsessed with signatures but I had to sign for my Disney reward card and it doesn't have a name on it! Not sure what signing proved, but there you go
Thanks for all your responses. My DH wants to use KTTW and charge to the room, and I didn't want to be the one slowing the line down to sign. So I wanted to use gift cards, but he'd rather just have the one KTTW and put the GS on our room charges later. I guess it won't matter much.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #1634
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyvillainlover View Post

I noticed the brown boats but it didn't bother me. Items don't slip off them and I would think they are made of recycled material and are more 'green' friendly. Didn't change the taste of anything I tried.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #1635
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVee View Post
I noticed the brown boats but it didn't bother me. Items don't slip off them and I would think they are made of recycled material and are more 'green' friendly. Didn't change the taste of anything I tried.
I agree. I think they are better then the plates since you always have to walk with your food and it is more secure.

They do have a light coating of something so I didn't notice any sauce soakage.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: