Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #301
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge
 
bbangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,063

Clearly I should have bought more pins! I had no idea they were such a hot ticket item!
__________________
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #302
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I was on the first cruise. I got the wristband and then bought 2 pins. There was no one else waiting for the wristband and didn't seem to be a big interest in them. Maybe they decided just to let anyone buy them. I remember thinking that 500 isn't really very many, for 4 cruises with probably 8-10,000 passengers total.

So many people I met on the cruise were from California and getting some sort of resident discount (we traveled from North Carolina and chose it because of the Pixar theming). Many of them didn't even know it was a Pixar cruise until they got on board.

Oh, and one other thing - I can't believe how many people I met who had never even heard of the Disboards!! We took the transfer and I met a couple different parties who had cruised Disney multiple times before, and they had no idea the Disboards existed. When I told them about FEs, etc, they were like - Oh, that is why we see those things all over the ship!! I had some extra FEs I shared with a little boy we met who wasn't part of the FEs.
I dunno if they also had a CA resident discount, but they did offer..about a month out...a 25% discount for Disneyland AP holders..I had booked over a year prior but was able to apply the discount and got over $800 back on my CC.
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #303
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***
 
princesskayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
We are on the last Pixar cruise that leaves on Sunday...they better have some pins available for our cruise because if not, I will be having a chat with the merchandise manager. It seems that DCL has still not figured out a proper way to handle pin releases for special cruises.
I will be doing the same thing. I am really hoping by one of the posters getting the last one - it really meant he got the last one for the cruise. When you book a special cruise, you should at least get a shot at special merchandise - every single cruise. Not just the first two.
__________________
Next up: : Disney Wonder - Oct 19, 2013 On Deck: Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon - Disneyland, 2014 *Coast to Coast* Glass Slipper Challenge- Disney World, 2014

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #304
kangamommy
Mouseketeer
 
kangamommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 80

letter I wrote to dcl merchandising...

I wanted to write to you today regarding the lack of availability of Pixar Cruise pins for all sailings other than the very first one on 9/16. We were on the 2nd sailing on the 23rd and donít get me wrong, we had an amazing family vacation. I was extremely disappointed, however, when I learned that you made/offered such a small number of pins that only people on the first sailing (and apparently maybe a dozen people on our sailing) were able to purchase them. Disney is well aware of the popularity of its pins and while I appreciate the need for ďexclusivityĒ I canít for the life of me understand why you wouldnít set aside a certain number of pins for EACH sailing. Instead, those of us on sailings 2-4 were out of luck. They are selling on eBay for over a hundred dollars. I guess thatís fine if you didnít go on the cruise and really want the pin anyway. But we paid over $3000 for our cruise. I would think we deserve at least the opportunity to buy the pin for the cruise we were actually on. People on the DIS boards are all pretty upset about this too. I know itís just a pin, but I know YOU know how important these things are to Disneyphiles such as myself. Iím not sure what the solution is at this point except to offer the pin to the actual cruisers upon request. I am happy to pay full price.

Thank you for your time.
__________________
Me DH DS (5)

DLR: Premium AP holders (2000-current)
DCL: Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast)
Fantasy - May 2014 (Eastern Caribbean)
kangamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #305
tink157
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamommy View Post
I wanted to write to you today regarding the lack of availability of Pixar Cruise pins for all sailings other than the very first one on 9/16. We were on the 2nd sailing on the 23rd and donít get me wrong, we had an amazing family vacation. I was extremely disappointed, however, when I learned that you made/offered such a small number of pins that only people on the first sailing (and apparently maybe a dozen people on our sailing) were able to purchase them. Disney is well aware of the popularity of its pins and while I appreciate the need for ďexclusivityĒ I canít for the life of me understand why you wouldnít set aside a certain number of pins for EACH sailing. Instead, those of us on sailings 2-4 were out of luck. They are selling on eBay for over a hundred dollars. I guess thatís fine if you didnít go on the cruise and really want the pin anyway. But we paid over $3000 for our cruise. I would think we deserve at least the opportunity to buy the pin for the cruise we were actually on. People on the DIS boards are all pretty upset about this too. I know itís just a pin, but I know YOU know how important these things are to Disneyphiles such as myself. Iím not sure what the solution is at this point except to offer the pin to the actual cruisers upon request. I am happy to pay full price.

Thank you for your time.
Great letter to them!!! Wonder if anything will actually happen?? I would have loved to get one also......you will have to keep us all posted if anything happens with this.
__________________
Sandy
tink157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #306
atmail35
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 453

Kangamommy, did you send it via email? I'm happy to also send a note. I haven't had a chance to find out who I would complain to. Feel free to PM me the address if you want.

I'd be curious to see what their response is since if they only made 500 and sold them all what can they do at this point?
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #307
DesertGal
Mouseketeer
 
DesertGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr
I just caught a glimpse of the Outlook Bar and Cafe on deck 10 the last night of our recent cruise. Would have liked to spend more time up there. Next time.
The Outlook bar and cafe was very nice. We just had coffee and relaxed. They said they specifically built the cafe for the Alaska part.
__________________
Lisa (SAHM)
DH Carl (firefighter/medic) and love of my life

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #308
kangamommy
Mouseketeer
 
kangamommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 80

Will keep you posted. I had called DCL for the email and this is what I got (and used) to send the letter...

<Dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com>

Hope they respond in some way!
__________________
Me DH DS (5)

DLR: Premium AP holders (2000-current)
DCL: Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast)
Fantasy - May 2014 (Eastern Caribbean)
kangamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #309
tink157
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 42

PIxar Pin

Ok, I just sent off a e-mail to them also. Pretty much what your wrote .... with different words..........very nicely...........we'll see what happens if anything. Never hurts to ask!!
__________________
Sandy
tink157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #310
tink157
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 42

Just recieved a e-mail from DCL saying they got mine.......gave places to go if you had ? about a upcoming cruise........and if this did not address your question it would be answered with a later e-mail from them........... guess time will tell..
__________________
Sandy
tink157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #311
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,444

What I originally thought when I saw how easy it was to get multiple pins on the 9/16 cruise was that they would have a different pin for EACH of these cruises..but looks like that was a nope.
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #312
jlmarr
You got that right
 
jlmarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewebwoman View Post
Did anyone take scans of the Personal Navagators. Somehow I missed the one on the 26th altogether, don't know what happened to it. It was for the second day of San Francisco so I probably didn't see it when we came in late.
This company scanned the full set from the 23rd sailing. http://t.co/EihpkPHV
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #313
dennes
Mouseketeer
 
dennes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greytown, New Zealand
Posts: 180

Quote:
I was on the first cruise. I got the wristband and then bought 2 pins. There was no one else waiting for the wristband and didn't seem to be a big interest in them. Maybe they decided just to let anyone buy them. I remember thinking that 500 isn't really very many, for 4 cruises with probably 8-10,000 passengers total.
I too was on the first cruise and got two pins for my sons. I also noticed on the first night that there didnt seem to be any "want or need" for the wristbands. (Maybe pin traders come out under the cover of darkness while we put the young ones to bed)

Pin or no Pin - I must say that the cruise was an absolute blast and a total highlight for my two boys first long haul overseas trip. We still talk about the adventures and secret missions we got up to on board

I do hope that you all enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. the lithograph was beautiful and is at the framers ready to go up in the boys playroom.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Deb
__________________
Krazy Kiwi Kids!

Disney world 2001, Disneyland and California Adventure 2001, Disney Wonder Pixar Pacific Coastal Cruise Sept 2012, Disneyland and California Adventure Sept 2012. LOVED Carsland!

Can't wait for April/May 2014. Trip of a lifetime with DH, DSs (7) and (11) Panama Canal cruise and WDW. Very exciting!
dennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #314
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran
 
threeiscrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia
Posts: 512

I just got home from the 9/30 sailing. As soon as the stores opened we headed there to try and purchase a special pin and I was told they were sold out. I'm pretty upset by this. For the Halloween parties they have a special pin for EACH night, but for these cruises they sell one pin and don't hold any back for each cruise? Makes no sense to me. I did leave a handwritten note attached to our survey at the end of the cruise. I don't see how they can do anything now to make things right, but I sure would have liked to have purchased some sort of Pixar pin. I also passed on the California Coast pins as they said Summer 2012 and I was pretty annoyed by that time. This is actually the first cruise I haven't purchased a pin for.

I have to admit I thought that seller on ebay was horrible for what I assumed was stealing a menu and then selling it, but on our cruise our server told our table that each family could take one menu home with them. So maybe, just maybe that seller took the menu because they were told they could I'm just trying to find the best in people.

We did the Muir Woods tour. The woods were beautiful. I would go again, just not with the tour. Our driver was racing to each turn and then slamming on the brakes to make the tight turns on the drive there and then back down to Sausalito. I'm pretty sure I was green by the time we reached Sausalito. We told the tour guide we couldn't take the driving any more and took the ferry back to San Francisco.

Overall the cruise was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went.
__________________
Sheri


Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #315
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.
 
adnil530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 1,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
I just got home from the 9/30 sailing. As soon as the stores opened we headed there to try and purchase a special pin and I was told they were sold out. I'm pretty upset by this. For the Halloween parties they have a special pin for EACH night, but for these cruises they sell one pin and don't hold any back for each cruise? Makes no sense to me. I did leave a handwritten note attached to our survey at the end of the cruise. I don't see how they can do anything now to make things right, but I sure would have liked to have purchased some sort of Pixar pin. I also passed on the California Coast pins as they said Summer 2012 and I was pretty annoyed by that time. This is actually the first cruise I haven't purchased a pin for.

I have to admit I thought that seller on ebay was horrible for what I assumed was stealing a menu and then selling it, but on our cruise our server told our table that each family could take one menu home with them. So maybe, just maybe that seller took the menu because they were told they could I'm just trying to find the best in people.

We did the Muir Woods tour. The woods were beautiful. I would go again, just not with the tour. Our driver was racing to each turn and then slamming on the brakes to make the tight turns on the drive there and then back down to Sausalito. I'm pretty sure I was green by the time we reached Sausalito. We told the tour guide we couldn't take the driving any more and took the ferry back to San Francisco.

Overall the cruise was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went.
I was on this cruise with you. It's funny how we have the same thoughts. I too put my disappointment on the pin issue on the survey card at the end of the cruise. I also had the opportunity to speak to the merchandising officer at a meet n greet. I told her of my disappointment and her reply was that when pins are released they are released and that they couldn't hold them back. Really? That didn't relieve my disappointment at all. But hey, I can get the one on eBay for $199 right? I was disappointed overall with the lack of Pixar collectibles. The Pixar vinylmations onboard were the same ones that you can get in the parks. Nothing special about them and I didn't see any special magnets. Thankfully, we had a few diser's who made some magnets as FE gifts

I also had thoughts about the person who posted the menu on eBay but after going on the cruise our waiter offered us a menu and glasses to take home with us which we did.

Linda
__________________
Mom Dad Sissy(18) Princess (13):

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013, 2014 Disney Cruises:Wonder to Nowhere May 17, 2014; Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite; Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; Fantasy Nov 29, 2014 Western Caribbean; Wonder b2b May 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico; Wonder b2b Oct 1, 2015 Baha Mexico & Oct 4, 2015 Baha Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.