Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Highs and more highs from 27/09 to 02/10 trip

Just wanted to share the highs of our latest trip. We always enjoy ourselves as can be judged by the number of times we visit but I really can’t think of any lows at all this time. To all of you who are going for Halloween soon – it is brilliant!

OK, quick list:
Halloween decorations and show.
Sequoia Lodge – now I see why so many on here love this hotel!
Café Mickey birthday meal.
Character and CM help and interaction.
Seeing Esmeralda and Clopin for the first time since our very first Disney trip during the 5th anniversary year!
Getting a trip on the Panoramagique balloon for the first time this year. Tip for anyone going this month: DS saw a flyer for Panoramagique behind the reception desk at the SL which he wanted as it had a picture of his beloved balloon on. The CM gave me a bunch we I thought was a little odd until I read that they were "buy one get one free" vouchers.
Fabulous sunny weather and blue skies.

I am actually working on my first trip report this time so watch this space for elaboration on the above…
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Hello

You often get lucky with the weather as it rained yesterday and this morning

The decs are fab aren't they - I took many many photos last week (in the rain) and am back on Monday to get more.

Halloween is great for seeing rare characters and it make such a change to the usual suspects especially the Villains

Would love to see a TR from you and am so pleased you had yet again a great stay

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

oh so glad u had such a good time!!!

i keep hearin loads bout halloween n feelin very 'homesick' as i love halloween n feel im missing it....

cant wait for ur trip report!!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
addverbaan
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a fab time! We are staying in SL ourselves for the first time in a couple of weeks and can not wait! Was also planning on doing the balloon for the first time so thanks for the tip about the flyers! We try and nicely ask for one by reception!

Just realised how many "!" are in my reply! maybe I am getting a tad too excited? Well- it is only our 10th trip
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, pleased you had a great trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Hello

You often get lucky with the weather as it rained yesterday and this morning

We have been very lucky, so much so that I hardly dare voice it for fear of breaking the spell!

The decs are fab aren't they - I took many many photos last week (in the rain) and am back on Monday to get more.

There is plenty of detail to search for as well as the large pieces and I love the spooky sounds too.

Halloween is great for seeing rare characters and it make such a change to the usual suspects especially the Villains

Would love to see a TR from you and am so pleased you had yet again a great stay
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny View Post
oh so glad u had such a good time!!!

i keep hearin loads bout halloween n feelin very 'homesick' as i love halloween n feel im missing it....

cant wait for ur trip report!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addverbaan View Post
It sounds like you had a fab time! We are staying in SL ourselves for the first time in a couple of weeks and can not wait! Was also planning on doing the balloon for the first time so thanks for the tip about the flyers! We try and nicely ask for one by reception!

Just realised how many "!" are in my reply! maybe I am getting a tad too excited? Well- it is only our 10th trip
He he... never dtops me getting excited! Hope you have a fabulous time and the weather is kind enough to give you a great balloon ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Welcome back, pleased you had a great trip
Thank you!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Welcome back, glad you had such a good trip, from what I've seen online the new ghost decorations looked fab.
We're looking forward to returning to SL too
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
MissP
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a lovely time!

You have got me sooooo excited for halloween - 8 more sleeps yayyyy!

Can not wait to see the park all dressed for halloween - wooooo

x

DisneyLand Paris February 2012 - Magic Circus Hotel
MissP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

I demand Lows!!!

Just kidding! Glad you had such a great time.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Welcome back!

Sounds like you had an amazing trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrymarzipan View Post
Seeing Esmeralda and Clopin for the first time since our very first Disney trip during the 5th anniversary year!

I am actually working on my first trip report this time so watch this space for elaboration on the above…
You're so lcuky!!! My DD would just LOVE to meet Esmerelda!

Will watch out for your TR!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back glad you had another great time.

Would love to go for Halloween again.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Wow, what a great trip Cherry . Some fab highs!

My DDs would also love to meet Esmerelda and Clopin (DD1 recently decided that Hunchback is her favourite film!). I'm guessing they were out for halloween were they? Or are they around more these days?

Would LOVE to see some photos pretty please.

Did you get to see Jack & Sally too - so excited that they are going to be around right over the Christmas season too as I can't wait to see them!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Welcome back, glad you had such a good trip, from what I've seen online the new ghost decorations looked fab.
We're looking forward to returning to SL too
Thank you, the ghosts are really funny and I love the little lamps strung about too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Sounds like you had a lovely time!

You have got me sooooo excited for halloween - 8 more sleeps yayyyy!

Can not wait to see the park all dressed for halloween - wooooo

x
You're going to love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx View Post
I demand Lows!!!

Well, OK... we did have to come home again.

Just kidding! Glad you had such a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Welcome back!

Sounds like you had an amazing trip!!

You're so lcuky!!! My DD would just LOVE to meet Esmerelda!

Will watch out for your TR!
Thank you! Esmerelda and Clopin were in the Front Lot of the Studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Welcome back glad you had another great time.

Would love to go for Halloween again.
Thank you! It is a great season, hope it is not too long before you get to see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post

My DDs would also love to meet Esmerelda and Clopin (DD1 recently decided that Hunchback is her favourite film!). I'm guessing they were out for halloween were they? Or are they around more these days?

I imagine that they were just out for Halloween although they are not true "villains" are they?
Would LOVE to see some photos pretty please.

Well I am just waiting for my photos to download to photobucket so I can put some on here - they've been stuck on 98% for ages!

Did you get to see Jack & Sally too - so excited that they are going to be around right over the Christmas season too as I can't wait to see them!
Yes, we saw them too, in front of a little house (or possibly cemetry) thing opposite Phantom Manor. Are they hanging around over Christmas too then? I hadn't realised.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

So jealous of the Halloween trips! But still thrilled you had a wonderful time, and can't wait for your TR. Even though it will make me green with envy!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams

cheer2:
They were out whilst we were there in August, first time we've seen them and they were both really in character. Maybe they're out more often now?
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
May 2014 Novotel Collegien/Magic Circus
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread