Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

In my experience, kittens come free. The last two I got were found when (1) we randomly stopped by the pet store to get food for our other pet (note: lots of pets stores host adoption days) and (2) through an email string from my DH's secretary's cousin. I've never had to go to a shelter or look on petfinder because people are ALWAYS looking to give away cats. Also, you can call any local vets and they'll likely be in the know about who unexpectedly had kittens recently.

That doesn't mean that they stay free. The first thing you have to figure in are shots, basic check-ups, deworming (if they were on the streets at all), and spay/neuter. Then regular vet-checks every year. Food can generally be pretty inexpensive, unless you want to go the whole organic specialty feed route or if your cat needs a special diet. Then of course, emergencies can always happen. We could travel to Europe several times on the money we ended up dropping on the vet bills for one of those "free" cats.

You know, I used to agree with the poster who said male cats are more friendly than female, but our last two have been girls and they've been extremely friendly.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza - Fantasy/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (coming Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: