Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #2431
jamala
Mouseketeer

Wow, have a wonderful time! We are hoping to plan a disney cruise next year. I have already told my kids all about you, we will at BC Nov. 10-18th so I hope we can stop by to "meet" you in person that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
You're not going to believe this! Bob just told me to book the Saturday after Thanksgiving 7 night western caribbean Fantasy cruise. He misses it so much already he wants to go back.

So, we're off again on 11/24-12/1.

And Katesdad is going too so we are going to try and hook up as table mates at dinner.

Anybody else want to go?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #2432
K&C
Mouseketeer

OK not long now till our trip and a few questions have popped up!!

1. Lap swimming!! DD9 is a swimmer for our county team and has been told to try and keep up her training while we away. Does the quiet pool at the YC have a shallow end with steps like the BC (no use for tumble turns)

2. How much does the convention centre charge for receiving parcels? I'm planning on buying a few things for Christmas that we can't get in the UK (or are very expensive) and getting them delivered to the YC. Just concerned that if they can't be shipped USPS they will end up costing $$$$
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #2433
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
Wow, have a wonderful time! We are hoping to plan a disney cruise next year. I have already told my kids all about you, we will at BC Nov. 10-18th so I hope we can stop by to "meet" you in person that week.
Sunday and Monday I'll be there and look forward to meeting you.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #2434
wdw lifer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C
OK not long now till our trip and a few questions have popped up!!

1. Lap swimming!! DD9 is a swimmer for our county team and has been told to try and keep up her training while we away. Does the quiet pool at the YC have a shallow end with steps like the BC (no use for tumble turns)

2. How much does the convention centre charge for receiving parcels? I'm planning on buying a few things for Christmas that we can't get in the UK (or are very expensive) and getting them delivered to the YC. Just concerned that if they can't be shipped USPS they will end up costing $$$$
Yes stairs and a shallow end right in front of the laundry area.

Not sure on #2
First trip off site 1989 AS S March 1995 OKW October 1997 WL November 1997 BV December 1999 WL November 2001 POR November 2006 CBR November 2007 CSR November 2008 YC November 2009 YC November 2010 BW November 2011 (no yacht available)
Beach Club CLDecember 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #2435
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

At the Beach Club now. Just wanted to highlight the awesomeness of the club level staff. Torrential rain tonight. Neil was able to swap our MNSSHP tickets to tomorrow night!

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #2436
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're not going to believe this! Bob just told me to book the Saturday after Thanksgiving 7 night western caribbean Fantasy cruise. He misses it so much already he wants to go back.

And Katesdad is going too so we are going to try and hook up as table mates at dinner.

Anybody else want to go?
I do!! You're a lucky lady TeenaS!!! Have a GREAT time!! We went on the Magic in Jan 2011 and our family created such memories, we hope to go again in a few years. Hope to meet you in person in January

[/url]
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #2437
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
At the Beach Club now. Just wanted to highlight the awesomeness of the club level staff. Torrential rain tonight. Neil was able to swap our MNSSHP tickets to tomorrow night!
Neil rocks!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #2438
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anybody else want to go?
Yay, Teena! Great news, and I'm so excited for you! (And YES, I do want to go!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Neil rocks!!!
Neil is AWESOME! We've contacted guest services to compliment him on more than one occasion. He won over our boys with literally TONS of taffy. They love "taffy from Neil" and he was a big hit in our house long after our BC stays! Just talking to our 13-year-old about this post and now he's talking about how much he likes Neil.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #2439
glocon
DIS Veteran

Question about gifts for concierges on club level~ This will be our first time on club level, and I am wondering when would be the best time to give a little "Thank You" to the club level concierges. I have a taste of TN for them (as assortment of Little Debbie treats). Do you usually give them your tips or thanks you gifts at the beginning of your stay, somewhere in the middle, or not until you are leaving? Just trying to figure it all out...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #2440
jamala
Mouseketeer

I am wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Question about gifts for concierges on club level~ This will be our first time on club level, and I am wondering when would be the best time to give a little "Thank You" to the club level concierges. I have a taste of TN for them (as assortment of Little Debbie treats). Do you usually give them your tips or thanks you gifts at the beginning of your stay, somewhere in the middle, or not until you are leaving? Just trying to figure it all out...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #2441
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Only valet, bellmen and housekeepers are allowed "tips" and if anybody else gets caught taking them, they can get fired. As far as "gifts", they can be given any time. Depending on who they are for, it might be best to give them at the beginning of the trip when you first see them since they could have off a few days or be going on vacation and you might not see them again.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #2442
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Teena....It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it. Enjoy!

pixarmom Enjoy your trip. And I will be sending you an Alaskan questionare when you return for tips on our Disney Northern cruise! Kinda nervous but very excited to be stepping out of our WDW comfort zone in May.

sydangel68 THAT is what you pay the extra for. Neil (and his cohorts) are the best. Love it!

And to all our Y&BC family going down in the immediate future (and there is a big bunch of you) WooHoo! Drop us a line and let us know how everything is going.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #2443
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! And also happy that you'll be back at work on 12/2 so that I'll be able to pop over to BC and give you a big hug!!

Just a note to say that today, as a birthday present to myself...I paid off our trip!!! So excited!! Now all that's left to do is wait...and wait...and wait...

So excited!!!
A day late, but...

Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #2444
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
I added your dates to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw lifer View Post
Yes stairs and a shallow end right in front of the laundry area.

Not sure on #2

I added you to the Be Our Guest list for December (BC)

Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #2445
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I'm Packed!!!
Boarding Passes printed. Now just waiting for the hours to pass.
We have a 7 AM flight and should be at MCO by 10:15 in the morning.
I can't wait.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: