Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #16
pamelaz
Meowza

Honestly, this was one of the funnest things me and my other half did at Disney. It was a surprise to him, and we both fell in love with it. When we go back, we'll definitely do it again!

Before they let you outside, you do a quick training course that gets you comfortable with the segway.

It's really fun!
pamelaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Disbound
Mouseketeer

We are going to give it a try! Wondering how early we should book it though. We are visiting in March. What happens if we book it and the weather is bad? Can we reschedule?
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the minimum age for this? I have a DS who has done this in other places, and would love to ride around Epcot if he's old enough! Thanks

Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
mich723
Earning My Ears

I did the tour back on my trip a couple of weeks ago.
If the weather is bad, you have the option of doing half the tour (being inside, no outside portion). That, or get a refund. I decided to do half the tour, and it was alright. No doubt I would've had more fun around the World Showcase.

Right now the tour is 2 hours, but they're changing it up to be 3 hours and include breakfast. This is beginning halfway through this month.

Also the minimum age requirement is 16. If you're under 18, a parent/guardian I think has to accompany you as well. There is a waiver that has to be signed before going on the Segway.
mich723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

I've done all the tours at Epcot already and love it!!!

I'm already signed up to take the new tour during my trip in a couple of weeks. It is a great experience. It ook about 10 minutes to master the Segway.

I've also done a Segway tour of Celebration. that was fun too!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #21
Leota
DIS Veteran

MyMuse - we did the segway tour of Celebration after doing the 2 different Epcot Segway tours (the other one only ran a year or two, I think it's discontinued already) I loved the Celebration one. They let you really get those things motoring!

I would highly recommend the Epcot Segway tour. Any of the tours are great for an adult trip.

Other nice things to do as a couple are carriage rides at POFQ or visit a Disney Lounge (we like to lounge hop for dinner, most of them have some delicious noshes as well as soft & hard drinks) We usually stay at the Swolphon & they have a great pool bar that has great food, so we like to spend an afternoon (or 3) there, swimming, eating, hot tubbing, maybe having a boat drink......
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
bwang123

how early can you book and do you pay upfront or do they hold a CC?

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #23
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

If anybody's interested, here are some reviews on the Segway tour!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994221
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

I did Keep Moving Forward about two weeks ago. I tried to get two spots for my dad and me, but I managed to get just myself in with less than 24 hours' notice since they happened to have an extra space. I have since told my parents that both of them should do this tour together.

Pluses:
  • Top-notch instruction - Jan and Torsten did a fantastic job making us feel confident and comfortable on the Segway. Jan really emphasized that the Segway will do the work of balancing for you, and all you really need to do is stand on it comfortably. Additionally, both instructors gave us plenty of time to practice inside before we went out and started interacting (willingly or not) with Guests and with the World Showcase attractions.
  • Comfortable pace - I never felt rushed at any time, nor did I feel like the tour was going too slowly. We had plenty of opportunities to get out of the sun once we were outside, and we never went too quickly or too slowly for anyone in the group.
  • Unique experience - Where else can you slalom around the columns in Italy, navigate the Japanese gardens on quarter turns, and see Epcot without getting totally exhausted?

Minuses:
  • We couldn't keep the Segways the rest of the day. - I definitely understand why Disney doesn't want hordes of Guests riding around on these things in their parks, particularly during Food and Wine, but I would want to see more applications of Segway technology to make more interesting guest experiences elsewhere at WDW.
  • Hard to book - I called multiple times to try to get my dad and myself into a tour together, but it just wasn't to be. It's very popular - call as early as you can. The idea only came to me about two weeks out (mainly because we thought they'd cancelled the Segway tour, when they'd actually just "plussed" it), so maybe it was just the short timeframe.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #25
vlproud
Earning My Ears

We did a photo session in world showcase for our engagement and I saw the segway tour. It looked like they were having a lot of fun so I booked it for our upcoming trip. I think the best part is being in world showcase before it officially opens. You really get to appreciate your surroundings!
vlproud is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: