Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #1606
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
On a different subject we missed one of our seminars yesterday. Just forgot to ask for the tickets and then later in the day without the tickets forgot we were scheduled. My own fault but I wish we'd get one confirmation a day instead of one for each thing we've booked we do around 25 seminars over our 10 day visit and each day is different I'm just not the most organized person while on vacation.
I type up an itinerary listing everything we have booked (seminars, special events, ADRs) including the start times and confirmation numbers. I print out a few copies so I can leave one on the table in the room so we can review it over breakfast, I carry one with me and DH has an electronic copy on his phone. The biggest problem is remembering which day it is -- one day is like another when you're on vacation!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #1607
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I have a couple of questions, I am trying to finalize my Must Try list!! Any advice is appreciated!

1.)What does the Dragon Berry Colada from the Caribbean Islands taste like?? I am very curious and have heard great things. Does it just taste like berries and what kind of berries? Dragon berry?? Haha is there such a thing?

2.)What does the Griddled Greek Cheese from Greece taste like? Is it really bitter like greek yogurt? I love feta, goat cheese, fresh mozzerella, so would I like this cheese?

3.) Can anyone recommend any mild wine/beer for me? The only beer I really like is Blue Moon so anything around that? Also, is there any specialty fruit wines that would be good? I am thinking about trying the apple ice wine and the blackberry wine from South Korea? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much!
The berry flavor I tasted the most was strawberry but the drink is not overly sweet or strawberry flavored. I couldn't taste any rum.

The griddled cheese from the Greek booth is very mild with a texture of a melted mozzarella, not a fresh mozz, but the kind you might find on pizza. Not bitter at all and it does have some honey drizzled over it.

Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #1608
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
This will be our first F&W Festival. I'm looking forward to the experience, but not looking forward to drunken stupidity. Hubby and I don't hardly ever drink and we don't plan on partaking while we are there either. We are staying at YC so we'll have easy access to Epcot and will probably spend more time there than usual, so I'm really hoping that we can enjoy F&W and not have to deal with too many drunk idiots.
Attitude is key.

If you go in expecting "druken stupidity" and "idiots" I don't doubt you will find them.
(I expect this attitude is why those 16 year old girls dancing at Off Kilter were reported to security as "drunk"... person was out to PROVE her point LOL!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #1609
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
We saw much more rowdiness last year than we do this year. Maybe the weather is keeping some of the rowdier locals away.

On a different subject we missed one of our seminars yesterday. Just forgot to ask for the tickets and then later in the day without the tickets forgot we were scheduled. My own fault but I wish we'd get one confirmation a day instead of one for each thing we've booked we do around 25 seminars over our 10 day visit and each day is different I'm just not the most organized person while on vacation.
Do you need to have tickets in hand for these, or will just your confirmation # work? We are doing a mixology seminar Friday @ 6, but will be at DHS during the day, so won't be getting to Epcot until right before the seminar starts.

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #1610
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Do you need to have tickets in hand for these, or will just your confirmation # work? We are doing a mixology seminar Friday @ 6, but will be at DHS during the day, so won't be getting to Epcot until right before the seminar starts.
Before you get in line for the mixology seminar in the Festival Center, you need to pick up your tickets (also in the Festival Center). Any cast member there can point you in the right direction. To pick up your tickets, all you need to provide is is your name and identification (such as a drivers license).
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #1611
hardybuz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffy0110 View Post
I have done the Food and Wine Festival for 12-14 days since it started. Rule of thumb. NEVER go on a weekend. I NEVER even go near Epcot on Fri, Sat or Sun. That is the type of behavior you will find. It is very BIG with the locals. Hope if you decide to ever try it again you will try a Wed. It's still my favorite time of the year.

I think that's excellent advice. I was so excited about trying F&W this year, and I suppose I went in wearing my usual Disney rose-colored glasses and Mouseketeer attitude, not realizing, perhaps naively, that too many weekend people plus too much alcohol could result in a totally different atmosphere than the family-friendly one I've always encountered. I learned the lesson that even Disney people, when drunk, act like drunk people! If we ever happen to go back during the Festival, we'll definitely aim for mid-week to try again. Thanks!

For those who are going with kids, I did discover one major upside to the fact that the biggest crowds seemed to be hanging around the lake's footpath- the counter-service restaurants were almost empty. Even with all the food booths, I still wanted to try my favorites, and we waltzed right up to the Patisserie in France (which was empty! I was almost indignant that no one was there, appreciating those pastry works of art!), the Katsura Grill, the Tangerine Cafe, and the Kringla Bakery with almost no one in line. That was a nice treat.
hardybuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #1612
LVSWL
I may have to rethink whether or not I want to do this
I LOVE anything with goat cheese. Actually, I'm thinking about getting a goat!
My aunt would give me coke and some pecans to keep me quiet

I am curious if you can pick up all of your tickets for mixology seminars at one time, or if you have to do it the "day of". Thanks!

When life kicks you, let it kick you forward- Kay Yow
LVSWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #1613
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardybuz View Post

For those who are going with kids, I did discover one major upside to the fact that the biggest crowds seemed to be hanging around the lake's footpath- the counter-service restaurants were almost empty. Even with all the food booths, I still wanted to try my favorites, and we waltzed right up to the Patisserie in France (which was empty! I was almost indignant that no one was there, appreciating those pastry works of art!), the Katsura Grill, the Tangerine Cafe, and the Kringla Bakery with almost no one in line. That was a nice treat.
I stopped off at the Patisserie yesterday as a cap-off to the trip before we headed back to catch the ME and thought the same thing...never have I been able to just walk up and order there! The line is usually out the door! I'm sad to already be back...the trip was awesome though. I thought the portions were much larger compared to last year, but maybe that's because it's still the first week? Also, for the first time, I ran into 3 or 4 problems with booths running out of items and not calling for more in time. One booth ran out of water by 1pm (and if you have been there the last few days, you know how oppressive the heat and humidity has been...we really needed the water!), at 12noon on one day, Hawaii was already running out of Tuna Poke, and I had to wait for quite a while for my cheese fondue because they ran out of bread and had to go get more. I saw it all happen and not sure why they couldn't have realized things were getting low and sent someone for the bread BEFORE they actaully gave the last one out...seemed logical to me. The guy they sent for the bread didn't seem in any sort of a hurry either. Oh well, already looking forward to next year...but will plan to visit more on the tail end of the festival and try to avoid the weather. I've been this same week the last 3 years and it wasn't like this, so I guess it was a fluke, but it was miserable...felt like it was the middle of the summer!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #1614
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSWL View Post
I am curious if you can pick up all of your tickets for mixology seminars at one time, or if you have to do it the "day of". Thanks!
You pick them up the day of.

You can't pick them up one day for an event on a different day.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #1615
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You pick them up the day of.

You can't pick them up one day for an event on a different day.
Yes.

Just to add to that... you can pick up all your tickets for that day at one time. So if you have a culinary demo, a wine seminar, and a mixology session, you can pick up all tickets for that day before the first of those events.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #1616
heartsy77
New BCV DVC owner!

I'll ask this silly question again. Are the cranberry bog guys making an appearance at the bog? I simply love their commericals and would love to get a pic w/ them!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1617
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There are Ocean Spray representatives in the bog - but as far as I know they are not the actors from the commercials.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #1618
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I type up an itinerary listing everything we have booked (seminars, special events, ADRs) including the start times and confirmation numbers. I print out a few copies so I can leave one on the table in the room so we can review it over breakfast, I carry one with me and DH has an electronic copy on his phone. The biggest problem is remembering which day it is -- one day is like another when you're on vacation!

This is a great idea.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #1619
we3peas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsy77 View Post
I'll ask this silly question again. Are the cranberry bog guys making an appearance at the bog? I simply love their commericals and would love to get a pic w/ them!
TheOcean Spray representatives are only there the first weekend. What you will see now is Disney CM's. The OS people go back to harvest or something. They set it up, stay for the first couple of days and then turn it over to Disney. The plants around the bog are all from last year (extra tidbit). Don't forgot to get your free sample near the bog of OS cranberries.
we3peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1620
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Question - if I don't use a gift card, but want to charge to the room with my KTTW card, will I have to sign a receipt at each booth?
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: