Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
rachelm23
Mouseketeer

Any photos of Dream room 5538 or 5540? Or just pic of extended balcony?

not thrilled with being on the same level as the kids' clubs since we are cruising sans children...but maybe someone can tell me about the apparent extended verandah I hear about... thanks!
rachelm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
karyn0995
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelm23 View Post
not thrilled with being on the same level as the kids' clubs since we are cruising sans children...but maybe someone can tell me about the apparent extended verandah I hear about... thanks!
Hi,
I don't have any pix of the staterooms or verandah's but I just wanted to comment on your concerns about being on the same deck as the kids club. I really don't think you'll even know it's there. We sailed the Fantasy a few weeks ago and were in rooms 5682 and 5684 (aft). Deck 5 is so split up with the Buena Vista theatre, Port Adventures Desk, view down to the atrium, etc, then the kids club. And the club is on the port side and these cabins are starboard. If the Dream halls are the same as the Fantasy, the only hallway to get to the club is on the port side.

I know the rooms you references are forward and we were aft, but other than dropping our own son off at the Clubs, we had no idea the Clubs were right around the corner. I may be wrong, but I really wouldn't worry about the location. There's a lot in between you & the club/lab.

This may be a silly question but have you read the stateroom reports for either of these cabins?

HTH and that you have fun!

karyn0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

We were in room 5162, on the port side near the aft, for our cruise on the Dream in February. We had no problems whatsoever due to proximity to the kids' clubs. You will be even further away than we were, but I wonder if you will get noise from the Buena Vista Theater. Based on the deckplans, it looks like you'll be right above it. Have you checked the stateroom reviews?

I wasn't thrilled about our location (a VGT GTY) going into the cruise, but it turned out to be fine and we loved the extended verandah!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

We've been on deck 5 on the Magic and couldn't tell the kids club was on the same deck.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
rachelm23
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the responses and pics!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Tooth Fairy
DIS Veteran

DH and I were in 5528 this past summer. We loved it! The extended verandah is awesome.we actually slept out there one night....so peaceful...Enjoy!
Tooth Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
strega7
Mouseketeer

We were in 5536 and 5534 this last april and loved the location. No worries about the kids club because you are no where near it. In fact your rooms are a little tricky to get to. You can only get to these starboard side rooms by going to the forward stairs. This means if you come up the mid stairs, you have to go up the port side, by port adventure, to the front stairs to cross over to your section of rooms. The entrance to the kids clubs are the other way down the port side between mid and aft. This was great because we had nobody running up and down the hallway at all hours of the night because it was far enough away from the kids club. I guess the teen entrance was down the hall, but again on the port side, so never a problem and actually, I kinda forgot it was there. The extended balconies were terrific. In my opinion, these rooms were perfect, and I would try for them again. Happy sailing, wish I had another one planned. I will see if I can find some pics to post.

Marci
strega7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
strega7
Mouseketeer

Ok, here are a few pics of the balcony, and yes most of the are taken way early in the morning, because I remembered to grab them as we were debarking.

strega7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
rachelm23
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pics! Looks awesome!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Gretel
I like being ME

What Cat are these?
Gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
rachelm23
Mouseketeer

6 I think. Not sure. We are friends and family. We cruised in sept and got 4a. You get what u get.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Anonny
Mouseketeer

I have a room booked on deck six overlooking an extended balcony. Did you ever noticed people looking down on you?

I am hoping that I won't mind that my balcony looks down on deck five's extended balcony, rather than being able to look straight down to sea when I look out to sea.
Anonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: