Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #46
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I worked as a Customer Service Supervisor for many years and any service provided as a courtesy to a guest/patron when taken away falls into what I see as a decline in customer service. I do agree it is all about the "almighty dollar" and cut backs in personnel not a problem only with Disney but everywhere do to the economy.
But WDW isn't removing a service offered as a courtesy. Guests can still rent mobility devices from offsite vendors. Guests have choices:
Rent from a partner vendor so the device will be waiting no matter what time of day or night the guest arrives;
Rent from a non-partner vendor willing to meet the guest at/near resort arrival time;
Rent from a non-partner vendor and coordinate one's arrival time with the vendor's delivery schedule:
Rent from a combination: one night from a partner, remainder of trip from one's own preferred company.

I can see why Disney wouldn't want to get involved in charging individual guests. As the OP said, the list is evolving; this is actually an issue between the companies; Bell Services isn't able to process payments (and coordinating the charge with the guests room would be difficult) and charges for shipments are at conference resorts/through shipping...
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #47
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,965

The reason that these are considered "Partner" companies, has nothing to do with Bell Services holding scooters per se. These companies pay for the allowance to be able to not only go on property and have their scooters stored, but these companies also have the ability to go into the parks itself to care for their scooters. If you have a problem in the back of MK for example and you rent from one of those 3 companies, they can come to the back of MK to help you. Others have been told when renting from other companies, that they will help them as soon as they get to the gate. Why? Because those companies won't pay to have access to the parks.

For what it is worth. Apple has one of the cheapest prices for scooter rental $125 for 7 days is not bad. If I didn't take my own scooter, this is who I would rent from. They even helped me with my personal scooter when I had trouble down there. That is great customer service in my book, especially since I wasn't a customer of theirs. When another person in our party needed one this past January, because of how I was treated the first time, was the first and only people we called to get a scooter.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #48
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,291
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
I can see why Disney wouldn't want to get involved in charging individual guests. As the OP said, the list is evolving; this is actually an issue between the companies; Bell Services isn't able to process payments (and coordinating the charge with the guests room would be difficult) and charges for shipments are at conference resorts/through shipping...
I can also understand why WDW does not get involved in charging the guest directly for delivery through Bell Services - that could go wrong in so many ways. Mainly, guests would begin to feel they were being "nickel & dimed" with little charges like that; but it also could be a nightmare for them to keep track of it all. They don't charge for most other things through Bell Services - grocery stores charge for your delivery, but not WDW; the post office/UPS/FedEx (etc.) charge for you to ship something, but WDW does not charge to receive it for you. If they truly are now required to pay a fee directly to WDW for the privilege of delivering through Bell Services, I can probably see the ECV rental companies passing that along as a fee THEY charge the guest (not WDW) - and if a guest doesn't wish to pay that fee, he/she is free to rent from another company and arrange drop-off/pick-up directly. Unfortunately, it's all part of the cost of doing business and Disney is ultimately a business.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #49
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
The reason that these are considered "Partner" companies, has nothing to do with Bell Services holding scooters per se. These companies pay for the allowance to be able to not only go on property and have their scooters stored, but these companies also have the ability to go into the parks itself to care for their scooters. If you have a problem in the back of MK for example and you rent from one of those 3 companies, they can come to the back of MK to help you. Others have been told when renting from other companies, that they will help them as soon as they get to the gate. Why? Because those companies won't pay to have access to the parks.

For what it is worth. Apple has one of the cheapest prices for scooter rental $125 for 7 days is not bad. If I didn't take my own scooter, this is who I would rent from. They even helped me with my personal scooter when I had trouble down there. That is great customer service in my book, especially since I wasn't a customer of theirs. When another person in our party needed one this past January, because of how I was treated the first time, was the first and only people we called to get a scooter.
Thank you so much for this post. We are renting a scooter for the first time for my mom. I never even thought about what to do if there was a problem with the scooter in a park. And I've been looking at Apple, so looks like we are good with the dropoff issue as well.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #50
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Thank you so much for this post. We are renting a scooter for the first time for my mom. I never even thought about what to do if there was a problem with the scooter in a park. And I've been looking at Apple, so looks like we are good with the dropoff issue as well.
I'm another who highly recommends Apple Scooters and am glad to see them on the preferred list. We used them for the first time about a month ago (Sept 1st-8th) for my mom's ECV. We usually use Walkers, but Apple was quite a bit cheaper, so decided to give them a try. We had a rental car and the Go Go Elite they gave us was very easy to assemble and disassemble and fit easily into the trunk of the midsize car we had.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #51
Bete
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Crawfordsville,In.
Posts: 4,751

I thank you, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I just called and spoke to Tom in Bell services and he told me the 3 Top "Partners" Scooter Rentals with Disney are

Buena Vista

Apple

Walker

This is a start and hopefully we can all help out, here as we get new information; so, we can update this as it changes.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
cmesq61
DIS Veteran
 
cmesq61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I just called and spoke to Tom in Bell services and he told me the 3 Top "Partners" Scooter Rentals with Disney are

Buena Vista

Apple

Walker

Randy's also let's you drop it with Bell Services, although they deliver personally to you.
__________________

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #53
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
The reason that these are considered "Partner" companies, has nothing to do with Bell Services holding scooters per se. These companies pay for the allowance to be able to not only go on property and have their scooters stored, but these companies also have the ability to go into the parks itself to care for their scooters. If you have a problem in the back of MK for example and you rent from one of those 3 companies, they can come to the back of MK to help you. Others have been told when renting from other companies, that they will help them as soon as they get to the gate. Why? Because those companies won't pay to have access to the parks.

For what it is worth. Apple has one of the cheapest prices for scooter rental $125 for 7 days is not bad. If I didn't take my own scooter, this is who I would rent from. They even helped me with my personal scooter when I had trouble down there. That is great customer service in my book, especially since I wasn't a customer of theirs. When another person in our party needed one this past January, because of how I was treated the first time, was the first and only people we called to get a scooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Thank you so much for this post. We are renting a scooter for the first time for my mom. I never even thought about what to do if there was a problem with the scooter in a park. And I've been looking at Apple, so looks like we are good with the dropoff issue as well.
Walker will also come into the parks. I had that happen last month, my ECV died at the MK and they brought me a new one right in the MK, it was so nice not to have to try to get out of the park, meet the driver and then go back in. We have even had one come and change out a battery at Epcot for us one evening.

I'm glad they're on the list, though, hopefully, after I get my foot problem corrected, I won't have to use one anymore.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #54
alokhum
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1

Dear Sir/Madam:
This letter is to inform you that the Walt Disney World® Resort (hereafter, “Disney”) has entered into agreements with certain vendors of Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs), wheel chairs, and strollers. This has resulted in the development of new policies for the delivery and pickup of these items. These policies will go into effect Thursday, November 1, 2012 and will be strictly enforced.
Therefore, other vendors of ECVs, wheelchairs, and strollers (hereafter “said devices”) with which Disney does not have an agreement, must adhere to the following policies:
1. All deliveries and retrievals of said devices must be done in a public area at the resort the Guest is staying.
2. All deliveries and retrievals of said devices must be made directly with the guest who has reservedlrented the vehicle(s) while the Guest is physically present.
3. Devices may not be left at any location on Disney property to be picked up by a Guest or retrieved by a vendor.
4. No back stage access to theme parks, resorts, water parks, Downtown Disney, or other non-Guest areas, will be granted for the purpose of delivering or retrieving of said devices.
5. A said device that is left at any location on Disney property, by a vendor or a Guest in the process of delivering or retrieving it, will be considered abandoned.
6. Any such abandoned device will not be released to a Guest, even if that Guest claims that it was dropped off for the Guest use pursuant to a rental agreement.
7. Abandoned devices will only be released to a vendor upon payment of a $75.00 handling and storage fee.
8. Any agent, owner, or employee of a vendor found in a backstage area without certified written approval, will hereafter be issued a trespass warning, permanently barring that individual from entry onto Walt Disney World® property.
9. It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to contact Guests who have reserved any of the said devices beyond October 31, 2012, and arrange for physical pickup and delivery with that Guest.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to Walt Disney Sourcing and Procurement at 407-828-3764 or 407-828-3342.
Thank you,
P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Tel 407.934.7379 Fax 407,8283521
alokhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokhum
Dear Sir/Madam:
This letter is to inform you that the Walt Disney World® Resort (hereafter, “Disney”) has entered into agreements with certain vendors of Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs), wheel chairs, and strollers. This has resulted in the development of new policies for the delivery and pickup of these items. These policies will go into effect Thursday, November 1, 2012 and will be strictly enforced.
Therefore, other vendors of ECVs, wheelchairs, and strollers (hereafter “said devices”) with which Disney does not have an agreement, must adhere to the following policies:
1. All deliveries and retrievals of said devices must be done in a public area at the resort the Guest is staying.
2. All deliveries and retrievals of said devices must be made directly with the guest who has reservedlrented the vehicle(s) while the Guest is physically present.
3. Devices may not be left at any location on Disney property to be picked up by a Guest or retrieved by a vendor.
4. No back stage access to theme parks, resorts, water parks, Downtown Disney, or other non-Guest areas, will be granted for the purpose of delivering or retrieving of said devices.
5. A said device that is left at any location on Disney property, by a vendor or a Guest in the process of delivering or retrieving it, will be considered abandoned.
6. Any such abandoned device will not be released to a Guest, even if that Guest claims that it was dropped off for the Guest use pursuant to a rental agreement.
7. Abandoned devices will only be released to a vendor upon payment of a $75.00 handling and storage fee.
8. Any agent, owner, or employee of a vendor found in a backstage area without certified written approval, will hereafter be issued a trespass warning, permanently barring that individual from entry onto Walt Disney World® property.
9. It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to contact Guests who have reserved any of the said devices beyond October 31, 2012, and arrange for physical pickup and delivery with that Guest.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to Walt Disney Sourcing and Procurement at 407-828-3764 or 407-828-3342.
Thank you,
P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Tel 407.934.7379 Fax 407,8283521
Thanks for posting this so it not only effecting ecv users but guest renting strollers to. Beside the money Disney getting from the preferred vendors they also trying to keep a closer eye on the employees of the rental company's.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #56
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Massachusetts Strong!
Posts: 8,535

It's also a huge liability issue - if you start charging guests for certain services from outside companies, you then take on the responsibility of those objects and services. My guess is that some fly-by-night company was abusing the privilege of dropping off equipment, and thus the changes were made. I'm sure contracts were drawn up, meetings held, and legal documents signed by the approved companies.
__________________
July '13 - CBR Aug '14 - PC
Mar '13 - PC Aug '12 - PC (Best Trip Ever!)
Aug '10 - PC June '08 - ASMo (school trip)
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #57
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Thanks for posting this so it not only effecting ecv users but guest renting strollers to. Beside the money Disney getting from the preferred vendors they also trying to keep a closer eye on the employees of the rental company's.
I am a bit worried now. I travel to WDW soon and will be there when this November new policy comes into play. I have rented an ECV through a non preferred partner of Disney and its too late to change to Apple now as I will loose my money. I am worried about the part that says about the scooters being left. What if I go into a shop leaving my scooter outside in my resort and they consider it abandoned and I have to pay 75 dollars to get it back? Also I use to leave it outside my room at SSR on charge. I assume this is no longer allowed unless its a partner scooter? Next time I will book Apple. Wish I had!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #58
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,554

No, you're reading the document wrong. The $75 charge will be assessed to non-partner vendors who leave the rented item somewhere on property for the renter to pick up, instead of meeting the renter at the beginning and end of the rental perio to transfer the item.

See line number five; abandonment refers to delivery and pick-up, not usage. But you shouldn't be leaving an ecv outside the room for charging, since your responsible for it if it disappears. Bring an extension cord, park it inside near the door, and plug it into any outlet.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #59
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
No, you're reading the document wrong. The $75 charge will be assessed to non-partner vendors who leave the rented item somewhere on property for the renter to pick up, instead of meeting the renter at the beginning and end of the rental perio to transfer the item.

See line number five; abandonment refers to delivery and pick-up, not usage. But you shouldn't be leaving an ecv outside the room for charging, since your responsible for it if it disappears. Bring an extension cord, park it inside near the door, and plug it into any outlet.
Oh thank goodness I read it wrong! Actually I agree. On reflection I will do exactly that re park it inside. Thank you!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #60
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
I am a bit worried now. I travel to WDW soon and will be there when this November new policy comes into play. I have rented an ECV through a non preferred partner of Disney and its too late to change to Apple now as I will loose my money. I am worried about the part that says about the scooters being left. What if I go into a shop leaving my scooter outside in my resort and they consider it abandoned and I have to pay 75 dollars to get it back? Also I use to leave it outside my room at SSR on charge. I assume this is no longer allowed unless its a partner scooter? Next time I will book Apple. Wish I had!

Just trying to be helpful. I have never had any issue having room to plug my scooter in in my room at SSR. I have stayed in all the room configurations there at SSR, and it has never been in the way in the room.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: