Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #136
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!
 
snappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: South Lousiana
Posts: 6,154

Got back on Tuesday, the lazy river and pool behind the main building was drained last week before our arrival on Sept 27th. Lots of tiles/bricks being replaced and small piles of sand. They told me it would be out of service for at least 6 weeks.

I was bummed but it will be nicer as I prefer this lazy river, but it will be nicer when I return so I was not too upset.
__________________
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #137
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Does BC have bed rails? I always get bed rails when we stay on property to put on the bed DD4 uses. If they do, is there a charge?
I went ahead and called BC because no one had answered this question I posted. They do not have bedrails....in case anyone else wants to know. I really liked that they have them at the WDW resorts. Oh well.....guess I will throw ours in the van.
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA/1 night at ASM
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (23) DS(18) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

blessedby3 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #138
laborrn2
Mouseketeer
 
laborrn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 134

OK.... just called WBC to make sure we are "all good" for our stay in Nov and to put a request in for a specific tower. Was told that 4BR Presidentials are assigned a room at the time the reservation was made (back in January) and that they know what room we are in. Wanted Tower 6.... am assigned Tower 2. So.......

Anyone been to Tower 2 lately? Has it been refurbed? We are on the 9th floor in an even # room. Anyone know which "view" that gives (water or parking lot)? He said it wasn't possible to change the room unless I undo the entire reservation and re-do it.... which is not gonna happen!

Any info you have would be GREAT!! Thank you!
__________________
Me DH DD12 DD9 DS6
laborrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #139
carlamouse
Disney Trekker
 
carlamouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: College Park, GA
Posts: 281

Smile Top Floor, Lake View

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborrn2 View Post
OK.... just called WBC to make sure we are "all good" for our stay in Nov and to put a request in for a specific tower. Was told that 4BR Presidentials are assigned a room at the time the reservation was made (back in January) and that they know what room we are in. Wanted Tower 6.... am assigned Tower 2. So.......

Anyone been to Tower 2 lately? Has it been refurbed? We are on the 9th floor in an even # room. Anyone know which "view" that gives (water or parking lot)? He said it wasn't possible to change the room unless I undo the entire reservation and re-do it.... which is not gonna happen!

Any info you have would be GREAT!! Thank you!
If I remember correctly from the old thread, even-numbered rooms in Tower 2 face the lake. You will most likely have a great view of the fireworks and the lake depending on which Tower 2 wing you are in (West or East). You'll be close to the bar & pizzaria, mini-golf, volleyball, and playground. You will also be between pools at the mail bldg. and Tower 3. I think Tower 2 & 3 were the most recently renovated.
__________________



Carla in GA
81' 1st Trip, Off Property ~ 82'-88' Off Property ~ 89' Grand Floridian ~ 92' Beach Club ~ 96' Contemporary Resort ~ 97'-98' Off Property (FL Resident) ~ 00'Coronado Springs ~ 01' WDW Swan Resort ~ 03' Courtyard By Marriott (DTD), ~ 05' Sheraton Vistana Resort / Wilderness Lodge ~ 07' Pop/Polynesian Resort ~ 09' WDW Dolphin Resort ~ 11' Grand Floridian & Disney Dream ~ '13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
carlamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #140
Chelley00
DIS Veteran
 
Chelley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,788

My mom will need to have some medication refilled while we are on vacation. Anyone know of the closest Walgreens or CVS or someplace to get it called in?
__________________
Chelley00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #141
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
My mom will need to have some medication refilled while we are on vacation. Anyone know of the closest Walgreens or CVS or someplace to get it called in?
When you check in at WBC they will give you a listing of grocery stores with driving directions. Right across the street from the Publix is a Walgreens. Very easy to get to.
__________________


Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #142
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 548

Water slides

Does anyone know what time of day they are closing the water slides this month? I checked the activity sheet and it doesn't list the slides specifically.

I'm trying to decide how to plan our arrival and if the kids will get a chance to use the slides we'll do that first, but if they're already closed we'll just head right over to DTD.

Thanks!
__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 8


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #143
Malynda1010
Earning My Ears
 
Malynda1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 36

Question High Floor with kids!!

Hello all!!

I will be staying at Bonnet creek next year in July with my husband, children and my in-laws. We reserved a 3 bedroom Presidential suite. I'm really looking forward to staying in the Presidential suite, but I'm concerned with how high the floor is. I have a 1 year old and the high floor kind of scares me. She will never be left unattended, nor is she a rambunctious child. Am I over-reacting, or should I make a room change?? All opinions are welcome!! Please help!!
__________________
Malynda
Me DH DS 12 DD 7 DD 1
Malynda1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #144
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malynda1010 View Post
Hello all!!

I will be staying at Bonnet creek next year in July with my husband, children and my in-laws. We reserved a 3 bedroom Presidential suite. I'm really looking forward to staying in the Presidential suite, but I'm concerned with how high the floor is. I have a 1 year old and the high floor kind of scares me. She will never be left unattended, nor is she a rambunctious child. Am I over-reacting, or should I make a room change?? All opinions are welcome!! Please help!!
I think I remember reading (in one of these BC threads) that the slider doors are very heavy to move, making it hard for small children to open. I wouldnt worry...just keep the sliders locked and an eye on the small fry
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA/1 night at ASM
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (23) DS(18) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

blessedby3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #145
SJerseyMommy
Earning My Ears
 
SJerseyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 59

Hi everyone! We leave one week from today for Bonnet Creek. It will be our first stay and we are REALLY excited.

Quick question-I believe we will have access to both the gym at BC and also the gym at the Grand Orlando Hotel correct? Does anyone know the gym hours? I'm hoping I have time to get to the gym early and make it to rope drop at the parks.

Thanks!
__________________
Andrea
1-DH
3-DD's

2012-currently planning!!
2010-CBR
2009-January OKW
2007-POFQ Celebrating DD's 3rd b-day at BBB & CRT plus MNSSHP!
2005-SSR
1999-ASM
1997-Offsite
1997-ASM
1992-Contemporary



SJerseyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #146
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,859

Just had to pop in and say that I am so excited because my dad just bought in to the Wyndham Timeshare program. When they told me All I could think of was Bonnet Creek!!
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #147
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Just had to pop in and say that I am so excited because my dad just bought in to the Wyndham Timeshare program. When they told me All I could think of was Bonnet Creek!!
CONGRATS!! That is awesome..
__________________


Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #148
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,859

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
CONGRATS!! That is awesome..

That's what I told him!!! I know he is thinking that we just have Disney on our mind. They plan to use it to travel around but I'm sure we can talk him into a Disney trip before to long. My mom is a HUGE Disney fan too!!
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #149
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran
 
Karlzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
Got back on Tuesday, the lazy river and pool behind the main building was drained last week before our arrival on Sept 27th. Lots of tiles/bricks being replaced and small piles of sand. They told me it would be out of service for at least 6 weeks.

I was bummed but it will be nicer as I prefer this lazy river, but it will be nicer when I return so I was not too upset.
Ok, I'll display my ignorance. Is there more than 1 lazy river on property? We arrive a week from today and will be completely bummed out if the one, and only, lazy river is down for our stay. It was the feature that really sold me on trying the place. TIA!
__________________
= ME, 42= DH, 68 = DS, 8
POLY 2006 & 2008 YACHT CLUB 2008 & 2009
BWI 2011 OKW 2011WL 2011
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #150
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Ok, I'll display my ignorance. Is there more than 1 lazy river on property? We arrive a week from today and will be completely bummed out if the one, and only, lazy river is down for our stay. It was the feature that really sold me on trying the place. TIA!
There are two lazy river's. One behind the main building and one over by tower 4.
__________________


Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.