Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
kelly0726
Earning My Ears

Need help with Itinerary Oct 21-24

I can't believe that we will be there in a little over 2 weeks and I have no itinerary! Can anyone help me out? It will be me, my dh, and 3 ds (7,5, 2.5)We are staying at the Sheraton Anaheim and will have a rental car. I am planning on getting a 3 day hopper and then we will probably meet up with my brother in law the other day since he lives near by. Anyone have a suggestion of which day would be best to skip the park? And suggested dining places with boys of my ages?

TIA
kelly0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly0726 View Post
I can't believe that we will be there in a little over 2 weeks and I have no itinerary! Can anyone help me out? It will be me, my dh, and 3 ds (7,5, 2.5)We are staying at the Sheraton Anaheim and will have a rental car. I am planning on getting a 3 day hopper and then we will probably meet up with my brother in law the other day since he lives near by. Anyone have a suggestion of which day would be best to skip the park? And suggested dining places with boys of my ages?

TIA
Best places to eat with your kids:

Breakfast: Goofy's Kitchen (DL hotel), PCH Grill (Paradise Pier), Storyteller's Cafe (Grand Californian). I'd recommend hitting the parks early, but if you plan to hit them late, the Rainforest Cafe has a very nice, and not very expensive, breakfast.

Dinner: Goofy's Kitchen, Rainforest Cafe (if not scared of thunderstorm)

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
inluvwithbuzz
Mouseketeer

Those are the exact same days we will be in the parks. Sunday I just plan to do whatever. Because we will not be arriving to Disneyland until 6pm. I plan to do DCA on Monday. Due to the fact I think because of the Halloween party on Tuesday. DCA will be busy on Tuesday, because I feel people who will be going to the Halloween party tuesday night will be spending the day at DCA. And then head over to DL at 3pm. So I plan to just do DL on tuesday even though I will be at the Halloween party. If that all makes sense.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

What kind of food do your boys like? What kind of food do you like? Since you will have a car, that opens up all kinds of options for you.
If you plan to eat outside the parks, Mimi's, Denny's, IHOP (all on Harbor) will work for your boys. Rainforest Cafe in DtD might work, too, but will be more expensive. There is a Johnny Rocket's in GardenWalk. There is a nice Ruby's on Lincoln (at West, just east of Manchester).
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
emilym27
Earning My Ears

We will be there at the same time. 21st to the 25th
emilym27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
MinnieMom13
Mouseketeer

We will be in the parks at the same time as you! Here are the activities that my son adores. He is now 10, but these have been his favorites since he's been 5 years old:

Lego Store in Downtown Disney
Star Tours (including the gift shop at the exit full of Star Wars items)
Jedi Academy (be sure they stand in front and jump a lot to be chosen)
Tom Sawyer Island (run around with no lines--yea!)
Buzz Lightyear
Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Silly Symphony Swings
Any restaurant that sells pizza/flatbread (but especially Trader Sam's)
His favorite full-service restaurant is Cafe Orleans (mac and cheese)
Churros!

He hates Space Mountain when the Ghost Galaxy overlay is there--it is pretting creepy to see the "man on fire"--he still won't go on it at 10 during Halloween season.

Of course, these are his pre-Cars Land favorites. It wasn't there when we last there in December.

With four days in the park, they should be able to try most everything!

If your kids will get up in time, consider arriving at the park when it opens before the hoards arrive. This time we'll first go to whichever park has early entry since we're staying onsite. This is a big change--we use to always go to Disneyland in the morning then switch to DCA in the afternoon. Cars Land has changed traffic patterns so that's no longer an effective way to avoid the masses.

Have fun!
MinnieMom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Fivers
Mouseketeer

My Mom and I will be there then too! I can definitely see the logic in what inluvwithbuzz said, but I have also heard that on the MHP days DCA is actually less crowded during the day, as people try to do DL before it closes for the party. Once the party starts, everyone does head over to DCA, and it gets insanely busy! Who knows which actually happens , guess we shall find out!

I also agree that Rainforest Cafe is fun with kids. My suggestion would be to go there for lunch if you can. We've found that dinner time is always often very very crowded, and sometimes the service can suffer. Lunch is much quieter, and cheaper too!

As for which day to skip the park, I would probably skip it on Sunday, as the weekends are always busier, and from reading on the boards I gather that there's a bunch of kids out of school the week before, making that weekend even busier than most.

Hope you have an awesome trip!
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Satchmo128
I could ride Expedition Everest over and over and over and over and...........

We will be there the 20th - 23rd, so our trips will overlap. Only a few more weeks to go!

On the 21st we have lunch ressies at Blue Bayou (for DH's birthday) and then we are planning to stay for the fireworks or Fantasmic that night.
22nd will be spent at DCA (lunch at Carthay Circle and WoC that night).
We fly home the evening of the 23rd, so not sure what our plan is for that day, but good to know there is a halloween party that night in DL.

Trips to Cali Parks: 1999 (April), 2003 (March), 2005 (August), 2007 (September), 2010 (January), 2012 (October - YAY Cars Land!!)
Trips to WDW Parks: Our Honeymoon - 2009 (February), 2010 (September), 2011 (November), 2012 (December), 2013 (November)
Satchmo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

If you don't have Halloween party tickets, I would skip Tuesday.
Any quick service will be good too. They all have a kids meal of some sort.
I am going to be there at the same time too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: