Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help! booked the 7 Night! Now the important question.

Can someone tell me if I csn get s good cheese plate on board from room service?
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Happy100
DIS Veteran

So glad you chose the 7 day!!!

Yes you can order a cheese plate and mickey bars and chocolate chip cookies and.... from room service.

Disney Fantasy 1/3/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Yum we loved getting the "all hands on deck" cheese and cracker plate for a snack!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Be sure to get chocolate chip cookies with it! YUM
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
oldwildernesspeacock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrea View Post
Can someone tell me if I csn get s good cheese plate on board from room service?
Yep, but make sure you ask for a specific cheese if you want it. The plate has an assortment, but ask if you can get more. Enjoy.
oldwildernesspeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Depends on what you consider a good cheese plate? You can definitely get cheese and crackers etc that are tasty in room service. Perhaps you can request fancier cheeses if you like as a PP suggests. The great cheese plate is to be found at remy! I'd love to know if there is a gourmet cheese plate to be found outside of there!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Like many things, the "All Hands on Deck" has been decreased in quality over the years. Now, it's hard to say what you will get although it will have cheese and crackers. As above, make requests if you wish. You can also get cheese some afternoons/evenings at the Cove Cafe (Vista Cafe for families on Dream and Fantasy) and you can get cheeses from the buffet and take them back to you room.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
PLANNER88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Like many things, the "All Hands on Deck" has been decreased in quality over the years. Now, it's hard to say what you will get although it will have cheese and crackers. As above, make requests if you wish. You can also get cheese some afternoons/evenings at the Cove Cafe (Vista Cafe for families on Dream and Fantasy) and you can get cheeses from the buffet and take them back to you room.
I see a lot of people mention bringing food back to your cabin....how do you do this? Just carry a plate out of the restaurant ? Or do you bring something with you to put the food in? I know that food is readily available though sometimes it's just quicker to have your favorites on hand in the room.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

I actually requested a cheese plate the first night of dinner. They were happy to provide our party with two cheese plates. The server asked if we would like the cheese plate each night. We said "YES". Worked out great. We told the server the cheese we wanted and it happened like pixydust, and of course a good server. I think the servers actually like doing that. It allows them to go the extra mile in our eyes without having to work that hard for it. Yes, I did increase the servers tip by a couple of bucks.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANNER88

I see a lot of people mention bringing food back to your cabin....how do you do this? Just carry a plate out of the restaurant ? Or do you bring something with you to put the food in? I know that food is readily available though sometimes it's just quicker to have your favorites on hand in the room.
We just carry it on plates (you can cover one plate with another if you want). People do it all the time, so you shouldn't get any weird stares. I like to snag a chocolate croissant in the morning for a treat after lunch. My favorite breakfast restaurant is Enchanted Garden, so it's easy to grab something from the buffet for later. The server in EG on our Fantasy cruise just told me to bring my bread plate with me when I left. The plate would eventually make its way back to the restaurant via our stateroom host. And in the room I put the food in ziplocks for later. You could do this with cheese and put it in the fridge for a midnight snack, too
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
PLANNER88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber

We just carry it on plates (you can cover one plate with another if you want). People do it all the time, so you shouldn't get any weird stares. I like to snag a chocolate croissant in the morning for a treat after lunch. My favorite breakfast restaurant is Enchanted Garden, so it's easy to grab something from the buffet for later. The server in EG on our Fantasy cruise just told me to bring my bread plate with me when I left. The plate would eventually make its way back to the restaurant via our stateroom host. And in the room I put the food in ziplocks for later. You could do this with cheese and put it in the fridge for a midnight snack, too
Great, thanks for the info!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
We do the two plate thing as well. It helps keep people from sneezing/coughing on your food while you are on your way back to the room.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: