Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #1291
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat View Post
If anyone is interested.....Sniqueaway.com is having a "Secret Snique" hotel room sale which looks like it may be Swan/Dolphin--based on the descirption as a "non-Disney resort on Disney property". Some dates are available for $109/nt. This is a fully prepaid rate,and you don't find out the actual hotel til after you book, but where else could it be?

Maura
You're right...it does sound like the S/D. My guess is the Swan, based upon the max occupancy of 4 per room.

A great deal for anyone who can commit to a prepaid rate.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #1292
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat View Post
If anyone is interested.....Sniqueaway.com is having a "Secret Snique" hotel room sale which looks like it may be Swan/Dolphin--based on the descirption as a "non-Disney resort on Disney property". Some dates are available for $109/nt. This is a fully prepaid rate,and you don't find out the actual hotel til after you book, but where else could it be?

Maura
Could it also possibly be Bonnet Creek? Either way, I agree it is a great rate!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #1293
becky11
Mouseketeer

Do you get EMH privileges at Bonnet Creek?

Retired USAF 11/1/12 after 21 years!

Apparently, I'm a runner. Who knew?
------------------------------------
Race for the Taste 10K (WDW) 11 Oct 09 -- Tower of Terror 13K (WDW) 24 Oct 09 -- Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 2 Oct 10 -- 2nd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 1 Oct 11 -- Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (DL) 29 Jan 12 -- Royal Family 5K (WDW) 25 Feb 12 -- 4th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 26 Feb 12 - CtC! -- 5th Annual Expedition Everest Challenge (WDW) 5 May 12 - DH's first race! -- US Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH) 15 Sep 12 - first full marathon! -- Inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler (WDW) 29 Sep 12 -- 3rd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 10 Nov 12 -- 5th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 24 Feb 13
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #1294
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky11 View Post
Do you get EMH privileges at Bonnet Creek?
No, you do not.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #1295
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
No, you do not.
Howdy, Mr. M.

Not Swan/Dolphin ... and mentions hotel shuttle so I think not part of Disney transportation, etc.

"hotel shuttle and let your Disney adventure begin"

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"

Last edited by SideshowBob; 10-02-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #1296
Tribe
Mouseketeer

I may have jumped the gun. I just booked it thinking it was Swan or Dolphin. It does say within WDW, so how could that be "off-property" like a pp just said. Can anyone else can offer an opinion using clues?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #1297
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

My guess is the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Their website claims "The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista hotel in the Walt Disney World Resort is an exceptional hotel."

Note the description of the Hilton's double bed rooms:

Quote:
Relax after a full day of excitement in one of our guest rooms located on the top floors of the hotel with a spectacular view of the DOWNTOWN DISNEY Area. These accommodations with two double beds are perfect for those attending a meeting or on vacation with family or friends. Each room includes special amenities like a chair/ottoman, a work station with ergonomic chair, 37" LCD high definition TV, iron/ironing board, MP3 clock radio, coffee maker, mini-bar, mini-refrigerators, dual-line telephones, in-room movies, high-speed internet access and an oversized in-room safe large enough to fit a laptop computer. For your convenience, our bathrooms feature vanities with granite countertops and a hair dryer. As a guest of the Hilton, take advantage of Disney's exclusive EXTRA MAGIC HOURS benefit featuring extended time in a selected park each day as well as complimentary transportation to all WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort theme parks and attractions
The S/D says their HDTVs are 32".

Compare to sniqueaway's description:
Quote:
From 340 square feet
  1. 2 Double bed(s)
  2. Bathroom with granite vanities
  3. High-thread-count linens
  4. Luxury bath amenities
  5. High-speed Internet access
  6. 37-inch flatscreen HDTV
  7. MP3-ready radio
  8. Coffee maker
  9. Minibar
  10. Rollaway bed available; see Policies for details
  11. Maximum occupancy: 4 guests
  12. Rates quoted are for up to 4 people
  13. Accessibility options: Yes
But it is just a guess.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #1298
Tribe
Mouseketeer

Can I really not cancel?! I definitely leaped before I looked (dummy).
It does sound like a nice hotel and a good deal but we have plans in the Epcot area on the 2 days I booked.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #1299
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Howdy, Mr. SideshowBob; and Howdy, Mr. Dan Murphy.

I am getting so excited about my very first vacation at the Disney Swan Resort this December.

I hope to be able to see you two guys many times during my visit, and get a photo op with you two and me around the beautiful Disney Swan Resort surroundings.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get Towncrier to meet us at the same time?

You just have no idea how excited I am getting now.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #1300
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob

Howdy, Mr. M.

Not Swan/Dolphin ... and mentions hotel shuttle so I think not part of Disney transportation, etc.

"hotel shuttle and let your Disney adventure begin"
Sideshow Bob!!!!!!! How ARE you?! :-). We are coming back to the Dolphin in January, instead of our usual June visit, and after a two year hiatus! Last year we took a cruise ( non-Disney, what WERE we THINKING?!?) and this past year we enjoyed an Adventures By Disney London/Paris extravaganza! :-)

SO looking forward to returning to our beloved Dolphin and my espresso martini on the lobby "comfy couches". ;-). Hope to see you then!

Renee

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #1301
melissam2003
Earning My Ears

Leaving tomorrow for my first trip to the dolphin & disney, excited but overwhelmed!
I remember receiving an email stating some wheres to click to view the holding charge put on your card for the room & now can't find it. Does anyone know this charge?
I've read that everyone mostly uses a town car service is this because the hotel does not offer shuttle from the airport or just a preference?
TIA
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #1302
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissam2003 View Post
Leaving tomorrow for my first trip to the dolphin & disney, excited but overwhelmed!
I remember receiving an email stating some wheres to click to view the holding charge put on your card for the room & now can't find it. Does anyone know this charge?
I've read that everyone mostly uses a town car service is this because the hotel does not offer shuttle from the airport or just a preference?
TIA
Not sure about the holding charge piece .. you might wanna call the property for details on that. Or visit their website there are several folks you could drop a quick email to.

And for transportation you can do towncar or Mears offers a shuttle, simply go to the Mears desk at the airport.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #1303
PaigeDad
Earning My Ears

Transport to MK

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I just had to ask the S/D experts!

We have our first stay coming up in November at the Dolphin and I was wondering about transportation to MK. I know that you can park at MK for free with your hotel key, but we were planning on going to the Christmas party on Nov 9. Will it be possible to walk to Epcot, take the monorail to the ticket/transfer station and then the monorail/boat to MK? Likewise, after the christmas party would this still be runnning - MK monorail to transfer to Epcot via monorail?

I'm already booked and paid for this stay, but after reading this thread I was wondering if anyone knew exactly the details behind the teacher's discount - it says "teachers and support staff" (something like that). Do you have to be full time support staff. Would this rate apply if I'm a coach and show either a paystub or letter from the school?

thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #1304
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I returned home last night from a wonderful 8-night stay at the Swan - my favorite! I'll return in early December. (Ray Sharpton - I'll look forward to seeing you and Dan Murphy again!)

Hello, MEL!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #1305
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Likewise here. I never understood why no exhaust fans in the bathroom. After a good shower, it takes several minutes to get the steam out and mirror usable.
Perhaps it's due to the age of the resort (late '80s). I imagine adding ventilation fans in each bathroom would be an extensive project.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: