Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Selcuk in Palo on the Wonder!!! Best service ever- and an all around great guy
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Crittsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post
I have sailed 3 times on DCL (soon to be 4th and final...for personal reasons I may explain on these boards one day!!). I have sailed once on RCCL, the Monarch, one of their oldest and considered a "party" ship. I must admit, although I am always partial to Disney service, the food and entertainment on RCCL was FAR SUPERIOR to DCL. However, the rooms, the service, the ship itself, the atmosphere, the beach...far better on DCL. I will be sailing the Allure soon as well and know it will be wonderful...also looking forward to sailing the Dream in May...also sure to be amazing. Personally, we have fun and enjoy ourselves wherever we go!!!
I'm sorry but I disagree, I've been on the Monarch 4x/ when it was out here in LA, it nowhere compares to a DCL. The shows were much better on the Wonder, its a cleaner and bigger ship and has a separate adult area which the Monarch is woefully lacking. Not enough lounge chairs on Monarch. Although the food was about the same .

The Allure sounds great, although huge !!! have a great time .
Crittsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil'sFrontier
I don't think you will find a nicer boat out there than the Dream/Fantasy. Definitely the sexiest looking ship leaving the port. Not being a huge floating white whale helps.
Or a floating apartment building. We sailed out next to the Carnival Splendor and some RCCL boat back in June, and I felt like I was in a Rolls Royce. People were lined up on the other boats to look at US!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #19
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamer5 View Post
So as life long Disney fan, I already know that there is such a thing as the Disney difference. However, I have never been so blessed yet to take a cruise with them. I am planning a trip for the DH and I for next year and mostly looking at cruises. The problem is I keep coming back to Disney.
My DH feels it will not be right to do without the kids(22,20,19,18,and 15, they always come on vacation with us so this time I just want some alone time with DH being we are going to be celebrating 22 years of marriage, I feel we earned some alone time.) I on the other hand think we will have a totally amazing time and if we are going to spend the money to do a cruise why not go with the best?
So for all of you who are castaway club members and know all the in and outs, could you please tell me somethings I may be able to use to convince him that Disney really is the best choice for our adults only cruise.
DH and I cruised on the Fantasy this May for our anniversary. Our kids were younger than yours (15, 13, 12) and we left them at home. Personally, I would have preferred Celebrity, but that isn't what you asked. Plus, I really enjoyed the Fantasy. Here are some things you can use to convince your DH.

1. We were seated in the MDR with another couple close to our age with no kids. Also celebrating their anniversary.
2. Dinner at Remy was the most fabulous meal EVER!
3. Dinner at Palo was pretty darned good, too.
4. Adults only areas on the ship are fabulous. (except the pool)
5. Seeing movies in the theater is great.
6. Etc. Etc. Etc.

You can spend as much or as little time around kids as you want and the ships are beautiful. Whatever you choose, enjoy your anniversary.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
y2khardtop
Mouseketeer

I've done 3 princess (1 old ship, 2new) and just now driving home from the Fantasy. Honestly I'm sick out of my min of the cruise director (Leslie) telling us how awesome they are! Seriously if I had a dollar for every time she said the words "Disney differentiator" , well my cruise would be about half price

Seriously though, the room was very spacious and well laid out, and the secure oceaneers lab/club was excellent, but that's it. Food was mediocre, entertainment was so-so (although Leslie kept spouting how their shows were better-than -broadway), and the pools are way too small for the number of passengers

With kids, I'll likely do Disney again. For my wife and I, it's not worth the cost: I'll look at celebrity from what I'm hearing here

Btw, I'm a Disney LOVER and DVC member since 94'. I'll be posting a full writeup soon
1998-OKW Grand Villa
1999-Boardwalk Villa
2001-Wilderness Lodge Villa
2002-Grand Floridian&Beach Club
2004 Jan-Beach Club (found out we were having Eli)
May 05 BWV (Eli's first trip)
Nov 05 BCV:2 2-beds (Eli's 2nd trip,pregnant w/Claire)
Jan 07 Boarwalk: Eli's 3rd Trip, Baby Claires First
Jan 08 Week at the BW Eli's 4th trip, Claires 2nd
Jan 2010, Boardwalk
Jan 2011, Back to the Boardwalk (our favorite)
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean 7 night
Jan 2013 Bay Lake Tower
Jan 2014 Boardwalk
y2khardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
BeccaBelle
Earning My Ears

We have been on 2 Disney cruises (Wonder and Magic) and one Carnival (Elation). It's hard for me to compare. The 2 Disney were family trips while Carnival was just husband and myself. I preferred the food (variety) on Carnival but loved the luxury and ports of Disney. LOVE Castaway Cay! We were booked for the same cruise you just got off of Y2khardtop but postponed till next Oct. Looking forward to your trip report!

4 night Bahamian 3/29/09 - 4/2/09 on Wonder
7-night W. Caribbean 4/2/11 - 4/9/11 on Magic
BeccaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: