Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #3676
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033
I am not going in December but I just went through and randomly checked different dates, including December 25, and they only date that appeared to be full was December 8th. Even Christmas was still showing a 9:00pm reservation time.
I checked Dec 12th an hour after I got my DP ADR.....and it was showing no ressies available
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #3677
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Thank you for the clarification of this point. I had been stating what was told to me through the boards. I'm appreciative of your input! If you don't mind, i'll post this information on the other Dessert Party Thread that's in my signature.
Absolutely! It's all about everyone helping everyone else--it's how we all learn. It's just hard to say in a clear way (at least for me) that is what time you do the booking, not what time you are booked for. I think that is how the information gets misconstrued.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #3678
chikita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I checked Dec 12th an hour after I got my DP ADR.....and it was showing no ressies available
Hi, Just checked 12/12/12 because that is when we are going. It will let me book 15 people.

"You RequestedTomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace CafeDate & Time 12/12/2012 8:00 pm Party Size 15 Guests
We searched from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This restaurant has availability at the following times : "

7:20 PM
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #3679
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was told in the past that they don't replenish the desserts...once they're gone, they're gone. Is there anyone going soon that can clarify this point?
When we were there in May, they replenished and replenished and replenished. When they ran out of one kind of dessert, they added new types of desserts. This went on and on throughout the party. When we were there earlier this week, they replenished a little, but not a lot. They only added as they went on two different desserts than what was there originally. Both parties were fairly booked. I do wonder if they expected crowd level made a difference (from a staffing perspective on what Disney can manage to do) or if the rain on our party this October had an effect.

Two different parties, two different experiences.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #3680
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

I thought i would create a thread that would keep track of who will be going to the Dessert Party. Disboard meets and soforth could be created from this thread

This thread can be found Here

Please post the Day of the party your attending, and the number of people in your party. If you choose to mention the time you made the reservation, and the reservation time, you could do that too .

If you have any other suggestions to make this thread more useful, please mention that too.
There are 2 other threads for the dessert party that are used frequently as well, that can be found on my signature. The first thread is informational concerning the party itself, and the second thread is the ADR watch (this thread you're on now), as to when the party is open for taking reservations; as well as additional information.

Thanks!
Mark aka Hunclemarco

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #3681
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
okay so everyone can enter at the same time? what time would that be? fireworks are at 10 and my reservation is at 9 so how early can I arrive? Also, is it too much food to go to dinner before the wishes party? I have a res. for 430 at via napoli...is that too much food?

We are eating our main meal at Liberty Tree Tavern with a 2:45pm lunch. It is late enough to hold us over until 9. If my son gets hungry we will just stop at Caseys and get a hotdog for me.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #3682
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmb View Post
December 2nd for 2. I know it's during MVMCP, but these are the two things my DH really wants to repeat this trip! Last year was our first holiday season trip to the World, and he really enjoyed the dessert party and MVMCP. I just hope it doesn't rain this year. It poured during the Christmas party we attended last year!

Good luck to everyone trying to get December dates!
Just curious. Since you have to pay for both the party and the dessert party, will you just enter at 4pm so you don't have to use another day's ticket?

I would have loved to do that, but it would have been too expensive for me.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #3683
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I made 2 reservations. I will be canceling one and will include it in canceled ADR December thread. We wanted the 12/30 wishes party but apparently there isn't one. So I had to think fast when choosing a different day. I made 1 reservation for 12/28 @ 9:00pm and 1 for 12/25 @ 9:00pm. So excited. We have never done the dessert party before. I am thinking maybe I should have picked 12/24 as that is my husband's birthday. We are eating at 4:00pm at Fulton's Crab House and we have a rental car so that might be a better idea! Ahhh I always rethink my reservations! Now I have to call back lol!
Here is my opinion, I know you didn't ask, but it works for my family. Keep your DH's birthday separate the day before. The party on Christmas day is really exciting. We did it last year. It's like more icing on the cake. We eat a a late lunch (either The Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern) around 2:45ish. This is for 10pm fireworks, desserts starting at 9pm.

If you get hungry before hand, go light like a hot dog. We did a heavy meal and then the party and really missed out on the desserts.

Have a great holiday!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #3684
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
I was told in the past that they don't replenish the desserts...once they're gone, they're gone. Is there anyone going soon that can clarify this point?
This is not true. I have been 5 or 6 times. They will replenish up to the last 15 and then they consolidate the desserts. Every time I walked away at the end of the night, there was at least some desserts still on the tables.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #3685
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

We got our booking for 9p on Dec. 15th. Since MSEP STARTS at 9p, how is it possible to watch the parade when that is the time they start allowing people into Tomorrowland Terrace? Someone mentioned earlier that it is not the best vantage point to watch the parade. Do we now have to sacrifice MSEP?

I see that the special Christmas parade (held on MVMCP) is 15 minutes before they allow people into TT, and the parade is repeated after the Holiday Wishes fireworks so at least we'll be able to see it.

The timing on the former just doesn't seem right.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #3686
Swoop1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
We got our booking for 9p on Dec. 15th. Since MSEP STARTS at 9p, how is it possible to watch the parade when that is the time they start allowing people into Tomorrowland Terrace? Someone mentioned earlier that it is not the best vantage point to watch the parade. Do we now have to sacrifice MSEP?

I see that the special Christmas parade (held on MVMCP) is 15 minutes before they allow people into TT, and the parade is repeated after the Holiday Wishes fireworks so at least we'll be able to see it.

The timing on the former just doesn't seem right.
You are correct the TT is not the ideal place to see the parade and yes if the parade starts at 9 and the Desert Party starts at 9 you are going to more than likely have to sacrifice the parade that night, that is if you want to go into the party right at 9. We are also booked for the 15th at 9:00pm.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #3687
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

That's what I thought. Oh well, it's not like we've never seen MSEP before and there will be other nights when we can see it. Looking forward to the XMAS parade even more.

My biggest dilemma is when to check out the Osborne lights (wanna do this twice) and seeing the fireworks at MK during our 10 day trip. Too many options...not healthy!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #3688
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Here is my opinion, I know you didn't ask, but it works for my family. Keep your DH's birthday separate the day before. The party on Christmas day is really exciting. We did it last year. It's like more icing on the cake. We eat a a late lunch (either The Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern) around 2:45ish. This is for 10pm fireworks, desserts starting at 9pm.

If you get hungry before hand, go light like a hot dog. We did a heavy meal and then the party and really missed out on the desserts.

Have a great holiday!
Thank you! It is different on Christmas?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #3689
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikita

Hi, Just checked 12/12/12 because that is when we are going. It will let me book 15 people.

"You RequestedTomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace CafeDate & Time 12/12/2012 8:00 pm Party Size 15 Guests
We searched from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This restaurant has availability at the following times : "

7:20 PM
Oh, I bet it's because I only needed a party of 2! I did hear tricks of booking for 2 adults and one baby so you still only pay for 2 people. No biggie as we already have our party booked. I was just curious as to how crowded it was going to be and how close to the rail our table will be
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #3690
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

The 10th is already capacity but I was able to score ADRs for December 13 It's my DH favorite!
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: