DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #76
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We bought AKV without ever seeing it in person. The point chart sold me! The ability to book value through concierge was the best selling point for me!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #77
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

We are in the process of buying an SSR resale and have only seen the resort at the DVC office. We don't really care which resort we stay at. We want to try several of them anyway. We stayed at OKW on rental and loved it. Worst case scenario is that we get "stuck" at OKW again sometime. That is isn't so bad. Disney trips are a luxury for us. Any of the resorts feel like a pampered stay to us. SSR at the moment just makes way too much sense financially. 2054 expiration, cheap price per point, and relatively low annual dues make it pretty clearly the choice for us. I expect to stay there on our next visit, but if we hate it I won't regret the purchase. We'll just stay somewhere else. Should I be worried that every single other resort will be sold out in September at 7 months in advance? Seems unlikely to me.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #78
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93
We are in the process of buying an SSR resale and have only seen the resort at the DVC office. We don't really care which resort we stay at. We want to try several of them anyway. We stayed at OKW on rental and loved it. Worst case scenario is that we get "stuck" at OKW again sometime. That is isn't so bad. Disney trips are a luxury for us. Any of the resorts feel like a pampered stay to us. SSR at the moment just makes way too much sense financially. 2054 expiration, cheap price per point, and relatively low annual dues make it pretty clearly the choice for us. I expect to stay there on our next visit, but if we hate it I won't regret the purchase. We'll just stay somewhere else. Should I be worried that every single other resort will be sold out in September at 7 months in advance? Seems unlikely to me.
September, I think you are pretty good for being able to stay at any of several different resorts at 7 months out. If you wanted to travel in October, November or December, you should be happy staying at your home resort!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #79
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
The more you vacation at WDW, the more you will decide which resorts are your favorite. After around 12 stays we knew that BWV, Boardwalk view was our home and we have stayed at every resort, every view. If we didn't own there getting our room at 7 months could be a challenge. We have seen the 7th month competition increase each year as new members are added to the system. HH, VB, and now Aulani owners love to stay at WDW.

WDW has changed a lot since we first starting going there. Between 2003 and 2006 DVC gained 270,000 members so who knows what can happen in the future.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #80
cpfd910
Disney Veteran

Purchased SSR 200

closed on SSR in july 336 points to use from 2010 and banked 2011 at 60 days out booked 2 bedroom at AKV Kidani for Sept 13th 5 nights and 1 bedroom at BWV feb 17th until 24th 2013 still have 144 left for 2012 use year and all 2013 and did not wait list any of those resorts will be stayng at SSR Christmas 2013 and wait list either Disneyland or Hawaii
cpfd910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: