Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #46
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
I would write a note to the teacher asking if it is okay to bring the Nutella to school as a snack? I would say that your son seems to think that other children are bringing it and that you wanted to make sure that it was okay before sending it with him.

The teacher's answer will settle the matter and it will put her on alert that there may be other children taking it to school as a snack.
Thanks everyone for the considerate advice. I just sent the teacher an email with this phrasing, basically. I'll let you know how it turns out. I don't want to be "that parent" or seem like I'm ratting kids out, but I am concerned about whether the teacher is actually paying attention to what is going on in her class. (The Nutella situation is not the first thing.) Of course the safety of classmates is important as well. I appreciate all the suggestions.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #47
Dee77
DIS Veteran
 
Dee77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orange County NY
Posts: 2,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Thanks everyone for the considerate advice. I just sent the teacher an email with this phrasing, basically. I'll let you know how it turns out. I don't want to be "that parent" or seem like I'm ratting kids out, but I am concerned about whether the teacher is actually paying attention to what is going on in her class. (The Nutella situation is not the first thing.) Of course the safety of classmates is important as well. I appreciate all the suggestions.
So what happened?
__________________



Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #48
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,750

Any updates?
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #49
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,478

Thanks for the reminder! I emailed and she said she would keep an eye out. Very easy. My son hasn't seen it since. Thanks for the advice!

Exchange:


No, Nutella is not supposed to be eaten in the classroom as we're an "Allergy Alert" room. I was not aware that other students were bringing it for snack, but will be on the lookout from now on. He can bring it for lunch.

-----Original Message-----
From: me
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:03 PM
To: teacher
Subject: Question regarding snack - Nutella

Dear teacher,

Is it okay to bring Nutella to the classroom as a snack? It has hazelnuts. Snowflake seems to think other children are bringing it and I wanted to check with you before sending it with him.

Thanks very much,

Me
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #50
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,750

See, easy peasy. I love email. I miss the days of simple issues.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #51
Dee77
DIS Veteran
 
Dee77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orange County NY
Posts: 2,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I emailed and she said she would keep an eye out. Very easy. My son hasn't seen it since. Thanks for the advice!

Exchange:


No, Nutella is not supposed to be eaten in the classroom as we're an "Allergy Alert" room. I was not aware that other students were bringing it for snack, but will be on the lookout from now on. He can bring it for lunch.

-----Original Message-----
From: me
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:03 PM
To: teacher
Subject: Question regarding snack - Nutella

Dear teacher,

Is it okay to bring Nutella to the classroom as a snack? It has hazelnuts. Snowflake seems to think other children are bringing it and I wanted to check with you before sending it with him.

Thanks very much,

Me
Wow- she had no idea that kid(s) were bringing in a nut product for snack, several times at that and yet other children picked up on it. I think I would have some serious doubts about her but then again I am the parent of a nut allergic child.
__________________



Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #52
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
Wow- she had no idea that kid(s) were bringing in a nut product for snack, several times at that and yet other children picked up on it. I think I would have some serious doubts about her but then again I am the parent of a nut allergic child.
Yeah, isn't that nuts? (no pun intended.) Like, for the first few weeks of school wouldn't you be walking around the class to make sure everyone understands the rule and is complying with it?
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.