Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

In 2008 it was 80+ degrees the weekend after Thanksgiving. I remember sitting with my margarita outside at the Cantina in Epcot, on the phone with my friend who was preparing to go to a football game in Ohio in 20 degree blizzard weather. We will be there Dec 1-4 this year...hoping for the same!!

July 2014: VGF/BWV split stay
Jan. 2014: AKL-KV- 1st DVC stay
2013- Purchase DVC
Dec. 2012: Swan- 1st family trip!; Dec. 2006: Dolphin; Feb. 2003: WL/ BWV; Feb. 2001: All Star Music

Many previous trips prior to meeting each other!
guppy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
erisgirl44
Earning My Ears

In 2009, we went at the end of Nov. Everyone wore pants and t-shirts. At night, there were times that a light jacket or hoodie was needed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

Last year it was mild at that time. We had shorts and t-shirts on most of the trip. Got chilly a couple nights, but that was it.

I've been told (from the DIS) that it varies so pack a little of everything.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Missytara
I'm all ears!

There is no way to predict the weather this far in advance.

In addition, you are asking a very subjective question. What is hot or cold to you, may not be the same to me.

Best to check the weather forecast about two days before you leave and then pack accordingly, with layers that can be easily removed during the day and put back on the evening if it gets chilly.

Florida is part of the Atlantic, not the Caribbean, where there is a small range of temperatures that it hardly varies.

I have been the week after Thanksgiving almost every year since 2000 and the weather has never been the same twice.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Maybe I'll pack for warm weather then buy heavier clothes if needed. Any excuse to buy more Disney gear, right?

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
Is it still shorts and T-shirt weather in late Nov - early Dec at WDW? We are coming from NY where it will usually be around the 40-ish degree mark. Will 75 degrees in Florida feel like the surface of the sun to us?

I just don't know how to prepare. My original plan was to pack like we do for a summer trip, just light shirts and shorts, then have each of us take a sweatshirt and maybe some light pants, etc. Maybe it would be easier to just buy something at the resort (Contemporary) if we need it?!?
I'd bring a little of everything if I were you (shorts, long pants, short sleeves, long sleeves - even a warm jacket and gloves!). Weather in Florida can be pretty unpredictable, especially that time of year. In a one-week trip, you can get really warm weather and really cool weather!

I went to WDW for about 11 days in early October one year. I packed my clothes based on the first week's weather forecast (very hot and humid, 90-plus degrees each day for the first week). Well, about seven days into my trip, a cold front swung through. I only had one pair of warm long pants, no socks (just sandals), and one sweatshirt. It was quite breezy, and I was pretty darn cold! What I wouldn't have given for a pair of knee socks and gloves! Since I was so close to the end of my trip, I couldn't bring myself to pay WDW prices for warmer clothes (seems like Disney stuff is twice as expensive as things you'd buy at home!), so I just layered as best as I could, and toughed it out. But now I bring at least one change of clothes for colder weather, just in case. I'd rather have it, and not need it, than be sorry I didn't bring the warm clothes.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
I'd bring a little of everything if I were you (shorts, long pants, short sleeves, long sleeves - even a warm jacket and gloves!). Weather in Florida can be pretty unpredictable, especially that time of year. In a one-week trip, you can get really warm weather and really cool weather!
This. It can be in the 30 and in the 80s in the same week. It all depends and when cold fronts roll through and how severe they are. Bring layers and shorts and short sleeves. We bring lightweight thermals, fleece jackets, and windbreakers in addition to shorts. That covers pretty much everything.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #23
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

I don't believe the forecasts - except for the daily one. A cold front can come in all of a sudden or take longer in arriving. Through experience I learned to pack for all kinds of weather. If I tend to pack for warmer temps, invariably there will be a cold front. If I pack for cooler weather, the temps will be extemely high.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

Socks!! We've been to WDW in Nov and have experienced all kinds of weather. While we were able to pick up sweatshirts, etc we could never find warm enough socks. We could find these cute little decorative things.....but I hate it when my feet get cold!! Now I always bring a pair of socks for everyone. They usually go home clean, but when we need them.....we've got them!
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: