Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #826
ctniners
Earning My Ears
 
ctniners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 74

Wow...we didnt know about the current offer for the room discount being available until late october...thats another bummer...everything is looking like free dinning or room discounts for January will not be happening for 2013...very disappointing...still holding on some hope but fading slowly
__________________
ctniners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #827
loveshak22
DIS Veteran
 
loveshak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctniners View Post
Wow...we didnt know about the current offer for the room discount being available until late october...thats another bummer...everything is looking like free dinning or room discounts for January will not be happening for 2013...very disappointing...still holding on some hope but fading slowly
I really think something will be offered. I just think they are trying to fill rooms for the end of this year. Something will come out...
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #828
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer
 
ButterflyJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I really think something will be offered. I just think they are trying to fill rooms for the end of this year. Something will come out...
I agree...it's just taking FOREVER!!!!
__________________
Me DH DD10 DD7

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #829
redoschi
Mouseketeer
 
redoschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
I agree...it's just taking FOREVER!!!!
All this waiting is killing me!

The package is booked and we will go to WDW (coming from Brazil, if we hadn't booked plane tickets by now their prices would have skyrocketed! ), but we're on a budget and FD will mean the difference to allow us to save some money on food and spend that on souvenirs and a few select Table service locations (we'll be at Pop so its QSDP if FD is offered!)
__________________

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site


WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #830
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 683

LOL! I have been following this thread for awhile, but just realized I never added my dates to the list. Mark me down for arriving 12/28 and staying until 1/6. This will be our first trip over the holidays and first trip to WBC. We are so excited.
We are a larger group for this trip. Staying with me at Wyndham Bonnet Creek will be me, DH, DD9, DS6, DM, DF, DB, DSIL, DNiece 9 mo.. We will be in a 3 bedroom presidential. Other DB, DSIL, Dniece 3 and Dnephew 5 will be staying at CBR.

Must dos for this trip are:
Get to MK on 12/28 evening so that I can see the Castle lighting.

Go to DHS for NYE, see Osbourn Lights, Fantasmic (in all of the years that we have gone to WDW, I have never seen it), and Disney Jr Dance Party

Go to EP for Candlelight Processional.

Visit the resorts to see the Christmas decorations before they take them down.

See Yee Haw Bob at POR.

This is a trip packed with ADRs because we are traveling with my dad and he has to have a sit down meal everyday.
Here is what we have planned:

12/29 My dad and Dh are playing golf in the AM so my mom and I are taking DD and DS to Supercalifragilistic breakfast to celebrate belated bday for DD. (She decided that since her bday is in December that was close enough to celebrate at Disney)
Dinner at T-rex with all 13 of us.

12/30 Go to Epcot. Candlelight Processional Package, dinner at Garden Grill (all 13 of us)

12/31 Go to DHS. Dinner at 50s PT (all 13 of us, but we assume that we will be split into smaller groups)

1/1 Go to MK. At mid-day, DH and I, DD9, DS, and DN 9 mo will return to the condo for a nap and rest the rest of the day. DF, DM, and the rest will go to HDDR for the 4 PM show. We went recently and thought it best to give our kids the nite off and offered to babysit the little one. This is the last day that DB, DSIL, DN5, DN3 will be there. They leave 1/2.

1/2 Go to DHS. Dinner at Boatwwright's for the remaining 9 of us and then see YeeHaw Bob.

1/3 Go to Epcot. Dinner at Le Cellier at 7:40 for 9 of us. (yes, I was just as shocked as you that I was able to get this reservation )

1/4 Go to AK. Lunch at Yak & Yeti

1/5 Go to MK. Lunch at Crystal Palace (This one is especially for DSIL and Dniece 9 mo). Dinner at Plaza.

I am so excited that I am double digits already even if it does seem far away!

Since we are staying offsite I am not watching the discounts for January as closely, but I am crossing my fingers for all of you. I am also hoping for good weather. The last time we went in January was when DH and I got engaged and it was so cold all week that we were wearing gloves. ( I remember this because I had to keep taking them off to admire my ring)
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #831
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner

Is this your first time renting points. We did that in November. Be warned because of staying at BLT we bought a resale contract in February. I hope you love it there as much as we do.
We have never stayed at WL, someday we will have to give it a try. Since we have a double stroller being able to avoid the buses are priceless for us now. Once we are done with stroller age our options will open up.
__________________
DW-me, DH, DD-7, DS-3

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #832
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
LOL! I have been following this thread for awhile, but just realized I never added my dates to the list. Mark me down for arriving 12/28 and staying until 1/6. This will be our first trip over the holidays and first trip to WBC. We are so excited.
We are a larger group for this trip. Staying with me at Wyndham Bonnet Creek will be me, DH, DD9, DS6, DM, DF, DB, DSIL, DNiece 9 mo.. We will be in a 3 bedroom presidential. Other DB, DSIL, Dniece 3 and Dnephew 5 will be staying at CBR.

Must dos for this trip are:
Get to MK on 12/28 evening so that I can see the Castle lighting.

Go to DHS for NYE, see Osbourn Lights, Fantasmic (in all of the years that we have gone to WDW, I have never seen it), and Disney Jr Dance Party

Go to EP for Candlelight Processional.

Visit the resorts to see the Christmas decorations before they take them down.

See Yee Haw Bob at POR.

This is a trip packed with ADRs because we are traveling with my dad and he has to have a sit down meal everyday.
Here is what we have planned:

12/29 My dad and Dh are playing golf in the AM so my mom and I are taking DD and DS to Supercalifragilistic breakfast to celebrate belated bday for DD. (She decided that since her bday is in December that was close enough to celebrate at Disney)
Dinner at T-rex with all 13 of us.

12/30 Go to Epcot. Candlelight Processional Package, dinner at Garden Grill (all 13 of us)

12/31 Go to DHS. Dinner at 50s PT (all 13 of us, but we assume that we will be split into smaller groups)

1/1 Go to MK. At mid-day, DH and I, DD9, DS, and DN 9 mo will return to the condo for a nap and rest the rest of the day. DF, DM, and the rest will go to HDDR for the 4 PM show. We went recently and thought it best to give our kids the nite off and offered to babysit the little one. This is the last day that DB, DSIL, DN5, DN3 will be there. They leave 1/2.

1/2 Go to DHS. Dinner at Boatwwright's for the remaining 9 of us and then see YeeHaw Bob.

1/3 Go to Epcot. Dinner at Le Cellier at 7:40 for 9 of us. (yes, I was just as shocked as you that I was able to get this reservation )

1/4 Go to AK. Lunch at Yak & Yeti

1/5 Go to MK. Lunch at Crystal Palace (This one is especially for DSIL and Dniece 9 mo). Dinner at Plaza.

I am so excited that I am double digits already even if it does seem far away!

Since we are staying offsite I am not watching the discounts for January as closely, but I am crossing my fingers for all of you. I am also hoping for good weather. The last time we went in January was when DH and I got engaged and it was so cold all week that we were wearing gloves. ( I remember this because I had to keep taking them off to admire my ring)
& added
Sounds like it's going to be a great trip!! Are y'all going to do matching shirts for any of it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We have never stayed at WL, someday we will have to give it a try. Since we have a double stroller being able to avoid the buses are priceless for us now. Once we are done with stroller age our options will open up.
We stayed at the WL on our October 2006 trip and we fell in love with it. My other favorite vacation spot is Estes Park, CO. The WL made me feel like I was getting the mountains and WDW in one trip. Our DSs loved the boats, especially the ones they called the "Willy Wonka" boats".
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #833
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 683

I have to do some serious thinking about the matching shirt idea.... Might be fun for NYE, for sure.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #834
marshallsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner

We have never stayed at WL, someday we will have to give it a try. Since we have a double stroller being able to avoid the buses are priceless for us now. Once we are done with stroller age our options will open up.
That is exactly why we picked BLT this trip! We will only have a single stroller but still wanted the ease of transportation for our first trip with the little one! We r from MN so the WL seems like home to us! I am really excited to try BLT we have lake view so I can't wait to watch the electric water parade every night! I fell in love with it while sitting on the deck of our room last trip!
marshallsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #835
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added
Our DSs loved the boats, especially the ones they called the "Willy Wonka" boats".
Too Funny, I never thought about the boats looking like "Willy Wonka Boats" That is a great way to describe them.

I can't believe I down in the double digits until our January trip, that should be happening for all of us soon.
__________________
DW-me, DH, DD-7, DS-3

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #836
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallsmommy View Post
That is exactly why we picked BLT this trip! We will only have a single stroller but still wanted the ease of transportation for our first trip with the little one! We r from MN so the WL seems like home to us! I am really excited to try BLT we have lake view so I can't wait to watch the electric water parade every night! I fell in love with it while sitting on the deck of our room last trip!
YOu definatley made the best choice with BLT and the ease of transportation. That is the whole reason we bought into BLT this year.
__________________
DW-me, DH, DD-7, DS-3

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #837
Spunky946
DIS Veteran
 
Spunky946's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 855

Just booked with the Chase discount. Room only. I got 35% of a studio suite at AKV. January 19-27th. So excited.

I'm making dining reservations as we speak. My ticker says 107 days.
Spunky946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #838
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer
 
ButterflyJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
Just booked with the Chase discount. Room only. I got 35% of a studio suite at AKV. January 19-27th. So excited.

I'm making dining reservations as we speak. My ticker says 107 days.
Chase discount?? Where did you see that??
__________________
Me DH DD10 DD7

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #839
jenniferma
DIS Veteran
 
jenniferma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Chase discount?? Where did you see that??
Here you go!


http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002441
__________________
Offsite 84, CBR 90, Offsite 04/02, Offsite 12/04, POR 5/06, CBR 12/08, GF 10/10, POLY 1/13, CR 10/14

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #840
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Chase discount?? Where did you see that??
It's for Disney VISA cardholders. Opens to the public next week.

For AoA Family Suites the discount is only 15%, but better than the AAA rate I had booked previously.

I seriously thought about switching to a deluxe but my family (and I) are really looking forward to the new resort... and DH wants separate room for the girls!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: