Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #166
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Sure, and some kids run from school to fencing practice or whatever, and don't get home until dinner. As you say, that's the individual deal, not the school's to assume every kid needs more than 1/3 of the day's calories from lunch, which is what the new menus are meant to provide.

If a kid is in that position, they should pack something to eat. Many of the people in the thread, however, have said their kids eat lunch at school and come home and eat three hours later.

Yep. I believe food is an individual need and choice. Which is why I don't care what they do as long as my kid is allowed to bring his own food.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #167
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Bring on the mutiny then. My DS will eat me out of house and home if I let him now. Not all children listen to their own cues. As I mentioned, fruit and veggies are unlimited but everything else is limited. If they are hungry they can get all the fruits and veggies they want. All kids are different. So far it has worked great. I am very good with feeding a well balanced meal though.
I really like your approach to health eating and might steal it for when i have children someday. I feel like your approach helps teach children to listen to their bodies and not just eat all day because things taste good (not that fruit and veggies dont...lol). If they are truly hungry they will eat the fruit and veg, if they turn it down and request chips they obviously arent really hungry. Thanks for the suggestion

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #168
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600 View Post
I really like your approach to health eating and might steal it for when i have children someday. I feel like your approach helps teach children to listen to their bodies and not just eat all day because things taste good (not that fruit and veggies dont...lol). If they are truly hungry they will eat the fruit and veg, if they turn it down and request chips they obviously arent really hungry. Thanks for the suggestion
Thank you. That's very nice. Part of it is because I learned the hard way. I was always rewarded with food as a kid and paid a price for it. A saying I learned in Weight Watchers that I share with my family is that we "eat to live not live to eat".
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #169
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

DS always took his lunch and probably still would. That solves the problem of the garbage that the schools served.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: