Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I worked as a Customer Service Supervisor for many years and any service provided as a courtesy to a guest/patron when taken away falls into what I see as a decline in customer service. I do agree it is all about the "almighty dollar" and cut backs in personnel not a problem only with Disney but everywhere do to the economy.
But WDW isn't removing a service offered as a courtesy. Guests can still rent mobility devices from offsite vendors. Guests have choices:
Rent from a partner vendor so the device will be waiting no matter what time of day or night the guest arrives;
Rent from a non-partner vendor willing to meet the guest at/near resort arrival time;
Rent from a non-partner vendor and coordinate one's arrival time with the vendor's delivery schedule:
Rent from a combination: one night from a partner, remainder of trip from one's own preferred company.

I can see why Disney wouldn't want to get involved in charging individual guests. As the OP said, the list is evolving; this is actually an issue between the companies; Bell Services isn't able to process payments (and coordinating the charge with the guests room would be difficult) and charges for shipments are at conference resorts/through shipping...
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: