Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Historical dates for Free Dining?????

What is the history on free dining dates? It lookes like they are still releasing one every quarter but I can't keep up with the dates. I've searched but been unable to find the info. We are projecting going at the end of May 2013. Has this been a "free dining" time in the past?

Thanks!!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
What is the history on free dining dates? It lookes like they are still releasing one every quarter but I can't keep up with the dates. I've searched but been unable to find the info. We are projecting going at the end of May 2013. Has this been a "free dining" time in the past?

Thanks!!!!
Here is the link to mousesavers data. I didn't look through it all, but hopefully it will help you out!
http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Here is the link to mousesavers data. I didn't look through it all, but hopefully it will help you out!
http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/
Keep in mind that the Mousesavers data does not list the blackout dates for each promo. It is a good guide for when the promos are released, though. I believe FD for May is generally by PIN code only.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Keep in mind that the Mousesavers data does not list the blackout dates for each promo. It is a good guide for when the promos are released, though. I believe FD for May is generally by PIN code only.
yes, thanks for pointing that out! I figured it would give her a good starting point.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
princess-rn

Thanks so much!!!!! This is exactly what I needed! I wish they would do the 7 days for the price of 4 promo again. We took advantage of that one way back!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

We had free dinning May of 2011. The last week of May. I am hoping for it again this year.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

thanks for that link.....

Traditionally by now they have offered free dining for Jan 1- Feb 1....this has been issued by this time in August....does that mean they won't be having that this year or is it possibly going to be offered later? I just made my reservations today and there was no free dining but she said it would be easy to change it if it is offered?????

Does anyone know if this is a possibility? It would save us a HUGE amount of money!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
thanks for that link.....

Traditionally by now they have offered free dining for Jan 1- Feb 1....this has been issued by this time in August....does that mean they won't be having that this year or is it possibly going to be offered later? I just made my reservations today and there was no free dining but she said it would be easy to change it if it is offered?????

Does anyone know if this is a possibility? It would save us a HUGE amount of money!
Last year's release was a surprise. It was way earlier than usual. I expect the Jan-March FD to come out anytime between Sept-Nov. Hang in there!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
TenKeyThunder
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Last year's release was a surprise. It was way earlier than usual. I expect the Jan-March FD to come out anytime between Sept-Nov. Hang in there!
thanks for this... I was looking at booking last week January and was wondering the same thing
TenKeyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

Quote:
Thanks! I booked with a friend who is a travel agent and she can change anything if a deal comes available....just wish they would hurry up already!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
princess-rn

Thanks for all the info guys! I just booked TODAY!!!! We are headed back to our Disney Home May 25-June 1st. Praying for Star Wars Weekends and Free dining!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
We had free dinning May of 2011. The last week of May. I am hoping for it again this year.
Do you by any chance remember the dates the offer became available and was it avaiable the third week in May.Thanks, planning our first family trip and feeling nervous that the minute I book I am going to think I should have picked different dates.
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe FD for May is generally by PIN code only.
How do you get a pin?The last time I was in disney was a mini honeymoon almost 16 years ago and now I'm planning a 9 night trip with dh and our boys(6&10)
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
Do you by any chance remember the dates the offer became available and was it avaiable the third week in May.Thanks, planning our first family trip and feeling nervous that the minute I book I am going to think I should have picked different dates.
I think it was the last week of May. We went part of that last week through the first week of June.

I was shocked that they did offer it that week though, b/c usually there doesn't seem to be deals during that time period.

I'm not holding my breath for it again this year, but it would be nice.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: