Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #1456
zy144622
Mouseketeer

You could bring a couple pieces of cute ribbon for the girls mugs.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #1457
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjuce View Post
I have 5 people in my family and we are going to be on the DDP so...5 mugs.
It looks like they only have 3 diffent color lids/handles. I am afraid of the whose mug is who's debate. I unfortunately do not own a sign shop with industrial strength vinyl stickers and kinda don't want to 'mess up' my disney mugs with sharpie. Any ideas on how to tell what mug belongs to who?
Lots of people switch lids. You could have 3 people with matching lids and handles and have two people switch lids and they would have opposite colors.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #1458
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjuce
It looks like they only have 3 diffent color lids/handles. I am afraid of the whose mug is who's debate. I unfortunately do not own a sign shop with industrial strength vinyl stickers and kinda don't want to 'mess up' my disney mugs with sharpie. Any ideas on how to tell what mug belongs to who?
Carabiner clips in different colors. We use them not to tell the mugs apart but to clip them to our backpacks.

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #1459
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's easy, switch tops, i.e. black handle pink top, black handle black top, etc.
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #1460
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Pipe-cleaners twisted onto the handles you can even add the letter beads to put names/nick names/initials onto the cups

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #1461
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

ok, with all the colors that have been out over the past few years, do you think if I brought down the lids from the old ones(other colors-we have 6 of us and I also have stickers to help tell them apart). we have FD this year so we will have 6 more cups.....hoping for the new design-we have the red-yellow-black bold cups as well as the xmas year when they were silver and blues......my kids are just hoping that they wont all be xmas themed so they wont have to see me using a xmas mug in the summer! that is just one of those things that embarrass my DD....kinda fun to do at times! I know we have yellow, black, red, blue lids.....any thoughts?

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #1462
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
ok, with all the colors that have been out over the past few years, do you think if I brought down the lids from the old ones(other colors-we have 6 of us and I also have stickers to help tell them apart). we have FD this year so we will have 6 more cups.....hoping for the new design-we have the red-yellow-black bold cups as well as the xmas year when they were silver and blues......my kids are just hoping that they wont all be xmas themed so they wont have to see me using a xmas mug in the summer! that is just one of those things that embarrass my DD....kinda fun to do at times! I know we have yellow, black, red, blue lids.....any thoughts?
Are you asking if you can use the different colored lids from your old mugs during your next visit? I don't think that would be a problem. You might have some busybody look at you funny but no Cast Member will bother you. Heck, when we were at POR last month I saw a big family using the original All Star mugs, the fat ones with the big star. Nobody said a word to them. I think your lids will be OK.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #1463
smidgy
dimples

agreeing here with epcotbill. that is a GREAT! idea! and no where near breaking any rules. (even though some "barney fife" might be a stickler)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #1464
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Are you asking if you can use the different colored lids from your old mugs during your next visit? I don't think that would be a problem. You might have some busybody look at you funny but no Cast Member will bother you. Heck, when we were at POR last month I saw a big family using the original All Star mugs, the fat ones with the big star. Nobody said a word to them. I think your lids will be OK.
Oh my.....I have those big fat all star mugs in the closet! Yes I was asking if they would have a problem if we changed out the lids if the colors arent the same....I also have plastic stickers that we use for baseball helmets that I thought I would add and use them if we need to.....I like to keep track of the mugs, not so much so they dont use eachothers as it is to see who isnt picking up and leaves them laying around! Iknow from reading these boards, we prob. have some of the lifetime mugs, but really?....we use them as part of the souveniers and not with FD, they get them free!.....really cant wait and now I just have to start packing and sorting the odds and ends!

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #1465
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Write the names on the bottom of the cup with a sharpie that way you didn't "mess up" your new cup.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1466
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaseewalker View Post
Write the names on the bottom of the cup with a sharpie that way you didn't "mess up" your new cup.
I think for our group of 25 I'm going to do a craft store run and get a light weight wire and a bag of Alphabet beads with what ever I have for other beads and we will make name / Initial rings for the handles as a way of knowing who's who...

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #1467
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

Is the picture in the first post in this tread really the new mugs? It looks like a boring version of one of the mugs from a few years ago. I was hoping for something a bit more interesting as these become my driving mugs for a year! Oh well.
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1468
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post
Is the picture in the first post in this tread really the new mugs? It looks like a boring version of one of the mugs from a few years ago. I was hoping for something a bit more interesting as these become my driving mugs for a year! Oh well.
No, that's not the current mug. You can find pics of the current mugs on page 91.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #1469
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

PHEW....those were just kind of ugly
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #1470
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!

Just a quick question, we will be arriving the day after Thanksgiving. Will we be getting these summer looking mugs or is there hope for a holiday version?
Thanks,
Lisa
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: