Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
runnergirl97
Earning My Ears

Have any of you guys brought a friend to Disney world?

Last edited by runnergirl97; 08-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.
runnergirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Orreed
Olivia

Disney with friends is so much fun! My situation was a little different but very similar. My family met up with families from their past.The first couple days I was mainly with (I was 12 at the time) a 11 year old boy, 13 year old girl, and a 16 year old boy. I had never been with these people before but we had a blast!! Disney is WAY more fun with friends. The great thing too is I only asked if they had any suggestions and they never did and always agreed to what I wanted to do. Usually in the morning all the families would be together and the kids would hang out in the afternoon. It was awesome! What I would suggest bringing a friend just making sure she is someone good to take. Do you like the same rides? Is this person go with flow? Do you share interests. I would do a trail run at a local Six Flags. Like for example I am hoping to take my good friend to my upcoming Disney and Universal trip. She will ride anything. She likes Disney, not as much as me, but still likes it a lot. And we are both Marvel nerds so we can geek out at Super Hero Island. Bringing a friend can be magical!
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
runnergirl97
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed
Disney with friends is so much fun! My situation was a little different but very similar. My family met up with families from their past.The first couple days I was mainly with (I was 12 at the time) a 11 year old boy, 13 year old girl, and a 16 year old boy. I had never been with these people before but we had a blast!! Disney is WAY more fun with friends. The great thing too is I only asked if they had any suggestions and they never did and always agreed to what I wanted to do. Usually in the morning all the families would be together and the kids would hang out in the afternoon. It was awesome! What I would suggest bringing a friend just making sure she is someone good to take. Do you like the same rides? Is this person go with flow? Do you share interests. I would do a trail run at a local Six Flags. Like for example I am hoping to take my good friend to my upcoming Disney and Universal trip. She will ride anything. She likes Disney, not as much as me, but still likes it a lot. And we are both Marvel nerds so we can geek out at Super Hero Island. Bringing a friend can be magical!
Thanks! I will definitely consider bringing a close friend on our next trip(:
runnergirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
CowboyErin

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly...
Happiness is a warm puppy

Yup! My mom's best friend has come to Disney World the past 2 times with us and she's coming with us again in December. Her daughter is a very good friend of mine and we love doing stuff in the park together. They always let us go to parks alone so we can just do what we want (since we're both almost 18). We have an awesome time and we have very similar tastes in rides and such so there's no disagreement over what to do. I'd definitely recommend taking a friend, it's a lot of fun.

CowboyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
diskar2
Mouseketeer

We usually go with another family but they only have two kids my little brother and sisters ages but we all get along and hang out and have fun. Last spring break I brought a friend with us and I had a bad experience we didn't not get along the most of the time and it just ruined the trip.
if you are going to bring a friend just make sure it is your best friend that you always get along with and you've seen ever side of, otherwise its not worth it.

diskar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

I have never brought a friend to Disney. I have been to Niagra Falls with friends. I didn't have a fun time because we were not best friends and would not listen to my suggestions on what to do and ended up doing everything they wanted to do. When the chance to go to Hersey Park together I refused to go because of my horrible experience with them.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113 View Post
I have never brought a friend to Disney. I have been to Niagra Falls with friends. I didn't have a fun time because we were not best friends and would not listen to my suggestions on what to do and ended up doing everything they wanted to do. When the chance to go to Hersey Park together I refused to go because of my horrible experience with them.

Icky! Same thing happened to me when I went to New York City and D.C. Ruins the trip You just have to be really careful who you bring. I am sorry you had this experience.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Taylor_moonwalker
Unbirthday girl

Location: my body's in Georgia, but my mind is always in Disney World

I took a friend with me to Disney for my 16th birthday and totally regretted it. She complained almost the entire time and wanted to go back to the hotel after about 4 hours at the parks. It was pretty stressful. She started crying because she was hot...she's 17...so yeah. After the trip, she said she had mono, that's why she felt so bad. I could tell she was acting the entire time. What her problem was i don't know. All i know is that i can't wait for my redo trip in November. We left her behind on the last day because she said she felt like she "got hit by a bus". It was the best day of the entire vacation. So the moral of the story is, be careful who you take. I've been with family friends and it was just fine so it's not always bad.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day
Taylor_moonwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
hlizard
Earning My Ears

Yes, Well Kinda.

Last year Me, my mom, my best friend and her mom all went to Disney together. As a mother daughter trip. It was sooo much fun.
hlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
stitchluver
Earning My Ears

This January I brought a friend for my 14th birthday and my sister brought a friend for her 16th. Our birthdays our 2days and 2years apart so we usually celebrate together and what better way to celebrate her 16 then at disneyland
stitchluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
bballermegz30
country girl:)

The first time I went to WDW, my friends family and mine went together. That was in '06, we went for the Halloween Party I went last January and brought my best friend. At that time we didn't know, but she ended up moving in June. I'm glad I took that trip with her. We are so much closer now and the memories we made were amazing. I definitely suggest bringing a friend. It makes the trip that much more amazing
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
stitch'sgrl101
"Please stand clear of the doors, Por Favor Mantengase. Alejado de las Puertas"

IDK if really close cousins count, but we leave tomorrow.And then my really close friend is coming for a week!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
DisneyWriter627
Mouseketeer

In January of this year, my friend's parents went to a convention at the Grand Floridian. My friend invited another friend of mine and me up to stay at the Grand Floridian for the long weekend and go to the parks. It was one of the best trips ever. I had so much fun with my friends, getting to share everything I love with them and creating new memories... it was great. In December, my school performed at Disney's Candlelight and I got to spend a day in Magic Kingdom with some of my friends. They called me their tour guide, haha. Despite them playfully making fun of me, we did have a lot of fun. I highly recommend a trip with friends if you can!
DisneyWriter627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
wdwtwins
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Always wanted to!

I wanted to get a couple of moms and like 10 people to go on a Disney trip close to the last day of school or during spring break! But I'm afraid of drama and other things that wouldn't make it any fun? Any suggestions? I think it would be so much fun though!

wdwtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
Mickeyismyname143
Earning My Ears

I have a huge problem!!! My 2 best friends are sisters! I just found out I could invite one! If both come its going to be more expensive! I don't know what to do! There are a lot of possibilities that both can go for less money but its a lot of what ifs and problems. I am closer to one though but I am still close to the other and I don't want her to be mad. Please, any advice?
Mickeyismyname143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: