Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #166
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I was quite pleased with how the more recent 360-degree panoramas came out, especially after I colour-corrected them to make them brighter and warmer, so I thought I'd re-do some of the older panorama images that I did a few years ago to see if I could improve them. I think the results are literally "night and day" but let me know what you think of this Ol' Man Island view:

New: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...67-pano360.swf (or HQ version to download HERE)

Versus old: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...ano360_old.swf

[May need to wait for caches to update as both are showing as the old version at the moment, HQ version is fine though]

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-04-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #167
jwmoss
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Hi everyone, looking for some encouragement. We booked bouncebook for Riverside next year and we have never stayed here. We have stayed twice at CS and the rest of our stays have been at Pop. We now need to stay at Riverside because there are 5 of us. I'm really worried I won't like this resort. I hear the walks to the bus stop and the main buildings are far. Can anyone give me some great pros of this resort?
We stayed here last December and had a great time. Yes, the walks to and from the bus stop seemed long, but it might have been because I was getting sick. (ended up with the flu on our 4th day - total bummer) But over all, it's a gorgeous resort!
Hope your stay is wonderful!
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #168
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Just did online check in! YAY!

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #169
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Just did online check in! YAY!
So jealous!!!! I hope you have a great time!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #170
keypooh90
Lovatic

So, I've read through the FAQ, but need opinions. We will most likely be at POR in December. My mom has mobility issues and so we need to be as close to the bridge that connects to the main building/lobby as possible.

What would be recommendations for requests?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #171
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Hi everyone, looking for some encouragement. We booked bouncebook for Riverside next year and we have never stayed here. We have stayed twice at CS and the rest of our stays have been at Pop. We now need to stay at Riverside because there are 5 of us. I'm really worried I won't like this resort. I hear the walks to the bus stop and the main buildings are far. Can anyone give me some great pros of this resort?
I notice this since I am an architect, but the advantage of the layout of POR compared to the other mods is more round, so everything seems to be in a fairly easy, leisurely walking distance. CSR and CBR are a bit more elongated in shape.

When you use the perimeter bus stops, once you get off the sidewalk and under the canopy of the walkway above at the buildings, you are walking in the shade.

The water taxi to DTD cannot be beat; especially if you plan on ending your day at a resort for dinner or some other activity. All the resorts have a DTD bus, and the bus service is pretty good through the evening (they are not deadheading buses, like they do in the morning). So you can take the bus to the DTD hub and you will be able to see the top of the volcano at RFC, which is right next to the boat dock at Marketplace. The water taxis run every ten minutes after 4 pm, so it is a safe bet, you won't be waiting long for a ride back to the resort.

There is wonderful entertainment at the resort - Yee-hah Bob - Wednesday through Saturday.

The marina is beautiful; there is also pole fishing, surrey bikes, carriage rides, etc.

Plenty to do; you won't be bored.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #172
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
So, I've read through the FAQ, but need opinions. We will most likely be at POR in December. My mom has mobility issues and so we need to be as close to the bridge that connects to the main building/lobby as possible.

What would be recommendations for requests?
You didn't say which category you booked; so I just included them all. The map is on the first page of this thread.

If you are booked preferred, you will be guaranteed to be closest to the Food Court side of the main building.

Riverview rooms in the mansions are the closest to the bridges; Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace are the closest regular rooms to the food court side and the royal rooms in Oak Manor and Parterre Place are closest to the lobby side.

Waterview would be the next category which would get you close to the quiet pools.

Garden views would be the next farthest and standard (or parking lot) views are the farthest away of all.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #173
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I was quite pleased with how the more recent 360-degree panoramas came out, especially after I colour-corrected them to make them brighter and warmer, so I thought I'd re-do some of the older panorama images that I did a few years ago to see if I could improve them. I think the results are literally "night and day" but let me know what you think of this Ol' Man Island view:

New: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...67-pano360.swf (or HQ version to download HERE)

Versus old: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...ano360_old.swf

[May need to wait for caches to update as both are showing as the old version at the moment, HQ version is fine though]

Andre

Wow. What a difference. Beautiful picture!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #174
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
So jealous!!!! I hope you have a great time!
Thank you! I'm very happy! I'll probably be even happier in 10 days.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #175
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I kind of have a random question. How is the wifi service from the main pool area? Any experience? I thought I could do some work from my laptop as my daughter swims. Thanks in advance.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #176
coolbluewater
Earning My Ears

Booking POR Standard...

About to book POR standard - our last two trips, we've rented DVC points and stayed at Kidani with a Savannah view, but not enough $ this time! Excited to stay at this resort - but kind of bummed about a parking lot view...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #177
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Wow. What a difference. Beautiful picture!!!!
I think I may have almost made the image TOO warm - it was taken on a rather cold February morning (hence no one near the pool, it was about 45 degrees I seem to recall).

And they (used to) say the camera doesn't lie!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #178
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I kind of have a random question. How is the wifi service from the main pool area? Any experience? I thought I could do some work from my laptop as my daughter swims. Thanks in advance.
I wonder if anyone can do a speedtest for you over there??? Anyone>?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #179
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluewater View Post
About to book POR standard - our last two trips, we've rented DVC points and stayed at Kidani with a Savannah view, but not enough $ this time! Excited to stay at this resort - but kind of bummed about a parking lot view...
I have to tell you; we booked standard last year because it was what my traveling companions could afford.

We were in the corner two rooms at the opposite end closest to the bus depot at Acadian House and we loved it! Now, mind you, we had two smokers who walked out into the parking lot to smoke - but we never saw more than a handful of people walk past our door all week. We took our chairs out in the "nook" where the doors are located and had a blast.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #180
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Just wanted to make sure that everyone here knows that a special offer came out to day for Disney Visa Holders for trips from 1/2/12-3/7/13. People are getting 30% off for POR (including Royal Rooms).

Right now it is just for Disney Visa holders but it will open to the general public on 10/10/12.

Here a couple of threads on the code board discussing it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002588

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002441
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: