Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #526
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time
Glad you had a great time, I love going to London. I am desperate to go to the Harry Potter Studios, am hoping it will be this year rather than next.

It's also great news that Lewis enjoyed his swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday,
Great news, Nikki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already!
So you'll be going back to work for a rest, then?!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #527
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Morning all, how is everyone?

My first Olympic shift yesterday was great. I'm fortunate as my grade get to walk around the Olympic park in between shuttling ambulance staff to venues. We also get to all the freebies, Samsung are giving out different pin badges and the 1st 100 to collect all 49 gets a Galaxy III phone.

Tried to blag some stuff from Coke but haven't succeded yet

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #528
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Hope you're having fun Nikki.

Finally got some sunshine today to get some washing out on the line (my current obsession..) Nearing the end of my two week holiday and will be back to work on Monday
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #529
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Question from a Florida Resident

HI

This might be weird and maybe the wrong forum my Hubby and I are going to london in Nov we arriving in heathrow in the morning around 6:30. We are trying to surprise My daughter and family they are station in RAF Lakenheath what will be the best transportation from the airport to there will it be the train if so what train stop will it be. I tried to look at the website and could not figure it out. I probably will have more questions since it will be our first time in London and we will probably go to disneyland Paris finger crossed.. We are going to be there for 3 weeks
Old 08-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #530
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Hi, I'm sorry, I can't help answer your questions. It might be an idea to post on the UK Community Forum, where some locals should be able to help you.

Sounds like a lovely idea to surprise your daughter
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #531
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying the Olympic fever!

I must say I'm loving all the Olympic festivities.. being so close to London, I'm kicking myself for not getting any tickets for any events! But I'm still enjoying watching it all on the tv!

Had an exciting time last weekend... as I went to try on some wedding dresses!! So excited, I've actually found one dress that is pretty close to what I'd describe as my dream dress! Makes it feel much more real now!

Also had some more good news with my weight loss, I've now got my 2 stone award and am only 1 stone and 3 1/2 lb away from my wedding target weight!

All of this combined with our new Disneyland booking makes me a VERY happypanda!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #532
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

OT-6 months later

Our goods were picked up in the States on 4 April and promised to be in Rotterdam 8 weeks later. The company went bankrupt, took our money left our goods on a dock in LA and told us nothing but lies.

The company in LA had a very good year and the man was going to retire. As a gift, he sent our goods on a ship and arranged for them to be delivered to us. God does answer prayers.

We learned so much by not having all our things. We are not a sum of our possessions. You can get by on less, a lot less. God provides for His children.

So yesterday, on the nearly 6 month mark, our goods were delivered to our home. I slept on soft flannel sheets and used big fluffy pillows. Our son has clothes for all seasons, especially fall and winter. We have more than we could ask for and even wonder why we packed some stuff.

The next week will be a slow unpack and hopefully we will be wearing out Disney custom clothes on the 15th in DLP.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #533
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

thats fantastic news MinnieVanMom - enjoy re-familiarising yourself with all your stuff .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #534
poppie123
Time for the dreaded hair dye me thinks
Crisps is mine, i just love them

Good morning everyone
I've got a lazy day today, housework is all done, washing is hung out and i can now sit back and put my feet up.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #535
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
thats fantastic news MinnieVanMom - enjoy re-familiarising yourself with all your stuff .
Thank you so much, it means a lot to finally have our stuff. At one point we were told it would be sold at auction to pay the bill so we thank God for our stuff. I just unpacked 3 boxes of Disney custom clothing!
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #536
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
At one point we were told it would be sold at auction to pay the bill so we thank God for our stuff.
What a relief for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppie123 View Post
I've got a lazy day today, housework is all done, washing is hung out and i can now sit back and put my feet up.
Perhaps you'd like to come and do mine now then ?!!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #537
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've just got to share this ..... I can't really talk about it at work as for one they don't really 'get' it and secondly one of my colleague's DH is finding work a bit hard to come by at the moment and so it feels wrong to bang on about this in front of her ..... so thank goodness for the DIS.

Anyhow I've finally booked the Lights Camera Magic tour for when we go to Anaheim next summer and this means we'll get to go to the Walt Disney Studios!!! Been wanting to do this ever since I read Tom's blog about it on the DL board but had to hold off booking until I knew we could afford it.

I am soooooo excited - never ever thought I'd get the chance to go there.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #538
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
I've just got to share this ..... I can't really talk about it at work as for one they don't really 'get' it and secondly one of my colleague's DH is finding work a bit hard to come by at the moment and so it feels wrong to bang on about this in front of her ..... so thank goodness for the DIS.

Anyhow I've finally booked the Lights Camera Magic tour for when we go to Anaheim next summer and this means we'll get to go to the Walt Disney Studios!!! Been wanting to do this ever since I read Tom's blog about it on the DL board but had to hold off booking until I knew we could afford it.

Fab news DL is on my list to do. I really want to do a road trip in the US, just need to talk to one of my friends and see if they are up for it as my usual USA travel buddy is getting married next year so can't make it.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #539
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post

Just.....WOW!!!!!

Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #540
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Sounds fantastic Elaine, what a superb experience
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: