Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Saratoga Goofy
Mouseketeer

engagement

Any suggestions for the perfect place to propose at WDW?:love
Saratoga Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
steeners81
Mouseketeer

You may want to post this on the dis wedding and honeymoon boards alot of them (me included) have gotten engaged at Disney.

Are you looking for something private or in the middle of crowd?
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
huskies90
DIS Veteran

Main Street. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpojZ...e_gdata_player
Dec 1977 Offsite - Jan 1990 Offsite - Jan 1991 Offsite - Nov 2004 All Star Movies- Nov 2005 Port Orleans Riverside - Dec 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - Aug 2007 Coronado Springs/Royal Pacific - June 2008 Yacht Club - Feb 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - Nov 2009 Disneyland Hotel - Aug 2010 Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel - Nov 2010 Swan - Dec 2010 All Star Music - Dec 2010 Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village - March 2011 Saratoga Springs - Aug 2011 All Star Sports - Aug 2011 Boardwalk Villas - Nov 2011 Saratoga Springs - Jan 2012 Bay Lake Tower - July 2012 Grand Californian - Aug 2012 Beach Club Villas - Nov 2012 Old Key West - Aug 2013 Old Key West - Sept 2013 Contemporary - March 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
Just watched that whole thing! He has to be a CM, right?? So cool!

1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWV, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Sports/Poly, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

That was a marketing ploy by Disney. It wasn't a real proposal.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
AdamRos19
Earning My Ears

So you can call someone down there for special occasions Disney actually does a real good job of setting people up if they have an idea ) not sure of cost but seen it done a few times. They do a fantastic job can be in belles garden (if it's still called that) ad they can actually take a photo pass for you... Best I saw and it kills me I couldn't do this but I'm certain he paid $$$$$ for this and i didn't know it was offered a man set up a picnic there before wishes, I think they just ate ice cream? But anyway as the show started he proposed they even did photos for him
During his proposal. Haha made my wife cry even as we watched it happen. Much better timing than mine had been but hey I loved it and she loved it see below:

I proposed during wishes as the music and explosions slowed down and quieted a bit so she could obviously hear me. Too busy tryin to take pictures standing in front of me I popped the ring up in front of her camera and she saw a ring on er screen then did my thing. I believe it was the once upon a dream (sleeping beauty) segment of the show. It was that or beauty and the beast center-right of the hub. Great seats for fireworks and parade had a railing near by so not to block anyone's view even when forced to stand because of the crowd near us
AdamRos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Momtotwogirls
Mouseketeer

My husband proposed to me in Cinderella's rose garden 12 years ago! He arranged it through Disney directly (they have a department for this). When we checked into the hotel, they said we were selected to have a private viewing of the fireworks on a certain night.

When we arrived, they had it roped off for us. At the bottom of the rose garden, there was a loveseat, strawberries, roses and apple cider (Magic Kingdom is a "dry" park they told my husband and do not include liquor in the packages).

Just as tinker bell flew over us, he proposed. It was very romantic and we have beautiful pictures from that night.

There are many romantic places in Disney to propose. Good luck and congratulations!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Chuck-PA
DIS Veteran

Our son just proposed to his girlfriend last month at the hotel.

They went to have their caricature drawn at the hotel near the lobby at POR.
My husband and son ran ahead to the hotel while the GF and I strolled from the room talking and taking pictures so he could get it all set up with the artist.

The artist drew my son kneeling in a tux and his GF in a princess gown with Mickey Head earrings.
He wrote on the top of the picture "Will you marry me?" When it was done, he turned the picture around and my son went to one knee. His GF was looking at the picture and then went beat red. She said yes!!.

She loves the picture. Everyone at home loved the idea.
He did research on YouTube also, but he came up with this one on his own. She had been asking him to get one of these pictures done for the last 5 years.
Chuck-PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
mowatm
Earning My Ears

Whatever happens, make sure pictures are taken!

Past Disney Trips:
1987 (off property), 1989 (off property), December 2004 (off property), December 2005 (off property), March 2009 (All Star Sports), December 2009 (Pop Century)

mowatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
pixie08
DIS Veteran

It depends on the couple. DH wanted to propose at Disney during Wishes but he knew I would freak if it was done on Main Street like that. I wouldn't want all of those onlookers (ok for some people, I am private). So he set up a whole thing and in a nutshell proposed on the beach at the Poly during Wishes (I think he used private events help).It was super romantic and he did this whole message in a bottle thing, and we had dinner at Narcoosee's, and there were flowers, champagne etc.. It was very special.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
goofykb03
Earning My Ears

If you're into a more low-key idea, my BIL proposed to my sister on the beach at the Polynesian. They weren't staying there, just went over for a quiet early evening to lounge in a hammock on the beach before dinner at Ohana. Got her the Disney proposal while keeping it intimate and without too much Disney fanfare... much as we all love Disney, that wasn't really her thing so it was perfect for them!

I also remember as a kid eating in Cinderella's caste (no idea what the name was at that time) and there was a couple with kids at a table near us. The man proposed to the woman at their table with the kids there, and it was so sweet. I was really young, but I've always remembered it and thought it was really great
May 1985 Fort Wilderness Cabins - May 1988 Polynesian - August 1989 Offsite/Carribean Beach - August 1991 Disney Inn/Port Orleans/Beach Club - July 1992 Dixie Landings - November 1993 Port Orleans/Contemporary - August 1994 Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge - December 1995/January 1996 Offsite - August 1996 Old Key West/Beach Club/Boardwalk - January 1998 Disneyland Offsite - July 1998 Coronado Springs - December 1999/January 2000: Offsite - July 2003 Offsite - December 2004/January 2005 All Star Music - September 2006 Disneyland Offsite - October 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House/Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club Villas - July 2010 Bay Lake Tower - December 2010 Saratoga Springs - June 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village - October 2013 Bay Lake Tower - May 2013 Yacht Club

goofykb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
vlproud
Earning My Ears

My fiance did propose in front of Cinderella's castle. He knows I love Cinderella and the pictures and video turned out amazing. (His parents snuck down to WDW to capture the whole thing for us.) People we didn't know made it special by cheering and clapping when I said yes and congratulated us. There's a lady in the video that was crying because she was so happy and offered to take pictures of us with my future in laws.
vlproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

We were at Disneyland Paris, because it combined our two favorite things in the world, travel and Disney! She actually proposed to me (this is our second engagement, so I had told her jokingly it was her turn, didn't know she'd actually do it!) in front of the castle there.

We stopped a CM and asked her to take our photo, explaining what had just happened in our best Frenglish. She didn't seem to understand until we pointed out our rings after the photo. She got wide eyed and said "Just now? You are engaged? That is so cool!" And walked off smiling. Indeed it was so cool

There's not really a wrong way to do it at Disney. If there's a particular country she loves in EPCOT, that can be a great picturesque setting, and it's where we had our engagement photos done later on.

There's also the Illuminations Cruise if you wanted something more private. Just the two of you and a boat driver as you watch Fireworks from the best spot in the park.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Saratoga Goofy
Mouseketeer

thanks

Thanks for the beautiful ideas. I will pass them along to my nephew who I hope proposes soon.
Saratoga Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Here is a link to the Engagements at WDW page of Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. It is a good place to start. They will work with your for a location, photographers, etc. It can be as public or private as you want.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: