Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #2191
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
I'm late, very late for your trip report :-). Read your trip report over the last two days and just had to say I loved it.

I absolutely love all your pictures. Your pictures of the Disney Cruise shows were awesome. Mine always come out blurry, my fault for not learning how to use my camera properly but looking at all your awesome photos definitely makes me want to learn how to use my camera better.

I definitely agree that the Cruella actress on the Dream was awesome, best part of the show.

thanks for reading!! (I always love your TR too) I do have a current one going on (1st in my signature)

I have now read we are no longer allowed to take ANY pictures at the shows! Even without using a flash. I guess they are enforcing it too. What a bummer.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #2192
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
thanks for reading!! (I always love your TR too) I do have a current one going on (1st in my signature)

I have now read we are no longer allowed to take ANY pictures at the shows! Even without using a flash. I guess they are enforcing it too. What a bummer.
Wow, even without a flash, I had no idea. Glad you told me cause I would totally be embarrassed by a CM reprimanding me.

We are going on the Fantasy MV and I absolutely can't wait. I will definitely write a TR for that trip cause I imagine there will be plenty of stressful stuff to write about. I just haven't decided if I am going to write a pre-trip report or not. I should since I've already finished my FE gifts.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #2193
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Wow, even without a flash, I had no idea. Glad you told me cause I would totally be embarrassed by a CM reprimanding me.

We are going on the Fantasy MV and I absolutely can't wait. I will definitely write a TR for that trip cause I imagine there will be plenty of stressful stuff to write about. I just haven't decided if I am going to write a pre-trip report or not. I should since I've already finished my FE gifts.
let me know if you write one. I would love to read it. I just asked my DH today about going on the fantasy in April as they have 2 cruise at GTY rates...and he said no, it's farming season...UGH! And then he said something really stupid....He said since Claire and I are going on the Dream in Nov. with my family, there was no reason for me to go on 2 cruises in one year....I guess he is part alien!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #2194
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
let me know if you write one. I would love to read it. I just asked my DH today about going on the fantasy in April as they have 2 cruise at GTY rates...and he said no, it's farming season...UGH! And then he said something really stupid....He said since Claire and I are going on the Dream in Nov. with my family, there was no reason for me to go on 2 cruises in one year....I guess he is part alien!
Your husband is definitely part alien. I told my husband I wanted to go on the Dream again in September and he was like not Nassau again and I was like well you can always stay on the ship.

What does GTY stand for? I know I've seen it before but my brain is completely dead at the moment. Thank goodness it is Friday and my boss is too busy to notice I'm done working for the day.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #2195
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Your husband is definitely part alien. I told my husband I wanted to go on the Dream again in September and he was like not Nassau again and I was like well you can always stay on the ship.

What does GTY stand for? I know I've seen it before but my brain is completely dead at the moment. Thank goodness it is Friday and my boss is too busy to notice I'm done working for the day.
GTY is a guarentee room. You will get a room in that catagory at least, but you might be upgraded to better. You won't be given an actual room assignment till closer to your cruise date. They usually put those out to fill up the ship.
Maybe he'll change his mind...but i doubt it. He might break down and go on the Dream though.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #2198
sarahhchan
Mouseketeer

Hi jenseib!

You know, this was the very first trip report I ever read (: and it got me really into things like this. It even inspired me to want to write my own! So I did! On Cruise Critic Message Boards Forum for my recent Holland America cruise.

For that, I'd like to thank you.

Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2014 Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Greek Isles & Holy Land - November 2013 "Live From" Trip Report
Holland America Volendam - Alaska - May 2013 "Live From" Trip Report Review
Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2011 Review Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - August 2010
Diamond Princess - Repositioning Vancouver to San Francisco - May 2006 Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Northwest - September 2002
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - Nov 1997 Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera - Sept 1997

Visit my travel picture blog HERE Visit my trip report blog; Sarah Travels HERE
sarahhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #2199
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahhchan View Post
Hi jenseib!

You know, this was the very first trip report I ever read (: and it got me really into things like this. It even inspired me to want to write my own! So I did! On Cruise Critic Message Boards Forum for my recent Holland America cruise.

For that, I'd like to thank you.
Thats awesome. I may have to go looking for it.
Did you read this one here or over on cruise critic? I love reading them and writing them.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #2200
sarahhchan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thats awesome. I may have to go looking for it.
Did you read this one here or over on cruise critic? I love reading them and writing them.
I read this one! ^^ My trip report is in my signature. The "Live From"!

Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2014 Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Greek Isles & Holy Land - November 2013 "Live From" Trip Report
Holland America Volendam - Alaska - May 2013 "Live From" Trip Report Review
Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2011 Review Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - August 2010
Diamond Princess - Repositioning Vancouver to San Francisco - May 2006 Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Northwest - September 2002
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - Nov 1997 Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera - Sept 1997

Visit my travel picture blog HERE Visit my trip report blog; Sarah Travels HERE
sarahhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #2201
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

HI I am starting to read your trip report and I am on page 8 now. I am thoroughly enjoying it. You are a great writer! I like that you are honest about even the negative aspects of the trip because that makes it so much more real. I can't wait to read more of it. Thanks for doing the trip report!

10 cruises (3-Wonder; 3-Magic; 1-Dream; 3-Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #2202
ccander2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello all! We just got back from a fabulous “Dream” trip on the Disney Dream, along with a stay at Residence Inn, Cape Canaveral, Pop Century at WDW, and Residence Inn near Sea World, with a few park visits to Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Epcot!

The dates of this trip were March 30th to April 6th.

Let’s get started with the introductions of who was SUPPOSED to go on this trip.

Me~ Jennifer~ The mom of 3 LOVELY Children (though they are not always lovely at the same time…or even all the time) I am a very BIG Disney fan and am always trying to think of a way to get there!

Skip~ My Wonderful husband of almost 9 years. He is a good dad, and he even puts up with my passion for Disney…though usually with a lot of eye rolling.

Claire~ a 6 year old girl who loves Disney very much and was very excited to take her first Cruise, as well as seeing and dressing like the Princesses.

My 2 other children are now adults and did not travel with us nor really want to for the most part. They are Michael and Paige.

As the title will tell you, we had a few mishaps, and there was a cast change…more on that in a bit.

Now for a little background info…….history. It is a little long, but I promise, I have a ton of pictures to post after all of this!

This is one of those trips that I thought just never would happen…I know, you’ve heard it all before, but HONESTLY, it really took a LONG time to get to this point.

We have gone to Disney with Claire in March of 2007, 2008 and 2009. I really wanted to go again in 2010. Skip had had a hip replacement in late 2009 and just was not ready to go back in early 2010. But believe me, I tried to convince him all the same. Claire and I then came up with the plan that we should go for her 6th birthday in December. Skip said he would think about it. Through out the year, we got a lot of “some days”, “we’ll sees”, and “maybes”.
In the mean time, Skip was still having troubles with his hip and had been sent to several different Drs…all of them claiming to have no clue what was wrong with him.
In Oct Skip started talking more about a possible Dec. trip. We had dates set, and places we want to go, etc.
Then he threw a wrench in my plans. “How much does a Disney cruise cost?”…. I was shocked! I had tried to convince him to do this in 2009 for my 40th birthday, but when it came down to it, he decided he would rather go to WDW. He had worries about a cruise with a little one with us.
I did some quick pricing, and the price for 3 nights on the Wonder, along with a few nights at WDW were almost the same as 7 nights at WDW. Before making it a done deal, Skip had one more Dr’s appointment he wanted to attend and see what was determined. This was with his hip Dr. who had claimed all year long that nothing was wrong with the hip.
Things totally changed this day. The Dr found that the implant had never adhered to the bone and the replacement was going to need to be replaced. It was scheduled for Dec 6th….2 days before we had planned to leave for our vacation.
Plans then were postponed and we decided we would go in March and still be able to catch the free dining. (I must note that even though we agreed on this, Skip sometimes doesn’t listen to me and just agrees anyways).
Mid January rolls around, Skip seems to be healing well, and I mention that we have to have Disney paid for soon to be able to get the free dining. Skip goes in panic mode and says, he doesn’t care about saving money (yeah right) and he would rather go in May now, but he WOULD NOT commit to any dates. Let’s just say that I wasn’t happy, and for a few days there wasn’t much talking going on at all in our house.

A few days later, Skip mentions he has called a Travel Agent and has looked at possibly going on the Disney Dream or going to Disneyland in CA. My job then, was to spend lots of hours on the computer pricing several scenarios, we chose the 3 night Dream, with a few added park days.
FINALLY a trip is booked!
Just happened to find this..reading now..
ccander2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #2203
ccander2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have updates on my blog as well if you want to read it there, and other real life events

My blog

I also would like to invite you to read my other current Reports.

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

Disney Snob Does Cedar Point

March 30, 2011

Day1 The flight

Day 1 the Drive and Fish Lips

Day 1 Residence Inn and evening

March 31, 2011

Day2 Early morning dream

everyone wakes up

Arriving at Terminal

Meeting Mickey, Seeing the Dream

almost there

All aboard!

lunch at Cabanas

the room

Nassau shopping talk

Pluto Meet

sail away party

sailing away

Golden Mickeys 1

Golden Mickeys 2

Golden Mickeys 3

Golden Mickeys 4

Golden Mickeys 5

The photoshoot

Enchanted Garden arrival

Enchanted Garden

Shopping and Exploring

Late night Swim and off to Bed

April 1, 2011

Day 3 Bright and early Morning

Shots around the ship

Shots pulling into port

More shots of pulling into port

Blue Lagoon 1

Blue Lagoon 2

Blue Lagoon 3

Princess meet and greet

More Princesses

detective agency

Agency map

Shots from Verandah

Villains Tonight

Villains 2

Pirates IN the Caribbean party

Pirate shots and dinner

Royal Palace

More pirate pictures

Buccaneer Blast

April 2nd, 2011

Early riser

morning photos

More morning pictures

Sunrise

Castaway Cay in sight!

Castaway Cay and mine mine

1st Island Character

A visit with Beach Minnie

Beach Mickey

Castaway Beach

Aqua Duck Fun

Cookies Too

tube fun

Believe

Believe2

Donalds rear end

Animator's Palate

Animator's Palate 2

Last evening on the Dream
Saving to read..lol Ty for sharing
ccander2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #2204
tiffcox
Earning My Ears

:)

Look like y'all had a great time! I can't wait for our cruise in October!

First Disney Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder

Tiffany (31) Aaron DH (31) Aaryn-Nicole DD (3)
tiffcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #2205
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahhchan View Post
I read this one! ^^ My trip report is in my signature. The "Live From"!
I'll have to get over there in the next week or so and start reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejewel View Post
HI I am starting to read your trip report and I am on page 8 now. I am thoroughly enjoying it. You are a great writer! I like that you are honest about even the negative aspects of the trip because that makes it so much more real. I can't wait to read more of it. Thanks for doing the trip report!
Hi.
Thanks for reading. I try to tel labout the good the bad and the ugly.
I also have to ohter TR's I have written since then about cruising. The links are in my signature. One is "I love commedians with guitars" thats about the Magic out of Galveston and the one I am currently working on is " The places we go the people we see". That is about the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccander2011 View Post
Just happened to find this..reading now..
Thanks for reading. I enjoy writing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffcox View Post
Look like y'all had a great time! I can't wait for our cruise in October!
Thanks! it was a good time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: