Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #961
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Lucky that you have those tickets (non-expire, or pre-hopper?) We purchased one day tickets for the 4 of us last summer. YIKES!!!

July is nice! I hope that we will be returning to Florida in July- Disney and Universal- but DH is not on board yet. C'mon discounts!
They are no expire ph.
In April we bought a 1 day Uni/IOA tix. My parents bought the boys' tix though.
We'll see how the prices are for April. I'm not very optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #962
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
They are no expire ph.
In April we bought a 1 day Uni/IOA tix. My parents bought the boys' tix though.
We'll see how the prices are for April. I'm not very optimistic.

We found AAA had the best price for Uni/IoA tickets and Undercover Tourist had the best prices. Some on the US forums have talked about getting tickets at some Costcos. IIRC, they were multiday tickets that don't expire for awhile.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #963
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

We found AAA had the best price for Uni/IoA tickets and Undercover Tourist had the best prices. Some on the US forums have talked about getting tickets at some Costcos. IIRC, they were multiday tickets that don't expire for awhile.
Thanks I found that too.

February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #964
Pastina Noodle
Earning My Ears

Ramen is looking at all those rides and wondering if they will let flat noodles in the parks. I told him I was sure our friends the Fettuccines and the Lasagnas would really enjoy that.

Fondly, Pastina
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #965
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Well, at least you were productive during your breakdown. DinoLand is so...colorful and wonderfully tacky.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #966
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

I don't see the hidden Mickey

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #967
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

That was nice of the CM in the store to point out the hidden Mickey! It's so hidden that I don't even see it! Unless that thing on the support beam is an actual Mickey??

I'm glad that you had a moment with your camera to gain some composure. I agree with you that it wouldn't have helped to say something to the dad. He may not have had a clue as to how insensitive and rude it was of his son. You handled it well.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #968
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastina Noodle View Post
Ramen is looking at all those rides and wondering if they will let flat noodles in the parks. I told him I was sure our friends the Fettuccines and the Lasagnas would really enjoy that.

Fondly, Pastina
Flat Noodles!!!

I would love to see Flat Noodles going around to the different Food & Wine booths, but I am already fairly busy making sure FB is making his appointed rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjieNet View Post
Well, at least you were productive during your breakdown. DinoLand is so...colorful and wonderfully tacky.
My camera is like a pacifier. I use it when I am bored, or anxious and apparently, upset. I didn't really care what I was taking pictures of, my back was turned to the crowd and the camera covered the tears on my face.

I love the bright colors in Dinoland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
I don't see the hidden Mickey
It is not the traditional 3 circle Mickey, it is the classic profile Mickey. It is in the center of the picture. The plug is Mickey's nose, and the twisted wires form his two ears.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
That was nice of the CM in the store to point out the hidden Mickey! It's so hidden that I don't even see it! Unless that thing on the support beam is an actual Mickey??

I'm glad that you had a moment with your camera to gain some composure. I agree with you that it wouldn't have helped to say something to the dad. He may not have had a clue as to how insensitive and rude it was of his son. You handled it well.
See above for the explanation of the Mickey.

Thanks for the vote of support. I was really torn because as a parent, I would want to know if my kid had done something like that, but I honestly didn't know if I would get empathy, so I wasn't going to put myself in that position. And even if the dad did understand and made his son tell me he was sorry, I didn't want to be seen as the mean parent who blew a prank out of proportion just to receive a forced apology.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #969
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Taking pictures would be a good way to hide the tears. And you found a hidden Mickey too! Dinoland is a pretty neat place. I used to really love dinosaurs when I was a kid... I guess I still do!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #970
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

That's exactly what I would have done, hidden behind the camera. Very cool about the MH, I had never heard of that one.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #971
MEK
DIS Veteran

How nice of the CM to show you that hidden Mickey (which I still can't see ). I'm hopeless.

Great pictures of Primeval Whirl and the Triceratops spin. I hope taking pictures started to take you mind off of how unhappy you were feeling. I know it works really well for me. I find my camera to be very therapeutic.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #972
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Taking pictures would be a good way to hide the tears. And you found a hidden Mickey too! Dinoland is a pretty neat place. I used to really love dinosaurs when I was a kid... I guess I still do!
My younger son Ben (11) really loves dinos! We have Dino toys, books, movies, a lunch box. He really knows his stuff, all the dino names, when they all lived. Eating at T-Rex is a must-do for us.

Once, as my dad was surveying Ben's collection of dinosaur toys, he said "Ben has more dinosaurs than were around at the time of the dinosaurs!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
That's exactly what I would have done, hidden behind the camera. Very cool about the MH, I had never heard of that one.
I thought I would find some kindred souls who would also take comfort in their cameras during difficult times.

Never would have spotted that HM without help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
How nice of the CM to show you that hidden Mickey (which I still can't see ). I'm hopeless.

Great pictures of Primeval Whirl and the Triceratops spin. I hope taking pictures started to take you mind off of how unhappy you were feeling. I know it works really well for me. I find my camera to be very therapeutic.
You made me think of the episode of Seinfeld where Mr. Pitt is looking for the hidden item in a picture. "I don't see it!"

Hope this helps:

I have cropped the picture. I think the plug in the socket is his nose and the curled wires make up the 3 circles. My view is that it is a profile Mickey picture like this: althought maybe if you look at it from a different angle in the store it is the classic HM *O*

Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #973
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Now I see it!!! That does look like Mickey's profile. Thanks for the helpful editing!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #974
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It seems like the time spent taking the pictures gave you some time to gain your composure and gathers your wits. We mothers feel as if we need to be on our A game at all times so when something happens that gets us flustered (such as the photobombing incidents) and we reach the meltdown stage, it can be hard to deal with. I personally think that you handled the situation well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #975
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oops, I forgot to mention that I see the Hidden Mickey! I hope that it's still there in May so I can see it in "real life".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: