Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
alc571
DIS Veteran

4 days and STRESSED!

Anyone else get super stressed before their trip?

We leave in 4 days and I'm beyond stressed. DS is still fighting a cold he got over two weeks ago and I started with the "throat tickle" on Sunday. Mine is still pretty weak, but I'm actually having nightmares about it turning into a full blown flu the day we depart. DH insists its in my head and it's my stress that's causing me to be sick.

Our last trip DS had a cold and I had a sinus infection - I so don't want to repeat that.

I think Im so stressed because this is our first onsite stay - and will probably be our only onsite stay as we can't normally afford DW resorts - and it's my dream trip. I just want it to be perfect!!

Thanks for letting me vent
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
finchydee
Earning My Ears

We leave in 7 days and I'm feeling the same! DD is teething badly and seems to have a little cold as well. I'm hoping I can avoid it but I'm coughing already :-/ I keep reminding myself its going to be what it's going to be and driving myself crazy and stressing wont help or change it. Still I can't help but have it in the back of my head! I hope you end up having a magical trip and I'm sure you will no matter what!

Caribbean Beach May '08, Off-site March '09, Coronado Springs May '10, Art of Animation Resort October '12, Holiday Inn DTD May '13, Windsor Hills Resort May '14
finchydee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
alc571
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I must keep reminding myself of that. DH keeps reminding me that we are not exactly traveling to a third world country, and if we need anything (drugs, Dr, etc) they are available at Disney too! lol.. It's just different to me when you leave the country (and free Canadian healthcare!).

I hope your DD gets better soon and you escape the cold fairies!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

I always get stressed before a trip. Lots of worries about having the house in order and making sure everything is taken care of and everyone healthy.

It always works out in the end. Even on our one trip where my daughter was puking the whole night before we went on vacation (then my other daughter and I both got the same virus while in disney) we still managed to have a wonderful, memorable trip
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I always get that way before our trip. It never fails, I always end up with someone at that dr. office the week before we leave but I take them with any sign of any kind of illness to get it knocked out before we leave.

My kids dread my attitude before a trip because I get real snappy the day or so before we leave. I want the house clean and I want everything done just perfect and the more I try to do, the more they seem to walk around in circles.

It's kind of funny to me because as much as I try not to do it, I find myself grumpy and I fuss at them to do what I asked them to do or get out of my way. On the day we leave I am running around like a crazy woman trying to do last minute things and I am normally beyond stressed, but the minute we get into the car to go I am at peace with the world. It's like a light being turned off and on, but I just can't help it.

Try to stay calm and relax because you are about to have a blast!! Have a wonderful trip!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
alc571
DIS Veteran

I appreciate your responses so much. It's so nice to know I'm not alone! lol

I'll show it to DH & DS - they might like to know there are others suffering with Disney-commando moms too! lol
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc571
Thank you! I must keep reminding myself of that. DH keeps reminding me that we are not exactly traveling to a third world country, and if we need anything (drugs, Dr, etc) they are available at Disney too! lol.. It's just different to me when you leave the country (and free Canadian healthcare!).

I hope your DD gets better soon and you escape the cold fairies!
If you need meds that Disney doesn't have the front desk can give you the number of a local pharmacy that delivers! Hope you don't need it but just so you know in case.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Mom2Four
Mouseketeer

I feel your pain! I get the same exact way. We have had many a trip where someone gets sick. We are supposed to leave for Disney Saturday morning, and a few days ago my little one came down with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease!!!! I always bring down the usual over the counter meds that I know my children will take just in case i can't find the exact brand down there. One time i searched high and low for Tylenol melt-aways since it's the only medicine my 10 year old will take......couldn't find them anywhere. So now I like to cover my bases, just in case. I hope you all stay healthy and have a great trip!!

Polynesian
Shades of Green
AKL
All Star Sports
Beach Club Villas ,
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
All Star Family Suites
Wilderess Lodge Villas
Mom2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Take Sudafed and Mucinex and a couple of tylenol. You should be good.

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
ilovefairies
Earning My Ears

I am so glad I am not alone. I am about to lose my mind!! Since we made our final payment, DS1 has been hospitalized twice, DH hospitalized once...(insert whole lot more stress here). We leave Friday morning and I am still trying to get over a bad case of bronchitis and tonight DS2 started coughing and running a fever.
This is our first REAL vacation and it could be our last chance to take a big trip like this, as DS2's special needs are getting more intense as he grows older. I have dreams of this being a magical, perfect vacation, but I'm afraid all the stress is just going to follow us there.
Need some major prayers and lots of pixie dust.

ilovefairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Mom2Four
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefairies View Post
I am so glad I am not alone. I am about to lose my mind!! Since we made our final payment, DS1 has been hospitalized twice, DH hospitalized once...(insert whole lot more stress here). We leave Friday morning and I am still trying to get over a bad case of bronchitis and tonight DS2 started coughing and running a fever.
This is our first REAL vacation and it could be our last chance to take a big trip like this, as DS2's special needs are getting more intense as he grows older. I have dreams of this being a magical, perfect vacation, but I'm afraid all the stress is just going to follow us there.
Need some major prayers and lots of pixie dust.
Good luck and sending prayers your way!! On my first trip I also wanted everything to be ''perfect''. I have come to realize after 15 plus trips to Disney, that is impossible! But each and every trip is magical in it's own way, even when there are a few hiccups!!!! Enjoy, and relax, everything will work out!

Polynesian
Shades of Green
AKL
All Star Sports
Beach Club Villas ,
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
All Star Family Suites
Wilderess Lodge Villas
Mom2Four is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread